Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
:laugh:
This is insanity. Blanc never said those words. It's one thing to twist some words, but here it's just lies.
Blanc confirmed Cavani was still not happy to play on the wing, but that collectively, the team had better balance that way and that he was still being very productive there.

And anyone thinking Cavani would move this winter is delusionnal.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Laurent-blanc-cavani-n-est-pas-un-probleme/623862
Yeah, I just copied and pasted what it said in the Telegraph. Sounds like they had fun with Google Translator. :sarcasm: Trust me I am becoming less and less a Cavani fan, would I take him on Arsenal? Sure, but not at what PSG would probably want to sell him for. But I don't think its all lies, I think you confirmed it as well that it will be up to Cavani himself if he wants to move by just playing wing. If that is him wanting to move in winter or summer, again is up to him. We all know that normally big hyped players NEVER ever move during the winter, so we can doubt these rumours as well.

That's a lot of Christmas tales
You're talking about the Cavani rumours, correct?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Immobile goes back to where he was most successful, Torino on loan

Croatian international Ante Rebic joins bottom Serie A side Hellas Verona on loan from Fiorentina, good talent, brain size of a pea with a bad attitude

Kramaric now being linked with Wolfsburg, even some speculation he will return to Croatia with Dinamo Zagreb but that would be a massive step backwards for him unless he is looking for easy goals to make the Euro squad

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, it's Ousmane. Who might already be better than both other Dembeles, and who's a very young kid. Already a starter for Rennes.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm not sure it deserves a response but I'll bite.
Giroud scored 33 L1 goals in 73 games, playing lone striker and shooting penalties.
Cavani has scored 44 L1 goals in 81 games, playing LW and not shooting penalties.

Overall in their careers, Giroud has scored 132 goals in 308 games, including many L2 (and National) games.
Cavani has scored 165 goals in 318 games, playing top flight football, facing tougher defenses and playing wing for the last 81 games.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I'm not sure it deserves a response but I'll bite.
Giroud scored 33 L1 goals in 73 games, playing lone striker and shooting penalties.
Cavani has scored 44 L1 goals in 81 games, playing LW and not shooting penalties.

Overall in their careers, Giroud has scored 132 goals in 308 games, including many L2 (and National) games.
Cavani has scored 165 goals in 318 games, playing top flight football, facing tougher defenses and playing wing for the last 81 games.

For Arsenal? Cavani wouldn't be an upgrade with his poor finishing. In the top flight, Giroud has 115 goals in 249 games with Arsenal/Montpellier. We've seen him score goals against all of the big clubs, and we've seen him get better since he joined Arsenal. He's strong in the air, makes good runs, is good all around, and is a perfect fit for Arsenal. If you want to critique him, I suppose his finishing up to par, but if it were, he'd be setting records in the EPL. If you're going to look for an upgrade, you want somebody who can finish, and Cavani can't finish.

You already know how I feel about Cavani. Take away his absurd totals in Napoli, and Cavani's top flight totals? 106 in 237 games. Built up by destroying crap teams, as I've evidenced in the past.

Giroud gets an absurd amount of hate because he plays for Arsenal, and everybody hates Arsenal. RVP had a slightly higher GPG than Giroud. A single percent higher.

Next month, in the CL, I would put my life down betting that Giroud has a better performance than Cavani. Even with Giroud going against Barca getting zero chances, and Cavani having to play against Chelsea.

Cavani as a winger, I would totally be ok with, and he'd obviously be better than Giroud. But as a striker? It's not even a question.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lol, Cavani can't finish. :laugh:
That's why you avoid talking about the fact he's got better finishing stats than Giroud in every category.

Giroud's so dominant in the CL he cost Arsenal a place in the QF last year. :biglaugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thauvin is loaned back to OM for 6 months.
Good news is that we get to see his girlfriend for 6 months again. And OM must feel so good about stealing so much money from Newcastle... :D

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Dont see the point in spending so much on a player and barely utilizing him in anything other than a "we are already losing lets give you 10-15minutes" roles

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Thauvin is loaned back to OM for 6 months.
Good news is that we get to see his girlfriend for 6 months again. And OM must feel so good about stealing so much money from Newcastle... :D

I expected Thauvin to have a shot to make the Euro team. What a waste. He'll never amount to anything more than a mid table Ligue 1 team starter.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The Guardian has Liverpool in on Inaki Williams.

Needs to stay at Athletic Club. Isn't ready for a move anywhere just yet.

From a Liverpool perspective this would be an unnecessary gamble given we have so many young players already. Rather see some of them given a chance.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Cheick Tiote agrees to transfer to Shanghai Shenhua.
8 million pound transfer fee.
Will be on 70K pounds per week.
Good business that.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Needs to stay at Athletic Club. Isn't ready for a move anywhere just yet.

From a Liverpool perspective this would be an unnecessary gamble given we have so many young players already. Rather see some of them given a chance.

Yeah, he should stay at bilbao, even though I think he could be a starter depending liverpool formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->