Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not saying there's a lot to this, but read midweek that Isco isn't happy in Madrid. I've wondered about this in the past, not necessarily regarding Isco specifically though, considering the talent in the squad and the number of positions on the pitch. Also saw a blurb after the match this weekend about being fine playing anywhere so long as he was on the pitch. His contract is up in 2018 so if he doesn't renew before next Summer then that would be the time for Madrid to sell.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not saying there's a lot to this, but read midweek that Isco isn't happy in Madrid. I've wondered about this in the past, not necessarily regarding Isco specifically though, considering the talent in the squad and the number of positions on the pitch. Also saw a blurb after the match this weekend about being fine playing anywhere so long as he was on the pitch. His contract is up in 2018 so if he doesn't renew before next Summer then that would be the time for Madrid to sell.

If only Tuchel had the clout and Dortmund the prestige/cash to bring him in to either replace Ilkay or play with him in place of Shinji.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OK.
Just because they signed Di Maria? A year after he left Madrid? Seriously?
Liverpool are PSG's castoff then since they signed Sakho. :shakehead

Any team should try to get Isco. Any team that could afford it would be after Ronaldo or Messi. Obviously.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
OK.
Just because they signed Di Maria? A year after he left Madrid? Seriously?
Liverpool are PSG's castoff then since they signed Sakho. :shakehead

Any team should try to get Isco. Any team that could afford it would be after Ronaldo or Messi. Obviously.
Don't be sensitive, it was a joke.
PSG model seem to rely on getting the better names instead of developing the better players.
Any team in the world would love to get Isco but at Real Madrid he is a squad player.

Cristiano is getting older and Florentino will want to cash in before it's too late.

Benzema is a wild card. I don't think he is moving away but every transfer windows your have rumour about him leaving out.

I know Di Maria is a great player but they could have get some less known/famous player that could do a similar job.

I still think PSG have it very easy in Ligue 1 and anything but a CL win will be considered a failure.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I'm sure Isco is a little frustrated but It's not like he hasn't had plenty of opportunities to prove he can play at this level

I know, I know, mostly because of other players' injuries.

I'm a huge fan of Isco - super talent, great attitude, but he holds onto that ball for too long; this is why James is better, his quick decision making is fantastic.

It's gonna be harder for him to start regularly once the team is 100% healthy

James and Modric are sure starters; Casemiro should be a regular starter as he is the DM we didn't have last season.
Kroos has been disappointing this season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't know how many of the Gunner fans here watched the Poland qualifying for the EUROS, but Krychowiak was the second best player after of course Lewandowski. After seeing him preform that fantastically, it still pains me how Arsenal weren't aggressive enough to go after him (when some of the rumours were heavy). He would absolutely be perfect at the Arsenal and a good upgrade on Coquelin, but we all know that Wenger trusts the team he has now.

I understand that Krychowiak said he was going to stay at Seville over the summer window. But I would hope he's a player Arsenal go back in the winter to get as at least a replacement for Arteta, who we can sell to the far reaches of Europe.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Don't be sensitive, it was a joke.
PSG model seem to rely on getting the better names instead of developing the better players.
Any team in the world would love to get Isco but at Real Madrid he is a squad player.

Cristiano is getting older and Florentino will want to cash in before it's too late.

Benzema is a wild card. I don't think he is moving away but every transfer windows your have rumour about him leaving out.

I know Di Maria is a great player but they could have get some less known/famous player that could do a similar job.

I still think PSG have it very easy in Ligue 1 and anything but a CL win will be considered a failure.

:laugh:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't know how many of the Gunner fans here watched the Poland qualifying for the EUROS, but Krychowiak was the second best player after of course Lewandowski. After seeing him preform that fantastically, it still pains me how Arsenal weren't aggressive enough to go after him (when some of the rumours were heavy). He would absolutely be perfect at the Arsenal and a good upgrade on Coquelin, but we all know that Wenger trusts the team he has now.

I understand that Krychowiak said he was going to stay at Seville over the summer window. But I would hope he's a player Arsenal go back in the winter to get as at least a replacement for Arteta, who we can sell to the far reaches of Europe.

I agree, I still wish Wenger would sign him, but that's mainly because of the Arteta issue. The team is screwed without Coquelin, who has been on the verge of emerging into a world class player. Right now at his form, I believe he is the best DM in the EPL. Although I wonder if part of the reason he's doing so well is because of Santi's brilliance in transitional play.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If only Tuchel had the clout and Dortmund the prestige/cash to bring him in to either replace Ilkay or play with him in place of Shinji.

I assume Isco is too established/well-paid for Dortmund to have a significant shot at him. No reason to look for a Shinji replacement, either. Dani Ceballos is #1 on my list of Gündogan replacements, but Dortmund unfortunately just doesn't pursue players from la Liga. I'm not sure if that will change with the influence Tuchel, who has thoroughly Guardiolized the team, but it seems far more likely that Dortmund will look elsewhere for transfer targets.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Interestingly enough Liverpool have been linked with Ceballos before. Obviously that was before Klopp came in, but if you see him as the perfect Gundogan replacement/protege then I wonder if the committee will still suggest him.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
still early, but wonder what Spurs will do...team is starting to round into good form...but need some Europa league depth

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Interestingly enough Liverpool have been linked with Ceballos before. Obviously that was before Klopp came in, but if you see him as the perfect Gundogan replacement/protege then I wonder if the committee will still suggest him.

Some light links to Leroy Sane popping up again for Liverpool too. Seems like a natural fit too and god knows they need a winger. I'm probably in the minority, but I think Sane is at a similar level to Depay, now and in the future.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't think you're in the minority. Sane is very highly rated, and Memphis is underperforming atm. That said I don't think Sane is really a traditional winger either...more of an AM which just kind of adds to the cluster**** we already have going at the 10 position. Would rather look at someone like Brandt.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Memphis is going to "underperform" for a while

He's going to turn it over a lot as he gets adjusted to the league.

It should be expected.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Mahrez to Man Utd rumor
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-tracking-leicester-star-6756020

I haven't seen anyone post on this.

I just wonder where he would fit into Man United's busy midfield

If he plays anything like he does in Leicester, they could definitely use him.
Maybe not necessarily always in the starting 11, but at the very least as an impact sub.

Vardy's been getting all the press, but Mahrez has been just as amazing this season for Leicester.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Mahrez has been better than Vardy. Vardy is just a really nice story.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't think you're in the minority. Sane is very highly rated, and Memphis is underperforming atm. That said I don't think Sane is really a traditional winger either...more of an AM which just kind of adds to the cluster**** we already have going at the 10 position. Would rather look at someone like Brandt.

I don't know about that. Sane has almost exclusively played wide in 442 and 4231. He isn't going to cross it into the box but he is fast and he is very good at dribbling past and pulling the trigger, two things Liverpool has none of from out wide

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Vardy's been getting all the press, but Mahrez has been just as amazing this season for Leicester.

Mahrez has been better than Vardy. Vardy is just a really nice story.

Pretty much what I've been telling people

As for a transfer, I think Mahrez should wait next summer

He has a good thing going on right now and Ranieri truts him

If he moves to a biggerc lub in winter, I'm afraid it's gonna break his momentum

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
don't question that Mahrez is probably better...but Vardy is an out and out striker...Mahrez is another attacking mid that Tottenham is loaded with...would be nice to see

Kane - - - - Vardy
Son - - - - - Eriksen
----Dembale-----

as a line up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->