Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i don't remember ever reading that Spurs have first right to re-sign/match any offer on Bale until this morning...

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Djilobodji joins Werder Bremen on loan until the end of the season.
Victor Valdes rumored to be headed to Standard Liege.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Gladbach seem willing to sell him for an insane amount in the summer. If Wenger finally grows the balls to spend 40M+ on a 6, then Arsenal seem like they'd have a real chance to get him...should the FCBs not swoop in first.
Don't think Xhaka has the quality to play for the FCBs, but I thought the same for Vidal.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Chelsea's Papy Djilobodji joins Werder Bremen on loan for the rest of the season

eichindjilobodjihandshake630.jpg

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Tony Barrett Verified account
‏@TonyBarretTimes
Liverpool have made a €32m offer for Alex Teixeira but Shakhtar Donetsk are seeking closer to €50m for the attacker.

Can he play wing?

We should just keep bidding until we get him. He's very good and in the event Coutinho wanted to leave in the summer he would replace him. Excellent player, can play any attacking position. Possibly the best playing outside of any big league.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Don't think Xhaka has the quality to play for the FCBs, but I thought the same for Vidal.

I completely agree with you. Xhaka has a great passing game but he's missing a number of other qualities that would make him a world class player.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sounds like Ayre flew to Florida to meet with Shakhtar chiefs at their training camp with the intention of signing Alex Teixeira. Interesting. Doesn't usually do that unless he has a green light to make a deal.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Isn't Bale about to get an extension?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...d-record-to-keep-Cristiano-Ronaldo-happy.html

The leaking of documents revealing the financial details of Gareth Bale's world record transfer to Real Madrid has sparked fury with the player's representatives - and panic at the club.

Real have always claimed the Bale deal was worth €91.59 million, with Ronaldo's fee eclipsing that at €96 million, but the leaked documents have reported that Bale’s fee amounted to €100,759,418 after they opted to pay Spurs in instalments rather than up front.

AS also claim that the document detailing the deal, which runs to six pages, specified that Real would issue a press release stating that the price of the deal was €91.59million. It also stipulates that Spurs could not reveal any financial details surrounding the transfer to the media.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sounds like Ayre flew to Florida to meet with Shakhtar chiefs at their training camp with the intention of signing Alex Teixeira. Interesting. Doesn't usually do that unless he has a green light to make a deal.

Yep...the only time I think he didn't come away with the signing after flying in was Konoplyanka, and that had nothing to do with the negotiation process and everything to do with the president just simply refusing to sign off on the deal (which I'm still surprised there was no legal recourse, we sure could use Kono now and I imagine it would have prevented the Lallana signing).

I don't want to get too optimistic because I haven't seen much of Teixeira but based on the footage/games I've seen and his stats:

- he seems very composed and clinical...a natural goal scorer
- he seemsvery smart with the ball and reading the game; his passing % in the CL where his team was up against RM and PSG was over 90%...as a forward that's extremely impressive
- he's really fast, two-footed and can play anywhere across the front

I'm cautiously optimistic that this signing will get done, and then if it does I hope he adjusts as quickly as Costa did. Watching his goals you can see he's always getting himself into good scoring positions even when he's not the prime player in the chance and he is very cool in the box which is something we're lacking right now. The only natural goal scorer we have in the team is Benteke and he doesn't seem to get on well with us (unless you want to count Sturridge I guess).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
As a player there should be no doubt at all. I watched them Costa and Teixeira play numerous times together in the CL and they looked equally talented. Teixeira is extremely clinical in front of goal and I'd be shocked if he didn't adjust to playing in a different league. He'd be our best player and wouldn't look out of place in any team.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I will say I don't think I'll believe they get it done until he's on Anfield holding a scarf, but there's a chance.

He's the goods. But other clubs with more to offer may come over the top.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As a player or about the deal going through?

Both.

This is the kind of signing that I've seen blow up in Liverpool fave before.

I don't like signing players and not playing them in their best position in general.

I think the Ukrainians are using Liverpool to get more money from Chelsea and I don't like the fit in Liverpool's attack. Not that I think he is a bad player, quite the opposite actually, but I don't think it's a natural transition and he plays the same position as Coutinho and Firmino so it's a weird one for me.

This reeks of this player is a good value so let's get him and figure out where he fits later. Also if the price goes up and he isn't seen as a good value anymore Liverpool will come up empty handed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad