Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Well Ashley spent in 2013 and he's going to need to do it again in 2016. It will be interesting to see how quickly they make their moves.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Klopp wants GK. LB. and a "Playmaker". No one really knows what position said Playmaker will be in though.

Ruben Neves' name keeps coming up too.

I guess anything is possible.

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
Good luck getting a british player to play outside of england. There are maybe 3 brits actually relevant to their national teams currently playing abroad, and I think one of them was born in Spain. But I can definitely see why big clubs would be interested in Alli.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Klopp wants GK. LB. and a "Playmaker". No one really knows what position said Playmaker will be in though.

Hopefully an 8, as stated before because they have too many 10's right now

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Good luck getting a british player to play outside of england. There are maybe 3 brits actually relevant to their national teams currently playing abroad, and I think one of them was born in Spain. But I can definitely see why big clubs would be interested in Alli.

Good point, I can only think of Gerrard, Cole, Morrison, and Lampard but maybe my brain is fried.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country

If the 'playmaker' isn't a CM I'd be surprised. All our CMs have the same weakness. They don't offer enough going forward. Hendo, Milner and Can are all B2B guys which lack passing range. Lucas is a DM and Allen is possession recycler. None offer enough going forward. It's been an issue with Rodgers this year, and imo still persists with Klopp.

That's why we're struggling to get things going on that end (also fitness).

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
PSG also on Tielemans and Alli.

At this point, his best move would be a top 4 team in Germany, one of the better teams in Portugal or Spain. Italy might be an option depending on the team. He won't get regular playing time with PSG or a top PL team.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think they'd like him to replace Rabiot as the last CM option. Maybe as Motta's heir too.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I think they'd like him to replace Rabiot as the last CM option. Maybe as Motta's heir too.

Tielemans doesn't play in Motta's position. If anything it is one of Verratti or Matuidi he'd be looking to replace. I don't see Matuidi leaving and another top club might try to get Verratti. You would be losing some defensive ability, but I think Tielemans has better offensive attributes. Matuidi would have to play a more defensive approach/position.

If he's going to replace Rabiot as the CM option, then I don't want him anywhere near Paris.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
PSG apparently after James or Hazard if they can't get Ronaldo.
No idea if it's true but there's a good chance they spend a lot of cash once Zlatan (and Lavezzi and Maxwell) is gone.

Moving this to the appropriate thread, I can't see Madrid selling Rodriguez to PSG. Ronaldo sure, but then I can't understand why PSG would go after him. Hopefully they don't buy Ronaldo because if they do they'll probably overpay by quite a bit.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tielemans doesn't play in Motta's position. If anything it is one of Verratti or Matuidi he'd be looking to replace. I don't see Matuidi leaving and another top club might try to get Verratti. You would be losing some defensive ability, but I think Tielemans has better offensive attributes. Matuidi would have to play a more defensive approach/position.

If he's going to replace Rabiot as the CM option, then I don't want him anywhere near Paris.
I was talking in terms of numbers in midfield. Matuidi can always play more defensive. So can Verratti.
Totally understand in the Rabiot case.

Moving this to the appropriate thread, I can't see Madrid selling Rodriguez to PSG. Ronaldo sure, but then I can't understand why PSG would go after him. Hopefully they don't buy Ronaldo because if they do they'll probably overpay by quite a bit.

I know why they want, and I disagree with them.
PSG board wants to invest in a player that will attract sponsors, media attention, "respectability".
I think that's a major mistake right now. They'll indeed overpay for him.
I think PSG would be wiser to invest in a couple of young players than a 30+ year old Ronaldo.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I was talking in terms of numbers in midfield. Matuidi can always play more defensive. So can Verratti.
Totally understand in the Rabiot case.

I guess I misunderstood the part about "Motta's heir", but he could definitely fit in a trio of Verratti and Matuidi. He has a better shooting and even passing ability (on par with Verratti probably) and his vision is incredible.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Can't see Alli going anywhere. He's already a massive player for Spurs. Would take a lot of money. Of course PSG has it so we will see.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I know why they want, and I disagree with them.
PSG board wants to invest in a player that will attract sponsors, media attention, "respectability".
I think that's a major mistake right now. They'll indeed overpay for him.
I think PSG would be wiser to invest in a couple of young players than a 30+ year old Ronaldo.

Yeah, I figured that was why. It's funny because on their site right now they don't even have Verratti on the main page. They've got pictures of the bigger names.

If I were PSG I'd go after Pogba and then monitor Hazard. A striker would also be a target, maybe Lacazette for now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's over for Pogba really. He's going to Barca, and I think PSG has understood it.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
hope Spurs can bring in the DM they couldn't in the summer...and maybe 1 more striker to play in backup to Kane/start Europa games and be done...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wouldn't mind seeing Liverpool grab Neves or Tielemans. However, I think it would be more appropriate to look at a team that isn't in the CL/EL so they don't end up with a player that is cup tied this winter and then they can go for one of those two and more in the summer. I think that Klopp will take the EL seriously enough for that to matter (although obviously there are still league games so it's not going to be a make or break issue).

Yunus Malli is interesting but he's another player that looks to be more of a 10. I still like Dennis Praet but haven't heard much about him lately. He was fantastic in the CL last year -- especially against Arsenal.

One other kind of outside of the box name would be Lewis Holtby. He's been moved deeper into midfield at Hamburg and is actually playing quite well there. Not sure if it's worth taking a chance on him or not but he is not that old, and pretty talented.

Can Boufal play in midfield? That's another interesting option. Again though I would just rather see Coutinho moved back into midfield where he belongs and have Liverpool buy some real wide players since they have an overabundance of central attacking midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad