Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ollie is more Iniesta than Xavi...

He isn't getting a lot of minutes but the new guys in general have been getting few. This is how Simeone handles players new players, he did it with Greizmann. The fans last year even boo'd Simeone for subbing out Greizz in one game. He slowly brings them along while they get accustomed to the team.

With a transfer ban looming 25 million although not a bad price considering everything doesn't mean much to Atelti if they can't use it. I think they keep one of the more promising prospects Spain has to offer.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ollie is more Iniesta than Xavi...

He isn't getting a lot of minutes but the new guys in general have been getting few. This is how Simeone handles players new players, he did it with Greizmann. The fans last year even boo'd Simeone for subbing out Greizz in one game. He slowly brings them along while they get accustomed to the team.

With a transfer ban looming 25 million although not a bad price considering everything doesn't mean much to Atelti if they can't use it. I think they keep one of the more promising prospects Spain has to offer.

Word is he's already agreed to terms with BVB.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Odisseas Vlachodimos joins Panathinaikos from Stuttgart.
Highly rated young keeper with tons of caps for German youth NTs.
Brought in both brothers this window.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Another window of amazing Arsenal transfers.

- "The new Anthony Martial" "Special Talent" says newspapers, Kylian Mbappe from Monaco via L'Equipe to Arsenal heavily linked.

- Arsenal have asked about the availability of Ãlvaro Morata, because Morata is frustrated he hasn't been given consistent first minutes due to the emergence of Dybala via TalkSport.

- Lacazette being pursued by both Arsenal.....and Newcastle :laugh:. Telegraph reporting Newcastle going to increase their bid for him up to 21 million pounds, while the Arsenal monitoring the situation. Newspapers reporting that Lacazette personally told the public he's leaving Lyon in the summer. Any thoughts Evilo? :sarcasm:

- Arsenal also monitoring the situation of Isco and some Spanish reports are saying he will be had for ONLY 25 million pounds. WOW if that's true.

- Sunderland wants Debuchy on loan for the rest of the season. Another newspaper saying Aston Villa is close to being done for a loan, with a recall back option.

- Oezil's new contract leaked and it says if Mesut is sold back to a club in the Spanish league, Real Madrid would have first options of buying him. So if Barca wanted to come in and buy Oezil, Arsenal are required to let Real Madrid have first dibs on him. Another clause, if Oezil is sold for 50 million Euros, Real Madrid would get a 3rd of that profit.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
-BVB-Torres is now being reported in German press as well. Not done, but there's said to be heavy fire behind the smoke.
-Malli move won't happen in this window, but there appears to be an accord for the summer.
-FC VW looking toward Lacazette as a move for Embolo drags on?
-Schalke secure contract extension with prized 19yo CB Thilo Kehrer, who shined through the winter camp and is expected to start seeing PT in S04's depleted defensive line; still working with Matip on an extension.

Jan 3, 2012
Another window of amazing Arsenal transfers.

- "The new Anthony Martial" "Special Talent" says newspapers, Kylian Mbappe from Monaco via L'Equipe to Arsenal heavily linked.

- Arsenal have asked about the availability of Ãlvaro Morata, because Morata is frustrated he hasn't been given consistent first minutes due to the emergence of Dybala via TalkSport.

- Lacazette being pursued by both Arsenal.....and Newcastle :laugh:. Telegraph reporting Newcastle going to increase their bid for him up to 21 million pounds, while the Arsenal monitoring the situation. Newspapers reporting that Lacazette personally told the public he's leaving Lyon in the summer. Any thoughts Evilo? :sarcasm:

- Arsenal also monitoring the situation of Isco and some Spanish reports are saying he will be had for ONLY 25 million pounds. WOW if that's true.

- Sunderland wants Debuchy on loan for the rest of the season. Another newspaper saying Aston Villa is close to being done for a loan, with a recall back option.

- Oezil's new contract leaked and it says if Mesut is sold back to a club in the Spanish league, Real Madrid would have first options of buying him. So if Barca wanted to come in and buy Oezil, Arsenal are required to let Real Madrid have first dibs on him. Another clause, if Oezil is sold for 50 million Euros, Real Madrid would get a 3rd of that profit.

There's no way.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ramires has apparently agreed personal terms, and Pato has as well.

33m euros... lord

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I like Ramires, but if we're being offered 33 million Euros, we need to take it and RUN.

It's kinda like with David Luiz a few years ago. He was my favourite player (he's on my Chelsea kit), but holy crap you gotta take 50 million Euros for him.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It was 50 million pound lol.

Yeah it was a ridiculous fee for an above average player.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
What do Arsenal even do with Isco though? He's not starting ahead of Ozil/Ramsay/Sanchez. I suppose you can put him on the right, but Campbell's been a revelation there and his motor tracking back is important.

I guess he can also replace Per Mertesacker. :laugh:

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
BBC Sport: CSKA Moscow have rejected a £15.8 million bid for Ahmed Musa from Leicester City as they hold out for £19 million

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's kinda like with David Luiz a few years ago. He was my favourite player (he's on my Chelsea kit), but holy crap you gotta take 50 million Euros for him.

It was 50 million pound lol.

Yeah it was a ridiculous fee for an above average player.

No it was 50M€. Since then PSG can only be happy with the money spent, Luiz has been spectacular at times and steady in almost every game. He's rock solid.

In the mean time Chelsea's D is.... lol.

Sometimes, targeting money is not the best way to get better.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
No it was 50M€. Since then PSG can only be happy with the money spent, Luiz has been spectacular at times and steady in almost every game. He's rock solid.

In the mean time Chelsea's D is.... lol.

Sometimes, targeting money is not the best way to get better.
I've never heard it was euros, not pounds. He may be rock solid now, but he didn't look like a 50M player at Chelsea. It was pretty much universally seen as a great deal when it happened. And that money was put towards new players so yes, targeting money can be the best way to get better.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well it didn't :D
Of the two teams, only PSG got better over the last two years.

In other news, Lamine Koné will leave Lorient for Sunderland. Rose will join Lorient from Lyon.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I've never heard it was euros, not pounds. He may be rock solid now, but he didn't look like a 50M player at Chelsea. It was pretty much universally seen as a great deal when it happened. And that money was put towards new players so yes, targeting money can be the best way to get better.

Chelsea went out and spent 47 million on Filipe Luis and Pedro. So, things didn't turn out that great in hindsight.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Luiz was absolutely 50 million euros and not pounds. Regardless it was a lot of money, but thus far Luiz has been a good buy and quality CBs are tough to find on top of the fact that many of them are concentrated in a small group of clubs many of whom don't need to sell.

In transfer news Nolito will not be coming to Barça. I could see him being of use in the short term, but even in the short term I see him as a luxury signing. Longer term I'd like to see Deulofeu get a shot which he really has never had.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Chelsea went out and spent 47 million on Filipe Luis and Pedro. So, things didn't turn out that great in hindsight.

No, they spent it on Diego Costa and Felipe Luis and won a title. Stop trying to rewrite history, you have a terrible habit of it.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
No, they spent it on Diego Costa and Felipe Luis and won a title. Stop trying to rewrite history, you have a terrible habit of it.

What's wrong with a little perspective on how Chelsea spent that David Luiz money that everybody thought was crazy? So what if it's a window apart? Them spending nearly 30 million on Pedro is crazier than 75 million on Luiz.

People ragged on the guy hard despite him being a great player. Similar to how Fellaini gets trashed. It's kind of annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->