Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Why would they go for the inferior player? Because he speaks spanish?

And no, they can't get any player they want or they'd have Verratti and Marquinhos already.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Apparently Vedran Corluka was on Bayern's radar for a 6-month loan but Vedran turned it down because of the upcoming Euros and he wants to play regularly. Bayern stayed in Russia and got Tasci instead

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yeah, I'd be surprised if Alves didn't roll on over to China this summer. Offer for Turan is hilarious and ridiculous, considering he's been there literally a month

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why would they go for the inferior player? Because he speaks spanish?

And no, they can't get any player they want or they'd have Verratti and Marquinhos already.

To have a kid who's going to start for their domestic National Team for a long time, if he stays healthy? Especially one who's been raised in their style of football? Not the best reasons to opt for the lesser player, but marketting/prestige and fit are genuine considerations that effect teams' decisions.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think Barca sees Bellerin as a marketable piece really. No more or less than Aurier.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Italian sources claim a chinese team has proposed a 100M€ salary over 5 years to Arda Turan. :amazed:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I just don't understand it... why Arda Turan?

Cause he's one of the best players who's still in his prime and might bite would be my guess.

I don't think Barca sees Bellerin as a marketable piece really. No more or less than Aurier.

You may well be right. I was just listing the reasons why a team may prefer to bring in the inferior player. Although I think the marketing aspect would be the least important reason to Barca. How smooth of a fit he would be systemically & culturally, as well as the prestige of continuing their dominance of the spanish NT would probably factor into their thinking much more than marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad