Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I also read that the work permit is almost a given because of the transfer cost (over 30m).

http://www.danielgeey.com/the-foreigner-debate-the-fas-new-work-permit-regulations-explained/

The appeals process is a points based system under which the panel will award points depending on the circumstances of the transfer. If a player scores four points or more, the panel may recommend that the application is granted. Nonetheless, the panel can still reject the application even if four or more points are scored.

He wouldn't qualify on the basis of NT appearances which is what allows an automatic permit, but he should almost certainly qualify under the point system.

The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is in the top 25% of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows - 3 points (most likely)

The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club is in the top 25% of the top 30 earners at the club - 3 points (most likely)

The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of the Champions League, Europa League or the Copa Libertadores within the last 12 months and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes - 1 point

So I mean, he'll have 7 points of a needed 4 (though I think the cap is 6?). He should qualify quite easily, though in theory they could reject it just because they feel like it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LOL at Ramires to China. I should never give a **** about "player signs contract extension" breaking news anymore.

I am glad you have learned.

And this is how Chelsea gets the money to sign Teixeira under FFP

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Burak Yilmaz joins West Ham for €6 million from Galatasaray. Don't know much about him and he's the wrong side of 30, but I love that ownership isn't just sitting on their hands and looking to improve.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I've obviously heard about him being a great talent, but his recent stats aren't that stellar. So what's the deal with him?

Simeone doesn't play him much and sometimes even leaves him off the bench entirely. Oliver doesn't seem to be an ideal fit for Atletico's style of play, but he would be amazing in Tuchel's team. He's not a player whose greatness would be reflected in stats necessarily. He won't directly assist many goals, and he certainly won't score many himself. He's incredibly shifty in tight spaces to escape pressure. He positions himself well in buildup. He can make extremely accurate Verlagerungen and he has a very good short passing technique and timing. He's often compared to Xavi, and style-wise that's IMO not far off. At Atletico, he hasn't really had the chance to play very centrally, and their pace in attacking and general offensive buildup just isn't really suited for his talent. He's not as well-rounded as Koke or Saul, but if he finds a context where he can thrive, he has a higher potential than either of them. They have a lot of really good midfielders and wide players now who just seem to fit them better. He would be perfect as a central midfielder in Dortmund's positional play though.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Simeone doesn't play him much and sometimes even leaves him off the bench entirely. Oliver doesn't seem to be an ideal fit for Atletico's style of play, but he would be amazing in Tuchel's team. He's not a player whose greatness would be reflected in stats necessarily. He won't directly assist many goals, and he certainly won't score many himself. He's incredibly shifty in tight spaces to escape pressure. He positions himself well in buildup. He can make extremely accurate Verlagerungen and he has a very good short passing technique and timing. He's often compared to Xavi, and style-wise that's IMO not far off. At Atletico, he hasn't really had the chance to play very centrally, and their pace in attacking and general offensive buildup just isn't really suited for his talent. He's not as well-rounded as Koke or Saul, but if he finds a context where he can thrive, he has a higher potential than either of them. They have a lot of really good midfielders and wide players now who just seem to fit them better. He would be perfect as a central midfielder in Dortmund's positional play though.

Thank you, sounds promising. Let's see, but usually di Marzio is pretty reliable.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Burak Yilmaz joins West Ham for €6 million from Galatasaray. Don't know much about him and he's the wrong side of 30, but I love that ownership isn't just sitting on their hands and looking to improve.

Yilmaz is the Turkish NT striker IIRC

Westham was interested in Slimani but Sporting may be asking too much for him

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Sidwell leaving Stoke to go to Brighton.

Norwich and Newcastle want Diof.

Still no real signings for Stoke this window who need to shore a few things up if they want to push for Europa.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Andros Townsend looks to be heading to Newcastle

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/25/newcastle-andros-townsend-tottenham-agree-fee

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy had originally demanded that they pay £14m to secure the 24-year-old and rejected Newcastle’s opening offer of £10m earlier this month.

But with Mauricio Pochettino keen to free up space in his squad, the Tottenham manager has personally intervened to request that the club accepts a lower bid – understood to be somewhere in the middle of the two clubs’ valuations. Levy is believed to have sanctioned the move in principal and now Townsend will discuss personal terms with Newcastle but is expected to sign for the club in the next 48 hours.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/news-ca...rdo-con-oliver-dellatletico-ce-anche-la-roma/

Di Marzio says Dortmund is about to sign Oliver.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. 25M buyout clause and nothing Atletico can do about it. I would be so incredibly happy if this happened. :hyper:

I find Oliver to be overrated by some people but this would be a fantastic signing for BVB and for him. He would fit like a glove and develop much better than in Atletico Madrid.
I would compare him to Thiago or Iniesta. (Though he's a long way to reach the level of any of those two)

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Fee for Ramires if personal terms agreed is reportedly at 33m euros.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
12 million for Townsend and 25 million for Ramires. Hard to judge which is worse. Ramires has to take that prize though, a complete non-entity of a footballer.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
It looks like Oliver's agent has some sort of connection to di Marzio:

Maybe his agent is trying to put pressure on Atletico somehow. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad