Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Vidal is being linked with a move away from Bayern. Juventus have been linked but a Chilean newspaper is saying Atleti are interested.

Is there any truth to the rumours that United offered over 100 million for neymar?

Who knows? However Neymar's father said in court that they did and it was for 190 million.

Speaking of Neymar, apparently Perez wants to bring him to Madrid ala Figo. Also Perez has apparently tried to lure Messi in the past. If Perez wanted Neymar he shouldn't have ****ed up the transfer the first time.

Caramel

Feb 12, 2009
Liga MX I think has higher attendance than China, I know China was slightly higher than MLS'. Of course the stadiums are bigger but they are still drawing good crowds and will probably only increase

It's not attendance, it's the sheer number of viewers. More than 30% of the 1.5 billion people who live in China watch football, that figure alone is more than the population of the United States and Mexico combined.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
PSG would be a good fit for Neymar if he wanted to leave

Great fit actually

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Also, I want to believe that the 75M euro bid for Oscar and 90m euro bid for Hulk, both of which came from the chinese league are false, but then again, i also thought that the Teixeira and Martinez bids were ******** as well.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I suppose you think that's the fate of the MLS too? To draw fans to European leagues? The Chinese league has a long way to go, and the investment in the game could wane, but it sounds like it has a lot of promise on its own.

In some ways, yes, it has drawn fans to the European leagues. Viewership of the EPL is up across the board, and it's not a coincidence that it has happened in the same time that the MLS has been around. I realize some of that is in having it actually on tv and seeing the World Cup promoted.

But the MLS and other local leagues in countries without a tradition provides some avenue to bring more viewership to better levels.

I go to some DC United matches, I will watch them on occasion when they're on, but if anything it just reminds me that I enjoy better quality football.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Apparently China is prepared to pay something like 91 million euros for Hulk :amazed: Also Chelsea apparently turned down a similar type offer for Oscar

How accurate this all is, who knows, but they were right on most of the rumors so far

Doesn't necessarily mean Oscar would leave if Chelsea had accepted the bid. They might revisit it in the summer, but no way does Chelsea sell a starting 11 player. Now if it's during the summer and they rejected such a ridiculous amount, I'd be a little concerned. They could quite easily find a replacement for that amount.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Is there any truth to the rumours that United offered over 100 million for neymar?

It's possible, but the timing is very odd. He's due a new contract. Who's his agent? Woodward thinks nuzzling up to Mendes and other agents by leaking United interest to get their clients raises will come good for him in the future. HE's an absolute muppet.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Interestingly enough, I've just read that the Prem match with the highest viewership numbers ever was Everton-City which saw each side play a Chinese player. (Lie Tie & Sun Jihai)

Sky reporting that Teixeira is on 185,000 pounds a week.
Mundo Deportivo claims Zenit rejected a 70 million pound offer for Hulk.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
This massive spend by China is fun now, but it won't last.

Their economy is in shambles. And the Chinese govt shows absolutely no sign of having a clue how to stop the bleeding.

Not to derail this thread too much, but the company that bought the rights to the Chinese Super League is a subsidiary of the state. And the price was based on these massive spending plans in the sporting industry, namely soccer, by the govt - because right now, sport doesn't generate revenue at all. Well, I'm not sure how that's going to work now with the economy. They can't print money (though they honestly might try).

It's a shell game. So I would sell any player now. You'll probably get them back in a couple years at 1/5 the price.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
It's also important to note that the Chinese Super League window doesn't close until February 26th. Plenty of action to come I'd imagine.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Oscar's agent confirmed a large bid from China

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Just from the clubs point of view they should have accepted even without being able to buy a replacement. Not like they don't have cover or he is too important of a player to sell. With the money you could buy two big money players. Just good business like David Luiz was.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Add a couple more players to China: Gael Kakuta (well travelled former Chelsea youth player), Aboubakar Oumarou (Cameroonian international, good scoring record in Serbia)

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
This massive spend by China is fun now, but it won't last.

Their economy is in shambles. And the Chinese govt shows absolutely no sign of having a clue how to stop the bleeding.

Not to derail this thread too much, but the company that bought the rights to the Chinese Super League is a subsidiary of the state. And the price was based on these massive spending plans in the sporting industry, namely soccer, by the govt - because right now, sport doesn't generate revenue at all. Well, I'm not sure how that's going to work now with the economy. They can't print money (though they honestly might try).

It's a shell game. So I would sell any player now. You'll probably get them back in a couple years at 1/5 the price.

Chinese government owns at least 1.2 trillion $ of US foreign debt (that amount is more than for example what US households owe combined), so it's not that they'll run out of money any time soon, if sports is what they want to invest into.

They've already bought huge amounts of precious minerals, gold, land in Africa, foreign companies, so investing in the most popular sports probably isn't a bad idea at least in theory, if they want to raise their global profile amongst foreign consumers.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG apparently received a 15M€ offer from China for Lavezzi's last 6 months.
Deal done according to L'Equipe !

Final price apparently will be lower but he will "earn" 10M a year.

EDIT : Le Parisien still reports a 15M€ fee while L'Equipe says half of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad