Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
For a keeper I think that's nuts, but for a striker or a midfielder I would not be shocked someday.

It's too much by far, but he could be a player for you for two decades. At that price it could be peanuts.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I could see it. I think the griping over money is a bit much these days. These clubs are rich and 40m is nothing. They can spend 200m a transfer window and not even break a sweat.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lol Of course his age matters when your spending that much $$. You're either buying him with more of an eye on the future(in terms of winning trophies) or you plan on starting right away which will result in a mixed bag.

I meant that his age doesn't matter towards whether he could play right away for Man United. I understand that players in their prime or a few years before their prime go for a lot more than 16 year olds.

He's played what 10 games for a mid table club in the Serie A you want him to play for a team that has (supposedly) league titles and CL?

He beat out a pretty good keeper to get that job.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Roman Neustadter transferring to Zenit and apparently taking Russian citizenship to play for them at the EC...didn't know he had a russian connection but good for him. He never really took a step with his passing to at least be able to threaten to hit the dangerous pass, but he's a smart guy and plays the safe pass quickly.

...even if that's just another body keeping Witsel from play the 6. *sigh* In a sport that has some positions with very little top tier depth, it's always a shame when someone who can be elite in that spot isn't even given the chance. I feel similarly when Alaba is restricted to playing LB, and when I see Maxi Arnold still having never been tried as a LB.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Roman Neustadter transferring to Zenit and apparently taking Russian citizenship to play for them at the EC...didn't know he had a russian connection but good for him. He never really took a step with his passing to at least be able to threaten to hit the dangerous pass, but he's a smart guy and plays the safe pass quickly.

Born in Dnepropetrovsk when it was still Soviet. Ukraine had wanted to call him up in the past. I suppose Neustadter is eligible for Russia in the same way that Evgeni Nabokov is, by virtue of his home nation being formerly USSR.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Born in Dnepropetrovsk when it was still Soviet. Ukraine had wanted to call him up in the past. I suppose Neustadter is eligible for Russia in the same way that Evgeni Nabokov is, by virtue of his home nation being formerly USSR.

I guess that makes sense since I do remember the Ukrainian thing now that you mention it. Well good for him, he can take Denisov's spot at the 6 if he settles in quickly.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Neustädter is underrated. Saw the part about Russian citizenship but not Zenit. Good for him if true.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Eh, I know ZM loves him so I'm probably missing something, but he just never learned to play a dangerous or creative pass. And you need someone in that position who can help create from that spot...at least as a threat, if not a regularly option. And Neu never did learn to make/trust those passes. He does many other things well, but I think even as a starter for S04 he wasn't good enough for a club of their stature.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Eh, I know ZM loves him so I'm probably missing something, but he just never learned to play a dangerous or creative pass. And you need someone in that position who can help create from that spot...at least as a threat, if not a regularly option. And Neu never did learn to make/trust those passes. He does many other things well, but I think even as a starter for S04 he wasn't good enough for a club of their stature.

I don't think you need someone in that position who can make really creative or passes that cause immediate danger. That's an overrated part of the role. Neustädter excelled at all the other things. He absolutely was good enough for Schalke imo. But you and I have already had this conversation.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nolito to Barça is picking up some steam. All you ever hear is that Lucho wants him so this may happen. Not sure he's needed, but don't think he'll cost too much either so it might not be a bad move.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
If United want a keeper to replace De Gea, they should go for Jan Oblak. Better off spending 40 million on him than a 16 year old. Not sure if Atletico Madrid would even sell him for that amount though.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Gianluigi Donnarumma

The Next

Gianluigi Buffon!

Many many young italian goalkeepers were said to be the next Buffon. Donnarumma could be, but still toooooo early.

I remember Nicola Leali was the best thing that ever happened to Italy few years ago. He's like 21 now and still needs to prove that he can be a Serie A starter.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sane doesn't have a buyout in his contract, that rumors been quashed. So that 37m figure won't get him; not in the winter. If things get crazy and someone offers 55+ then things would change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad