Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Reus was offered to any team for 50 or even 60m, I think they'd crawl on their hands and knees to Dortmund to pick him up.

It obviously never happened.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Football is even way worse with rumors than hockey, so most is pure crap. And ESPN really is the furthest thing from well-connected. I wouldn't give any thought to that. I wouldn't believe that Dortmund put any price tag on Reus. The earliest they'd need the money is if they somehow managed to miss CL again for next season.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Please no. I have misgivings because of the way he's been shopped around, like Corinthians knows his current form is too good to be true.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I've already had the discussion on him, and I don't think he's that bad for what it would cost. Certainly a gamble, but his numbers weren't atrocious at Milan. At the floated cost, I would certainly give it a call or a once over. Much of his problem is injury related (among other things) but if he's healthy, he could help. I also have a soft spot for more Brazilians.

We can disagree on that one, but I don't think he's the worst option out there. Especially if it's decided Sturridge is basically done at this point.

I don't think he's a priority, I think a winger and cover for left back would be where I buy (though if Ibe is trending up, it depends).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pato is a wide man now. Liverpool is clearly not buying him as a striker. In terms of wide men, Liverpool need help there BADLY. High risk. High reward. He is fast and he scores goals. If he comes (I'm still dubious) let's see what happens. He isn't one of my favorites but he is fast and he can score. Liverpool lacks pace and finishing. Why not?

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Meh. No quick fixes this window.

Players I'd like Chelsea to at least check on for the future - Tielemans/Isco/Carvalho/Neves/Donsah/Sule/Tah/Giminez/Lacazette

Ones I don't think we'd have a shot at because of our current CL situation - Morata, Greizmann, Stones, Marquinhos, Pogba, Verratti

Chelsea will need to buy another LB/RB or two with Ivanovic's contract expiring. Fabinho, Carvajal, or Ricardo..

Fabinho seems like a Mourinho type of player. Carvajal could want out if Danilo is the one starting the most. Don't think Ricardo would come to Chelsea if they don't have CL

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Do you think a bottom team with no chance to reach the CL will be able to sign the likes of Neves, Tielemans, Isco, Carvahlo, Lacazette, etc... who will have similar offers from CL teams?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Do you think a bottom team with no chance to reach the CL will be able to sign the likes of Neves, Tielemans, Isco, Carvahlo, Lacazette, etc... who will have similar offers from CL teams?

Honestly, yeah. You saw Man United two years ago, they were able to splash the cash despite not having CL.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Having infinity money and being in London might help.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Yeah, one year of not making the CL doesn't make Chelsea WBA.

In terms of perspective, quality of life, compensation, commercial opportunities and visibility, Chelsea probably still offer one of the most attractive overall packages in world football.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Honestly, yeah. You saw Man United two years ago, they were able to splash the cash despite not having CL.

How about infinite money in London (other team), Madrid, Barcelona, Turin, Paris AND CL ?

If Neves was to move, he'd have just about any team to go to. Why would he pick Chelsea? Same with Isco. It's beyond crazy to think they can attract a guy like him over Bayern, PSG, Arsenal or any other rich team WITH CL.

EDIT : And who did United attract? Mata who was not wanted by Chelsea and Di Maria who wanted to go to PSG but UEFA banned the deal?

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Just wondering folks who is Ronaldo's successor?? At the moment Neymar is messi's heir apparent as the best south american player, but who'll be the best European born player.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
EDIT : And who did United attract? Mata who was not wanted by Chelsea and Di Maria who wanted to go to PSG but UEFA banned the deal?

Ander Herrera, Luke Shaw (who was linked with all the UCL teams in England), Di Maria (who, although you can paint it whichever way you like was still a high demand player who went to Man U), Falcao (who at this time was a hot commodity that you played up with frequency), and others.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Ander Herrera, Luke Shaw (who was linked with all the UCL teams in England), Di Maria (who, although you can paint it whichever way you like was still a high demand player who went to Man U), Falcao (who at this time was a hot commodity that you played up with frequency), and others.

None of those players were in high demand IMO. And also, Manchester United is Manchester United. Chelsea do not have that same allure.

Are we also quick to forget how many targets rejected Manchester United? They were used as leverage by everybody trying to get more money out of somebody else.

A Mourinho led Chelsea also isn't attractive.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Meh. No quick fixes this window.

Players I'd like Chelsea to at least check on for the future - Tielemans/Isco/Carvalho/Neves/Donsah/Sule/Tah/Giminez/Lacazette

Ones I don't think we'd have a shot at because of our current CL situation - Morata, Greizmann, Stones, Marquinhos, Pogba, Verratti

Chelsea will need to buy another LB/RB or two with Ivanovic's contract expiring. Fabinho, Carvajal, or Ricardo..

Fabinho seems like a Mourinho type of player. Carvajal could want out if Danilo is the one starting the most. Don't think Ricardo would come to Chelsea if they don't have CL

Well if you want most of the players on that list you'd better hope they're considered quick fixes by club management and they're signed in January because if things don't turn around you'll likely see few of them. As regards the bolded names, I don't see you signing any of them even if you win the league again.

Not really a comparable list mate. Ander as much as I rate him was coming from Athletic Club and would have likely signed for Chelsea were they in the same circumstances, but he didn't have that many other big suitors. Shaw really is a big signing in England but not really a player that European elite sides are going to seriously go after. Di Maria is as Evilo explained and Falcao wasn't that hot a commodity.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool are linked with a few players I guess I'll only post one source, but most of these have multiple sources:

- Robert Lewandowski (Express and many others, obviously not happening, 50m+)
- Timo Horn (Express and a few others, interesting, 6m release clause?)
- Leroy Sané (ESPN many others, interesting, 20m+?)
- Gianluca Lapadula (Talksport many others, no idea who he is)

Most interested in the Horn rumour as we desperately need competition for Mignolet (and ideally someone that can straight up take the job from him). I know Horn is highly rated in Germany and is quite young. It seems like a good fit.

Sané apparently isn't interested in Liverpool and just signed a new contract so I don't really care for them to pursue that especially since we have a bunch of similar types of players already (seems like a luxury at this point while other areas need addressing IMO).

Lewandowski is just stupid media stuff that doesn't make any sense, obviously, and I have no idea who this Lapadula guy is...if Klopp can turn him into the next Lewa then fine, aha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad