Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
don't question that Mahrez is probably better...but Vardy is an out and out striker...Mahrez is another attacking mid that Tottenham is loaded with...would be nice to see

Kane - - - - Vardy
Son - - - - - Eriksen
----Dembale-----

as a line up...

As good as Vardy has been at Leicester, I don't know if he would automatically fit into Poch's preferred 11. Especially since the 4-2-3-1 calls for only 1 out and out striker. Dier has been fantastic and Alli is improving with each game. And they're still waiting for Bentaleb, Son and Chadli to return from injury. Lots of good players at Spurs right now.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Having said that, a second striker is definitely needed. So as long as he's willing to accept a reduced role I would spend the money on him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Son can play striker, and why would you take Lamela off now? He's really coming into his own. Spurs have no need for Mahrez or Vardy tbh, except for depth. Mahrez would be much better served going somewhere like Chelsea, Liverpool or United where they need wide players of his talent level...especially out on the right.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I want Levy to leave everything alone this winter, I think Spurs can score enough given how strong Lloris and the back 4 have been.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I want Levy to leave everything alone this winter, I think Spurs can score enough given how strong Lloris and the back 4 have been.

I still think another striker would be ideal. I know Son and Chadli and Clinton can all play the role, but another true striker would help. Ship off Townsend and bring someone in.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Having said that, a second striker is definitely needed. So as long as he's willing to accept a reduced role I would spend the money on him.

agreed

Son can play striker, and why would you take Lamela off now? He's really coming into his own. Spurs have no need for Mahrez or Vardy tbh, except for depth. Mahrez would be much better served going somewhere like Chelsea, Liverpool or United where they need wide players of his talent level...especially out on the right.

Lamela has been better subbing in IMO, but yes, he has been better, I still expect him to leave in the winter window though...there was too much smoke, perhaps his price has been driven up a bit even

we need another striker at least...have a good team with some depth that maybe we actually compete for the Europa league while competing for a top 4 spot in the league also. And like I said to the last quote, I still see Lamela leaving and us needing to back fill there...

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I'd be shocked if Lamela left. Seems to have really found a role for himself and is playing very well.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If Coco leaves, then I would agree that Levy would need to bring in an offensive threat.

But he's playing better than he ever has for Spurs, and I think he's pretty popular with his teammates. Winning and playing time can heal some wounds.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
If Coco leaves, then I would agree that Levy would need to bring in an offensive threat.

But he's playing better than he ever has for Spurs, and I think he's pretty popular with his teammates. Winning and playing time can heal some wounds.

very true...if so, then GREAT! I just kinda struck it up to playing for that next contract...

I'm happy to be wrong here....

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
very true...if so, then GREAT! I just kinda struck it up to playing for that next contract...

I'm happy to be wrong here....

Could be contract related. I'm hoping it's more about adapting to English football. Fewer rabonas, more effort insulating Walker.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Vardy would be a bad buy.

He's on a hot streak, but there's been loads of strikers over the last 10-15 years that went on a hot streak, were bought by bigger clubs, and never could perform for them. He's spent years and years in the lower leagues and never scored goals like this before.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Just read that Klopp has a role for Gerrard at Liverpool as a coach mostly centered around his professionalism and ability to motivate the players, and may try to buy him back from the Galaxy this winter even as a player. I'd find that excellent.

CS68jAwXIAAldTT.jpg

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just read that Klopp has a role for Gerrard at Liverpool as a coach mostly centered around his professionalism and ability to motivate the players, and may try to buy him back from the Galaxy this winter even as a player. I'd find that excellent.

CS68jAwXIAAldTT.jpg

If he comes back I hope to god it's not as a player. There is no way he has the legs to gegenpress.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

CS68jAwXIAAldTT.jpg

wow that would be mental. never thought of that as a possibility. coach seems more likely

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If he comes back as a player, he'd be fine playing from the bench as a motivator. Also, Klopp would never play him as a DM, which was the main problem to begin with.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If he comes back as a player, he'd be fine playing from the bench as a motivator. Also, Klopp would never play him as a DM, which was the main problem to begin with.

The point of Gegenpressing is that EVERYONE needs to do it or it falls apart. It's like the Spartan Phalanx. I think it would be a bad move. If he isn't playing DM (rightfully) then he is just another #10 on a team that has them coming out of their ears. But all their other 10s can Gegenpress.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Gerrard has no place at Liverpool as a player, but as a coach or in some way involved in the team that would be amazing. I still think he finishes out his playing career in the MLS before coming back, but he will be back at some point no matter who is in charge.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com

CS68jAwXIAAldTT.jpg

That is what's wrong with Liverpool and Steven Gerrard. Move on already.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Maybe all of the Arsenal supporters who kept talking about Benzema to the Emirates knew something the rest of us didn't.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nobody's commented on it yet, so I will...

At the end of the Real/PSG game, Ronaldo went to Laurent Blanc and whispered a long sentence to him. Nobody else could hear and lots of speculations has been going on. Blanc just said it was something extremely "complimental".
The rumor now is that Ronaldo told him his team was playing great football and that he'd love to play for him.

Here's the article (in french) and video :
http://www.leparisien.fr/psg-foot-p...p-travailler-avec-vous-06-11-2015-5252427.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad