Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sky Sports: Eleny deal has been postponed due to visa issues, but will be completed once this clears up.

The Daily Mirror: Arsenal going after two "really good youngsters" from Nigeria football academy. Their names are Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Chukwueze. Both Juventus and Bayern Munich are reportedly wanting to sign them as well.

Telegraph: Arsenal monitoring Cavani's situation after Blanc confirms he might move in January. Blanc has said, "There is a problem with Cavani’s behaviour but my job is to think of the entire squad as a collective". And, "I believe that he can score here but I understand if he wants to consider other career opportunities." Sounds like its up to Cavani if he wants to move or not.

Telegraph also reporting Arsenal are interested in Croatian midfielder, Marcelo Brozovic for a 12 million pound fee due to Welbeck's uncertainty for the rest of the season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's a rumour that's been going around for a while but reports are now that there's a deal in place with Matip to sign for Liverpool in the summer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Telegraph: Arsenal monitoring Cavani's situation after Blanc confirms he might move in January. Blanc has said, "There is a problem with Cavani’s behaviour but my job is to think of the entire squad as a collective". And, "I believe that he can score here but I understand if he wants to consider other career opportunities." Sounds like its up to Cavani if he wants to move or not.

:laugh:
This is insanity. Blanc never said those words. It's one thing to twist some words, but here it's just lies.
Blanc confirmed Cavani was still not happy to play on the wing, but that collectively, the team had better balance that way and that he was still being very productive there.

And anyone thinking Cavani would move this winter is delusionnal.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Laurent-blanc-cavani-n-est-pas-un-probleme/623862

«Effectivement, on a parlé de Cavani mais ce n’était pas le sujet principal de la réunion. Quand on se réunit, on parle du club, de l’équipe, des joueurs, du staff médical, de l’entraîneur…», a confirmé l’entraîneur parisien. Précisant qu’il s’agissait d’un «problème de comportement», il en a donné les raisons : «Il y a un système de jeu qui, pour lui (Cavani), ne tire pas ses qualités à 100% mais n’oublions pas que dans ce système, ça fait deux ans et demi que ses stats sont très bonnes. Il aimerait jouer autrement, je peux le concevoir, mais moi j’ai un équilibre d’effectif et d’équipe à protéger.»
«Contenter le plus de joueurs possible»
Après avoir souligné que c’était un devoir «d’écouter les revendications des joueurs», Laurent Blanc a martelé qu’il avait une réflexion collective. Une façon de justifier le positionnement de Cavani, maintenu sur l’aile gauche alors qu’il préférerait être davantage aligné dans une position axiale. «Quand tu as 25 joueurs, il faut essayer de contenter le plus de joueurs possible, note Blanc. Quitte à ne pas en contenter un ou deux ou trois. Parce que si tu en contentes trois et que les 23 autres ne sont pas contents, tu vas avoir un très gros problème. Le foot est un sport collectif. Il me semble que la façon de jouer convient à la plupart des joueurs qui composent cet effectif-là. D’autant que tu as les résultats et la philosophie qui correspond à l’entraîneur que je suis. Ça fait beaucoup.»

Reste à savoir comment Cavani, qui n’a pas été aligné vendredi contre Bastia (2-0), réagira au fait que plusieurs de ses coéquipiers aient discuté de son attitude. «Oui, ça peut devenir un gros problème, a convenu Blanc. Mais il faut te poser la question toi-même : est-ce justifié ou pas ? Si tu poses un problème parce que tu es une tête de…, oui, mais ce n’est pas le cas. On a parlé de Cavani pour un problème précis, comme on en a parlé d’autres fois sur d’autres joueurs. Cavani n’est pas un problème. Il y a une situation sur laquelle il a fallu discuter.»

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I meant that his age doesn't matter towards whether he could play right away for Man United. I understand that players in their prime or a few years before their prime go for a lot more than 16 year olds.

He beat out a pretty good keeper to get that job.

Meant age mattering when it comes to winning trophies. Him playing for a mid table club in the Serie A means very little for a team with trophy aspirations .

Something is going on in Barca B, 2 youth players have had their contract's rescinded in successive days. Atior is real surprise considering he was called up to the main squad and played pretty well, just a month ago. He's also the top scorer for Barca B. Weird.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
37M
That's like cheap change for Barca...
He has talent but he would be a backup definitely.

Compared to what they paid for Suarez and Neymar, yes. Doesn't mean they're willing to pay that for an unestablished player who clearly is not in the same tier as Neymar talent-wise (and they bought Neymar when he was older and more likely to contribute immediately). Actually, in they generally don't spend money on undeveloped players at all, preferring to rely on their own academy to produce players.

Sane doesn't have a buyout in his contract, that rumors been quashed. So that 37m figure won't get him; not in the winter. If things get crazy and someone offers 55+ then things would change.

37M could absolutely get him for Barca eventually. Maybe not in the winter. Only Man U or City would pay anywhere close to 55M for Sane. I really hope none of those English clubs help Schalke out like that.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Sky Sports: Eleny deal has been postponed due to visa issues, but will be completed once this clears up.

The Daily Mirror: Arsenal going after two "really good youngsters" from Nigeria football academy. Their names are Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Chukwueze. Both Juventus and Bayern Munich are reportedly wanting to sign them as well.

Telegraph also reporting Arsenal are interested in Croatian midfielder, Marcelo Brozovic for a 12 million pound fee due to Welbeck's uncertainty for the rest of the season.

That's a lot of Christmas tales

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Nice. I would love to see him on a good team that actually knows how to play football and pass the ball properly.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It took a long time for Barcelona to get their ban after all their appeals I would imagine that Atletico and Real will be able to delay it until after the summer.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Curtinho;112159353[B said:
]It took a long time for Barcelona to get their ban[/B] after all their appeals I would imagine that Atletico and Real will be able to delay it until after the summer.

The window was pretty much open when it was handed in April-May and the final decision came in August. Plenty of time to rule on this before the summer transfer window.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

QONVIyz.gif

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Calleri's transfer has turned out to be a rollercoaster, apparently he's not going to Inter but on his way to Brasil. Athletico Minerio being the favourites. By the end of the week he'll be playing in Qatar. :laugh:

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Real and Atletico both hit with transfer bans for Summer 2016 and Winter 2017.

I saw it was for transfers regarding academy players. This would be the 2nd and 3rd major club in Europe getting banned. What are the rules of it and how come these big clubs don't know the rules? I think UEFA has to re-visit this and make the rules more clear/more known. Really strange for these teams to make the same mistakes.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Nordin Amrabat to Watford close to being done.
Nolito to Barça its a done deal according to some folks here. Loan with buy clause

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
I heard a couple days ago Norwich is trying to get Naismith from Everton. Apparently that deal is now put to a stall. Norwich now chasing Gayle as an another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad