Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Bojan extended until 2020 with Stoke. Since some bigger clubs were sniffing around him I'm willing to bet this deal will have a release clause built in so they have a good reason to refuse if they don't get the money they want.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Stan Collymore is convinced Mahrez will end up @Arsenal next season.
I've read he has a pretty decent track record on transfers

Would be a terrible move for Mahrez. Does not come close to their starting XI. He should go somewhere he will play. Like Liverpool.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
lol what?

He's been the best player in the PL, how's he not coming close to their starting XI?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Think Bayern would be a good place for him. Robben and Ribery are old and injured thought Cost this year has been good.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Think Bayern would be a good place for him. Robben and Ribery are old and injured thought Cost this year has been good.

Not sure if Bayern would want to pay what Leicester City or Mahrez and his agent would want in terms of transfer fee and salary.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not Sanchez, but he'd kick Walcott/Campbell/Oxlade's ass right to the curb

Ramsey is going back on the right as soon as injuries are healed. That being said Arsenal is so injury prone he probably gets some playing time, but Wenger isn't dropping Sanchez or Ramsey for Mahrez

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ramsey is going back on the right as soon as injuries are healed. That being said Arsenal is so injury prone he probably gets some playing time, but Wenger isn't dropping Sanchez or Ramsey for Mahrez

Because Sanchez and Ramsey are so much better than Mahrez?

The reality is that if Mahrez were available to Arsenal he would start over any of their players right now bar maybe Ozil, and only because Ozil is a different type of player. That said he's not exactly a need so might be a bit too expensive for them. Still, Sanchez - Ozil - Mahrez would just be ridiculous.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Sanchez would still start over Mahrez. Mahrez would be the starting RW.

Giroud
Sanchez - Özil - Mahrez
Cazorla - Coquelin
Monreal - Gabriel - Koscielny - Bellerin
Cech​

With Ramsey/Welbeck/Walcott/Campbell/Mertesacker/Chambers/Wilshere/El Neny/Gibbs battling for bench spots

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sanchez would still start over Mahrez. Mahrez would be the starting RW.

Giroud
Sanchez - Özil - Mahrez
Cazorla - Coquelin
Monreal - Gabriel - Koscielny - Bellerin
Cech​

With Ramsey/Welbeck/Walcott/Campbell/Mertesacker/Chambers/Wilshere/El Neny/Gibbs battling for bench spots

Still need another center-back and maybe a top striker, but thats a really good team, possibly a team that could contend in the UCL.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
If a top striker is going to arsenal giroud is leaving. Probably China will come calling for giroud :D

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A few blurbs based off of some random rumors:

-PSG apparently willing to pay Neymar's buyout AND offer him 40 million per season. Plenty of rumors surrounding Neymar, but doubt he goes. His contract is going to be renewed, so hence the rumors.

-Blanc apparently said something along the lines of "it can't last forever" as regards Marquinhos' situation at PSG.

-Rumors of a possible exit for Rodriguez from Madrid this Summer. If that were to happen I'd think PSG or Bayern.

-Chelsea interested in Matuidi and would pay 39 million pounds. Can't see PSG selling generally. Still while in addition to that they don't need the money, I could see that happening for that sum and then see them going after Pogba for sure.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A few blurbs based off of some random rumors:

-PSG apparently willing to pay Neymar's buyout AND offer him 40 million per season. Plenty of rumors surrounding Neymar, but doubt he goes. His contract is going to be renewed, so hence the rumors.

I'd say that Neymar's agent trying to get a new contract. I doubt it's true.

-Blanc apparently said something along the lines of "it can't last forever" as regards Marquinhos' situation at PSG.
He did, today. Coupled with yet another Barca offer.
And he's right, Marquinhos won't be a sub for all his life. He could very well be a top 5 defenseman AS OF NOW and yet he doesn't start.
Blanc also said a decision would have to be made this summer. No idea if the decision is selling Silva/Luiz or Marquinhos. But PSG should have a new triplet of CB next year.

-Rumors of a possible exit for Rodriguez from Madrid this Summer. If that were to happen I'd think PSG or Bayern.
If he were, yes surely.

-Chelsea interested in Matuidi and would pay 39 million pounds. Can't see PSG selling generally. Still while in addition to that they don't need the money, I could see that happening for that sum and then see them going after Pogba for sure.
Don't see Matuidi agreeing. He's a PSG heart and soul player, big leader and Ibra buddy. Everyone loves him. He's also excellent. I think he'd rather be a bench player with PSG than a starter in Chelsea, especially with them outside the CL.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
I know Mahrez has been beyond fantastic this season but I can't help but think that he's going to come back down to earth next season and whoever splashes the money on him is going to regret it.

Like Benteke at Liverpool. Was in a system that fit him to a T at Villa and then when he was dropped into a different one he started to struggle.

I don't think Mahrez would be given as much freedom to create his own plays at Arsenal as most of the play starts with either Sanchez or Ozil. Adding a 3rd player to that would probably complicate it.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
It's not just this season.

He was great during the 2nd half of last season as well.

If he moves to a bigger club, he needs to be in a system where he has as much freedom as he does now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad