Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Jelavic moves to China.
Second division China.

The fee was much lower than first reported though which will disappoint Hajduk who get something like 3% of the cut :D The first reports were 9m pounds now its officially at 2m

Badelj's agent says the player wants to leave Fiorentina in the summer, destination is likely upper level La Liga club (obviously not the top 3). EPL is possible but I don't think he's a fit for that league, slow and not tough enough to play as a CM

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Not sure if this was mentioned previously but, according to Sport, Ilkay Gundogan told Barca he will be joining Man City in the summer.

Sport has always been wrong about BVB affairs in the past. Said Klopp was going to Madrid, Reus and Gündogan to Barca. I don't think they have a source but City is a plausible destination for him unfortunately.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

Love BVB's twitter. Wish more big clubs shot down rumours every now and then

Sport has always been wrong about BVB affairs in the past. Said Klopp was going to Madrid, Reus and Gündogan to Barca. I don't think they have a source but City is a plausible destination for him unfortunately.

Yup, seems like a good fit for Pep's future City team. He's been linked to Barca as well but they're loaded with midfielders right now, and are pretty cash strapped, atleast after they acquire a quality CB and maybe a RB + forward in the summer.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
How are Hadjuk getting a cut of any Jelavic transfer? He played for them seven clubs ago.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Translation : we're not sure we will find a viable replacement

Not really.
I think he's torn between "get the **** out of here" and "well I've made blunders too (of different kind), let's give him another chance".
Problem is the image. Blanc and El-Khelaifi don't want to look weak.

As for replacing Aurier, you can't. He's IMO the best RB in the planet, at the very least second behind an old Alves. They obviously stand a much better chance to win the CL with Aurier than with any other RB in the world.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
With the season Alves is having, which has been up and down, I wouldn't imagine him to be the best RB on the planet. Last season definitely. That said I feel as though the position is lacking of late. Still Aurier is definitely one of the best and IMO he looks the best RB for the future at the moment.

An Aurier/Vidal combination would be great for years were Barça to get him. I just don't see him leaving PSG though, especially if Blanc is serious.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I feel it's 50/50. PSG's president is obsessed with PSG's image and he hates players making waves.
L'Equipe reports Aurier is as good as gone, but I'm not sure. Blanc doesn't like VdW defensively much (no kidding) and Marquinhos offensively (clearly a step below Aurier in that department).
Blanc himself was caught in a big PR nightmare a few years ago with his talk about black players in youth categories. While not comparable with insulting teammates and coach, he still does know that sometimes media can be a nightmare when you're caught off-guards.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Enrique still insists on bringing in Nolito so that should be a done deal in the summer window. Price was originally set at about 18M, but it could move down a bit less than that (according to Sport).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad