Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Why not? They have a log jam in midfield, and on the wings. Gabi is still a regular on the team, Koke is great, Niguez (aka Koke Jr) is ahead of him in the pecking order, and they just bought Kranevitter and Augusto Fernandez. Carrasco is ahead of him as a wide midfielder. He didn't even make the bench today. I can see him feeling squeezed out of the squad. Maybe he's just not an ideal fit for Atletico's style.

All those players are different than Torres. Krane and Augusto are both holding midfielders. He could be upset than he's not getting enough chances but it's not like Simeone has completely disregarded him. His time will come if he stays patient.

He along with Correa are the crown jewels of Atleti, they're the future of the team. It would be as big a mistake if Tampa let go of Drouin.:D

It's right. He is just not good enough to start at atletico. I reckon he's a couple years away at least

He's not good enough to start but good enough to come off the bench?

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Why not? They have a log jam in midfield, and on the wings. Gabi is still a regular on the team, Koke is great, Niguez (aka Koke Jr) is ahead of him in the pecking order, and they just bought Kranevitter and Augusto Fernandez. Carrasco is ahead of him as a wide midfielder. He didn't even make the bench today. I can see him feeling squeezed out of the squad. Maybe he's just not an ideal fit for Atletico's style.

I actually agree with you 100%. Even just his physical limitations make him a hard sell under Simeone. He would do really REALLY well at a team like Villarreal.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
All those players are different than Torres. Krane and Augusto are both holding midfielders. He could be upset than he's not getting enough chances but it's not like Simeone has completely disregarded him. His time will come if he stays patient.

He along with Correa are the crown jewels of Atleti, they're the future of the team. It would be as big a mistake if Tampa let go of Drouin.:D

He's not good enough to start but good enough to come off the bench?

Kranevitter and Augusto are both holding midfielders, yes, but since Gabi can play either as a holder or as an '8', their presence in the squad will also contribute a bit to the depth at the positions where Oliver can play, since Gabi will play more alongside one of them. Koke and Saul are different kinds of players than Oliver, but they also seem to fit Simeone far better and are playing ahead of him at the same positions.

Maybe nothing will come of this, though.

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
They won't sell Sturridge until he plays a run of games, if ever.

Liverpool's recalling Danny Ward from his loan. So, Bogdan will never be seen again. Would also like to see him given a chance over Mignolet.

I call ******** on this as well. Sturridge is the only really good scorer on that team. They will try their best to make it work. I find it hard to see someone go for him at that price, as well.

Feel kind of bad for Bogdan. Two games in and he's already doomed..

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If Liverpool wants to sell Sturridge, Arsenal should try to purchase him. A Sturridge/Giroud combo would be very good. You have an elite CF in Sturridge, and when he gets hurt, you can play Giroud who isn't elite, but good enough to play a big role for a top club.

Would've agreed this past summer in a Walcott for Sturridge swap, but now I'm second guessing that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They won't sell Sturridge until he plays a run of games, if ever.

Liverpool's recalling Danny Ward from his loan. So, Bogdan will never be seen again. Would also like to see him given a chance over Mignolet.

Bold prediction.

Danny Ward takes the starting job, doesn't look back and starts for Wales at the Euros

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Rangers Aberdeen family

Of course, Ward leaving Aberdeen means they'll probably have to (if possible) recall Danny Rogers from Falkirk, who're second in the Championship and who beat Rangers a few weeks ago. I'm just delighted at this prospect

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I will still be shocked if Promes lasts this window in Spartak. I haven't seen many rumours but he is like...the ideal signing. Not cup tied, young, scoring lots of goals, flexible positionally and a really exciting player to watch.

I mean I don't know what kind of price is on his head but I would absolutely love for Liverpool to make a bid there, and not just because he's Dutch.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Ok, now the most reliable source for all things BVB, Ruhr Nachrichten, is reporting that Malcom is in fact a possible transfer candidate. Kicker and Bild also mentioned Malcom by name.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Klopp dismisses the Pato rumor.

Didn't really make sense to me, anyway. Given Liverpool's history in the transfer market, why gamble?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Boy were you wrong :sarcasm:

How should I feel about this?

I can't tell. Saivet at 16 was one of the most talented youngsters in the game. Then he went on and was injured year after year until he was 20 or so. Since then he shines once in a while with tremendous goals (he's also a great FK taker). Dribbles and shooting are his forte.
However, he plays on an offensively challenged team so he shines only once in a while. On a talented team he might actually be an asset. At Bordeaux, not really. Not sure Newcastle is any better on this.
I see this as being possibly an Obertan all over again.
Best case scenario, he finds more room to exploit his undeniable offensive talents and he's a consistant 10-12 goals scorer.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I never understood why Pato left Europe. Always seemed to do everything well. Those AC Milan teams with him Robinho/Ibra were fun to watch. Reports say that he's pretty much done being an impact guy, but it's so tempting to take that chance anyway.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool trying to push through a loan deal for Steven Caulker to as CB cover today to register in time for Arsenal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia