Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ayre went home without closing the deal for Texeira. Fun.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Teixera would be wise to move to Liverpool I'd think.
He's 26 and can't really afford to move to a better cluib and where he may not immediately be considered a first eleven player. I'd guess he's still chasing that first cap as well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it really sounds like we have a good shot of getting Teixeira. Is there a better goal scorer available right now? I really like what I've seen of him, and his peripherals all look great. Realistically just the pace and lethality alone is what we really need, but everything else that he seems to have (great decision making, strong on the ball, versatility) just makes the idea that much better.

Hopefully we aren't disappointed in the end.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it really sounds like we have a good shot of getting Teixeira. Is there a better goal scorer available right now?

He's very good but let's not start with these types of comments.
Had I asked yesterday who the best available goalscorer is, Teixera would not have been mentioned.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
He's very good but let's not start with these types of comments.
Had I asked yesterday who the best available goalscorer is, Teixera would not have been mentioned.

It's not a ridiculous comment if you are just talking about players available to Liverpool. He definitely seems to have a very good knack for scoring.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It was actually a legitimate question. Is there one? When I say available I mean to Liverpool.

I mean, he's not even a Liverpool player. I'm not hyping him as such. It was just meant as a question.

Last edited:

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
It's not a ridiculous comment if you are just talking about players available to Liverpool. He definitely seems to have a very good knack for scoring.

Not saying it's ridiculous. Just don't think the hype train needs to leave the station just yet.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The hype train should have left the station on him a long time ago, but he plays in Ukraine and all that. He'd be perfect for Chelsea by the way. I'd be destroyed if he went there.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
So the details of Bale's transfer to Madrid have been linked and he is set (very likely will) to cost more than Ronaldo. Madrid also reportedly forbade Spurs from disclosing any financials from the deal. A reporter has also come out and said he was told not to write about the Bale fee. According to him it's because someone would get upset.

we talked about it in the last thread...also a clause that Madrid can't sell him without Spurs having first shot at matching

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why do you prefer Lacazette?

Also lots of places reporting that Liverpool are willing to increase their bid and that Teixeira is keen on moving to Anfield (his dream is the play in the PL, apparently).

Must not get too hopeful. Temper expectations as well because he almost certainly won't maintain his scoring record...at least not right away. Unless he pulls a Costa.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Why do you prefer Lacazette?

Also lots of places reporting that Liverpool are willing to increase their bid and that Teixeira is keen on moving to Anfield (his dream is the play in the PL, apparently).

Must not get too hopeful. Temper expectations as well because he almost certainly won't maintain his scoring record...at least not right away. Unless he pulls a Costa.
Lacazette is a very good dribbler and more of a striker than Teixera. He can run behind the defense and he is a very clinical finisher. I feel Teixera is playing more like a 10 even though he seems to score in bunches.
But he might be more expensive and not interested by Liverpool.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't watch a lot or if any Donetsk, how good can Teixera be?

Lol at Atletico wanting to buy a club, shouldn't they work on paying any debt they have first?

lol what transfer?
Continuing the Xhaka talks, he isn't just rumoured to Arsenal, almost every top 5-7 domestic football league has Xhaka going to one of the top teams. I've seen him linked with Sparta Moskov, Zenit, Juventus, Valcenia, Atletico, and Arsenal.

Now in terms of Arsenal, this would a freakin' awesome buy. Gotta strengthen up that midfield and Granit does that. But I do think cgf is overrating Xhaka's price tag, I highly doubt he would go for anything close to 40 million Euros. One site, Express which is a joke has him going for £37m which Wenger won't spend, while The Guardian, a more trusted site, has him going for £26m or 34 million Euros. Newspapers calling him "a young, but better tackling Schweinsteiger". :sarcasm:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG is apparently after Lewa. They have met his agent. PSG will spend some dough next summer, book it. Zlatan will be gone and Lavezzi, Maxwell and maybe Cavani will be off the books.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Any chance that PSG will move Lucas? Liverpool could really use an out and out winger. Someone like Williams or Lucas fits the bill though they're going to be expensive. Liverpool are also one of the teams linked with Xhaka (and he would address their needs in midfield).

Melissa Reddy is reporting that Teixeira is keen on Liverpool to put a name to the rumour, and that Liverpool were encouraged to come have discussions face to face. Still a difficult negotiation.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I think if Liverpool want to get where they think they're supposed to be, they need to stop this haggling over a few million pounds business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad