Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Supposedly Stoke is deciding whether or not to spend 19million pounds on Giannelli Imbula. They need someone to fill the hole Nzonzi left but that's a bit pricey, can probably find a better deal elsewhere

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's possible Lucas move, especially if PSG can recoup the money they spent on him. He clearly isn't developping as expected. His end product is so far off from his potential it's scary.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Supposedly Stoke is deciding whether or not to spend 19million pounds on Giannelli Imbula. They need someone to fill the hole Nzonzi left but that's a bit pricey, can probably find a better deal elsewhere
That would be a huge deal for them.

Imbula potential is out of this world. Too bad his attitude is holding him down.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I don't watch a lot or if any Donetsk, how good can Teixera be?

Lol at Atletico wanting to buy a club, shouldn't they work on paying any debt they have first?

Continuing the Xhaka talks, he isn't just rumoured to Arsenal, almost every top 5-7 domestic football league has Xhaka going to one of the top teams. I've seen him linked with Sparta Moskov, Zenit, Juventus, Valcenia, Atletico, and Arsenal.

Now in terms of Arsenal, this would a freakin' awesome buy. Gotta strengthen up that midfield and Granit does that. But I do think cgf is overrating Xhaka's price tag, I highly doubt he would go for anything close to 40 million Euros. One site, Express which is a joke has him going for £37m which Wenger won't spend, while The Guardian, a more trusted site, has him going for £26m or 34 million Euros. Newspapers calling him "a young, but better tackling Schweinsteiger". :sarcasm:

Newspapers are wrong. Xhaka isn't half the player Schweinsteiger was at his peak, especially in the tackling department. Actually, tackling is his most obvious weakness, since he often makes reckless challenges.

I'm not saying he couldn't strengthen Arsenal or provide something they don't have, I just don't see a chance at all that Bayern or Barca go after him.

PSG is apparently after Lewa. They have met his agent. PSG will spend some dough next summer, book it. Zlatan will be gone and Lavezzi, Maxwell and maybe Cavani will be off the books.

I don't think that Lewa will move, but his agent is a clown. Either wants a higher salary from Bayern or the money in his pocket that would come from a transfer.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Jean Marie Dongou moves to Real Zaragoza on a free.
Tello loaned to Fiorentina.
Kuzmanovic returns to Serie A on loan to Udinese.
Tabanou back to St. Ettienne on loan.

Last edited:

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
International soccer clubs spent a record high of $4.18 billion in player transfers in 2015, according to world soccer’s premier governing body FIFA. With television and sponsorship money rocketing, the number of players transferred from one club to another was up to an all time high, according to FIFA's Global Transfer Market report, which monitored 6,500 clubs around the world.

England, home to the Premier League, was responsible for more than 30 percent of the total outlay, the statement released Thursday showed.

The reports showed that 13,558 transfers took place last year, of which only 13.7 percent had a fee involved. Transfer fees have ballooned in the past few years, with the amount spent on player transfers rising by 44 percent since 2011.

The report also showed salary data for the first time. Soccer players received $6.6 billion in wages as part of transfer deals in 2015. As domestic transfers are not overseen by FIFA, Godard estimated that the total transfer market could be worth more than the $4.2 billion reported.

http://www.ibtimes.com/fifa-transfers-market-rises-42b-2015-hits-record-high-2276060

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Have West Ham actually bid ~20M for Josip Drmic? I actually like Drmic and think he could be a nice fit for them...if he was on form...but his form this year has been very poor and is a far cry from the guy who shined for 1.FCN, or even the one who outplayed Keissling in the ruckrunde last season. If there's any truth to this, even if the figure being offered is closer to half that amount, BMG would be wise to sell and reinvest those funds in the club.

I don't watch a lot or if any Donetsk, how good can Teixera be?

Lol at Atletico wanting to buy a club, shouldn't they work on paying any debt they have first?

Continuing the Xhaka talks, he isn't just rumoured to Arsenal, almost every top 5-7 domestic football league has Xhaka going to one of the top teams. I've seen him linked with Sparta Moskov, Zenit, Juventus, Valcenia, Atletico, and Arsenal.

Now in terms of Arsenal, this would a freakin' awesome buy. Gotta strengthen up that midfield and Granit does that. But I do think cgf is overrating Xhaka's price tag, I highly doubt he would go for anything close to 40 million Euros. One site, Express which is a joke has him going for £37m which Wenger won't spend, while The Guardian, a more trusted site, has him going for £26m or 34 million Euros. Newspapers calling him "a young, but better tackling Schweinsteiger". :sarcasm:

The thing is, he's not likely to move if the fee isn't closer to 40M than 30M, especially if BMG hold onto a CL spot. He's happy there...unless a true giant comes in and turns his head...and has a long term contract with no out-clause for this summer. While BMG is very financially sound, coming of a great year fiscally, and may well be looking forward to CL funds again for next season. So Gladbach have no need and/or desire to sell him before the summer of 2017...unless they get an offer they just can't refuse. His card-troubles have opened the door for him to move this summer if such an offer comes in; but without such an offer or him being unsettled, they'll just hold onto their captain for another season and collect their ~30M for him when a team triggers the out-clause that kicks in for that window...and Dahoud is more prepared to carry their midfield with a new partner.

Kid's a young Xabi Alonso/Stefan Effenberg, and they won't give that player up before they have to, for any less than they have to. Not without the player wanting out, a financial need to cash in on him, or his contract forcing their hand; the latter two of which will not be the case for another 18 months.

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
The fact that they haven't recalled Markovic makes me think Klopp doesn't think that much of him.

Unless that's already been documented. Too lazy to look.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The fact that they haven't recalled Markovic makes me think Klopp doesn't think that much of him.

Unless that's already been documented. Too lazy to look.

Echo reported a while ago that Liverpool CANNOT bring back Markovic. I sure Klopp can't wait to get his hands on him. Don't worry :)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Have West Ham actually bid ~20M for Josip Drmic? I actually like Drmic and think he could be a nice fit for them...if he was on form...but his form this year has been very poor and is a far cry from the guy who shined for 1.FCN, or even the one who outplayed Keissling in the ruckrunde last season. If there's any truth to this, even if the figure being offered is closer to half that amount, BMG would be wise to sell and reinvest those funds in the team.

I haven't seen this anywhere.

Don't think there's 20 million to spend, especially not with no one leaving. Only Zarate leaving made room on the wage bill for Sam Byram. The owners have talked about wanting a "20 goal" striker in the summer, but I don't really think Drmic fits the bill.

I did see us linked with Batshuayi :D

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Markovic scored an absolute beauty in the 90th minute, too. He hasn't been overly productive, but he's got a good blend of talent, athleticism and work rate that Klopp will really enjoy moulding.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Apparently barca bid 80 million for Dybala, rejected of course by Juve. Rumour has it they even increased their bid days later, also rejected. At some point he'll swim across the Mediterranean to play for barca.:D

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Dybala would fit like a glove at Barca, but unfortunately I don't see him getting a lot of playing time after MSN.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dybala would fit like a glove at Barca, but unfortunately I don't see him getting a lot of playing time after MSN.

It wouldn't be MSN anymore but DSN... Messi would play behind them in the hole. In any case, Dybala would benefit from more time playing as the main attacking option. 2 Years from now, I can see him at the camp nou.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Where would Dybala even fit in? Unless they're planning on selling Neymar like some of the rumours going around (I highly doubt it) I don't think Dybala will leave to play second fiddle somewhere.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So if they get Dybs and PP = galacticos?

I think he's going to Madrid, now that Zizo is there.

Where would Dybala even fit in? Unless they're planning on selling Neymar like some of the rumours going around (I highly doubt it) I don't think Dybala will leave to play second fiddle somewhere.

As I said their would be a new trident and Messi would drop back. Neymar/Suarez didn't mind playing 2nd fiddle, neither would Dybala, he's already said how much he'd love to play for them before.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think he's going to Madrid, now that Zizo is there.

As I said their would be a new trident and Messi would drop back. Neymar/Suarez didn't mind playing 2nd fiddle, neither would Dybala, he's already said how much he'd love to play for them before.

Messi could take the place of Iniesta when/if he falls off and they wouldn't need to buy Pogba. That would be cool too. Somehow I doubt Juventus will sell Dybala a year after getting him, though.

Buda

Nov 1, 2002
I think (and hope) Juve see their new Del Piero in Dybala and will fight even harder too keep him than Pogba...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
More on Teixeira.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/0...o-leave-they-have-received-a-very-good-offer/

“I would like to move in this transfer window and have told them [Shakhtar] that.

“They have received a very good offer and they are working on a solution.

“But if I don’t go now then I will leave in the summer. After six years in Europe and with Shakhtar we are ready to move and I have spoken to my wife and daughter.â€

“I am not ruling out other leagues but I do want to play in the Premier League. In my mind, it is the strongest in the world. I want a challenge and to further my career there.

Hopefully Liverpool can get this done now. I doubt they outbid bigger teams in the summer and this is a big chance to get in and pip the competition. Fingers crossed, because a front 4 of:

Lallana - Teixeira - Coutinho
Firmino​

Could be really something. There would just be so much movement and fluidity...in theory.

Didn't Messi put up a stink previously with Guardiola about playing up front? Do you really think he'd move into midfield? By 2nd fiddle I meant a bench role sorry that wasn't clear. Dybala is going to want to be a first XI player wherever he goes and I just don't see that at Barcelona in the forseeable future.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
After today's circus Liverpool better be looking at some defendive players, namely a LB and DM.

After any other match, people say the same thing about offensive players.

They need upgrades at pretty much every position except the #10 spot. And that's if Coutinho is still with the club next year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sturridge
Coutinho-Teixera-Ibe
Can-Henderson
someone-Sakho-someone-Clyne
someone

Big needs are a goalkeeper, maybe thats Ter-Stegen. A left back, maybe thats Ricardo Rodriguez, a center-back, I think Marquinhos could be a fit. Bogdan, Lovren, Caulker, Toure, Ilori, Moreno, Jose Enrique, Lucas Leiva, Allen, Lallana are all players that have to go. I really don't think it'd take more than another 80M pounds net spend to turn this into a UCL caliber squad, its missing probably three or four UCL caliber players at important positions, another depth player in midfield and a few main players staying healthy from being very good.

Sakho's very underrated, Clyne's one of the best RB's in the premier league, Can-Henderson is a solid core central midfield core, Coutinho is overrated but still pretty good, Alex Teixeira is probably hit or miss, similar to Luiz Adriano, Ibe could develop into a very good winger. Sturridge might not be able to stay fit, but I still don't think striker is a need, even if he can't. Benteke probably isn't far from Giroud caliber if he gets a lot of service and plays for a very good attacking team. Firmino can fill in as an alternative, Origi has some potential, Ings is serviceable.

Mignolet's a good back up keeper, Flanagan, Skrtel, Gomez is good defensive depth, if they can stay healthy. Might need another central midfielder. That could be Grujic. Milner's okay for a small role in the squad, as is Rossiter. Attacking midfield depth is good. Firmino's versatile and can play a few positions. Milner's serviceable, although not very exciting. Joao Carlos Teixeira and Markovic can probably add some youth and depth to that attacking midfield.

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Sturridge
Coutinho-Teixera-Ibe
Can-Henderson
someone-Sakho-someone-Clyne
someone

Big needs are a goalkeeper, maybe thats Ter-Stegen. A left back, maybe thats Ricardo Rodriguez, a center-back, I think Marquinhos could be a fit. Bogdan, Lovren, Caulker, Toure, Ilori, Moreno, Jose Enrique, Lucas Leiva, Allen are all players that have to go. I really don't think it'd take more than another 80M to turn this into a UCL caliber squad, its missing probably four UCL caliber players at important positions, another depth player in midfield and a few main players staying healthy from being very good.

Sakho's very underrated, Clyne's one of the best RB's in the premier league, Can-Henderson is a solid core central midfield core, Coutinho is overrated but still pretty good, Alex Teixeira is probably hit or miss, similar to Luiz Adriano, Ibe could develop into a very good winger. Sturridge might not be able to stay fit, but I still don't think striker is a need, even if he can't. Benteke is probably Giroud caliber if he gets a lot of service and plays for a very good attacking team. Firmino can fill in as an alternative, Origi has some potential, Ings is serviceable.

Mignolet's a good back up keeper, Flanagan, Skrtel, Gomez is good defensive depth, if they can stay healthy. Might need another central midfielder. I don't think Lucas Leiva and Joe Allen are good. They probably need someone to replace their roles. Milner's okay for a small role in the squad, as is Rossiter. Attacking midfield depth is good. Firmino's versatile and can play a few positions. Milner's serviceable, although not very exciting. Joao Carlos Teixeira and Markovic can probably add some youth and depth to that attacking midfield.

Marquinhos? RiRo? Ter Stegen? Come on. Even if those players were attainable, no way an EPL team is spending only £80M for four highly touted players like those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->