Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Marquinhos? RiRo? Ter Stegen? Come on. Even if those players were attainable, no way an EPL team is spending only £80M for four highly touted players like those.

Those are the types of players they need, and I specifically speculated on players who could be leaving their clubs in the summer. Liverpool has some UCL caliber players, but when you have players like Toure, Moreno, Mignolet getting important minutes, thats why they are where they are in the standings. They need some real talent, and that costs money. I was going by transfermarkt value, and adding a few million. Maybe it'll cost more, but I think they have to pay up for some top players.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Those are the types of players they need, and I specifically speculated on players who could be leaving their clubs in the summer. Liverpool has some UCL caliber players, but when you have players like Toure, Moreno, Mignolet getting important minutes, thats why they are where they are in the standings. They need some real talent, and that costs money. I was going by transfermarkt value, and adding a few million. Maybe it'll cost more, but I think they have to pay up for some top players.

Not sure about Rodriguez but I don't buy the other two leaving, and certainly not to Liverpool.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sakho has stunk out the place lately btw. Wondering what exactly Klopp will do about that. They're probably going to sign Matip on a free and I expect he'd start.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Marquinhos to Liverpool? :laugh:
If he leaves Paris, he has the choice between Bayern, Barca, Real or any other big team. Why would he choose Liverpool? :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Marquinhos to Liverpool? :laugh:
If he leaves Paris, he has the choice between Bayern, Barca, Real or any other big team. Why would he choose Liverpool? :laugh:

I think he'd sit on the bench for all of those teams.

If he wants playing time handed to him, he probably has to drop down a level. If he even wants a chance to earn playing time, he probably has to drop down a level. I actually prefer him to David Luiz, but you and I both know that he's probably not going to get a chance to start as long as David Luiz is there.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think he'd sit on the bench for all of those teams.

If he wants playing time handed to him, he probably has to drop down a level. If he even wants a chance to earn playing time, he probably has to drop down a level. I actually prefer him to David Luiz, but you and I both know that he's probably not going to get a chance to start as long as David Luiz is there.

:laugh:
Barca proposed a fortune for him last summer. You think it's to sit on the bench?

Marquinhos is already among the best CBs in the world.
He's easily fit on all these teams, except maybe Real because of their obssession with Ramos.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And to those who still knock David Luiz, well welcome to the present. He's been amazing for a while now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sakho has stunk out the place lately btw. Wondering what exactly Klopp will do about that. They're probably going to sign Matip on a free and I expect he'd start.

Sakho clearly isn't 100% but the problem is they don't have anyone else right now. Matip won't come until the summer and Caulker is a forward now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah if Lovren holds form like he has under Klopp I could see our CB pairing being Matip - Lovren next season.

Sakho has never really impressed in the EPL, but he's still a big favourite of Liverpool fans.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Didn't Messi put up a stink previously with Guardiola about playing up front? Do you really think he'd move into midfield? By 2nd fiddle I meant a bench role sorry that wasn't clear. Dybala is going to want to be a first XI player wherever he goes and I just don't see that at Barcelona in the forseeable future.

He's played in the whole this year without any complaints... and pep always wanted him as a false 9, it was his idea to convert him from RW.

SAkho has always sucked, when I've watched him in the EPL. Some just refused to see it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sakho hasn't always sucked, that's quite untrue. But now, coming back from this injury, it appears that he sucks.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Sakho has been the MOTM many times.

But he struggled with consistency. He might not be as strong in the air as required. Even though he is strong he can get bullied by other teams big guys which is inacceptable.

Liverpool get beaten in the air far too often. Lovren might be better but he is still IMO not the ideal replacement.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sky claims that Teixeira has told Shakhtar his best friends in football are Coutinho and Lucas Leiva so he doesn't want to be sold to some other team.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I can't think of many MotM performances from Sakho at all. He's had some good ones where he's looked a good defender, but he's been very inconsistent with Liverpool forever (which is why I was so surprised with the Lovren flak given the leeway Sakho has been given). Sakho hasn't always sucked I don't think that's a fair statement, but he has never been consistently good for Liverpool as some fans would have you believe.

Anyway, lots of news about Teixeira preferring to come to Liverpool, talks ongoing, Coutinho and Lucas are some of his closest friends in football, etc.

So much around this I have to think that they're going to get it done.

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Sky claims that Teixeira has told Shakhtar his best friends in football are Coutinho and Lucas Leiva so he doesn't want to be sold to some other team.

Interesting if true.

Echo reporting that LFC and Shakhtar are still upwards of £13M apart in valuation. Maybe they're worried about their net spend? Otherwise pony up because this is just leaving time for the transfer to be hijacked.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Is it too soon to break out the greggy.png for the demise of Sakho's inexplicable reputation?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ramires is on his way out of chelsea apparently

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Schalke are trying to sign John Brooks from Hertha Berlin. I don't think Berlin want to sell him in the winter transfer window, as he's a big part of their team and they are pushing for Champions League.

I think he'll eventually be sold in the summer because he's not agreed to a contract extension yet, and his deal is up after the 16-17 season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But who is going to hijack it? Other clubs would already be doing so.

Chelsea. Or anyone else that wants him, reads the newspaper and knows the price tag.

Ian Ayre vs. Former USSR born oligarchs with mob ties and infinity money.

What could possibly go wrong?

I have no faith Ayre can pull this off at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->