Status
Not open for further replies.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
What? This is happening? Really?
WooooooooooHooooooooo!

Decision made. I’m going to get a projector to project the game onto the outside of the house and sit in the hot tub to watch hockey in June.
This is awesome!
You know, if I can find a cheap enough one that might be the answer!
Simply brilliant!

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Those Tkachuk boys are a problem. Scoring aside having that type of player who plays on the edge and INITIATES a scrum rather than Jet players who are always reacting. More often than not the guy reacting is going to be the one getting the penalty.

The Jets need to get that guy added to their team. I really like what Lowry and Copp do out there they play hard and fair out there. They need to learn to get a little dirty, give that extra wack at the goaltender and take face wash here and there and just smile back. Get the other team chasing after them instead of having Tkachuk getting in the face of Scheifele, Laine and Ehlers. When Tkachuk starts that someone needs to make Johnny Hockey uncomfortable instead of getting sucked in by Tkachuk.
We have Joe Dirt still...he can be a sheet disturbance in a mullet.
Man, I hope he comes in rocking that mullet with a total Giv'r attitude!

Reactions: TS Quint

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Have they stated Little is out? Personally I'm not sure its an issue, seeing as he hasn't played in like 8 months. As for Helly, he is the key. I can see him coming up big. He's not one of these whiny entitled guys, so I can see him going all out.

No arguments with your points Ch'cat'....

I was merely stating to facts... no certainty on Little...

And Helle' is key...

Call it My without context statement... a statement... a statement by others to follow like yours...

A good statement...

If you know what I mean by what I mean...

:thumbu:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
This is going to be a very controversial post, but I think that Laine is growing a mean streak as he grows into his body. I don't want him fighting and breaking a hand, but he was going for big hits last year and I think led the team at one point.

Overall our team is pretty big. Laine/Wheeler/Lowry are all 6'5" guys and there are a bunch that are just under that.

Again, not fighters, but we can certainly throw our weight around.

Laine threw some hits and it was nice to see - he has the weight to be a physical player. But I don't see a mean streak in him - although he does like to chirp.
Lowry can be a tough dude when he wants to be and so can Copp - Wheels will come to the rescue once in a while but aside from that, our tough guys are gone - Trouba, Buff, Chiarot, even Myers to an extend - those guys could be intimidating. We don't have much of that anymore and Laine is not filling in a hole these guys left - and he shouldn't - that's not his game and likely never will be.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The predictive models hate the Jets because their fancystats have been so poor this season.

Getting Vezina-caliber goaltending, having a pretty good powerplay, and being the least-penalized team in the NHL was enough to get the Jets to the edge of the playoffs...
Also the steady improvement in health and play over the past two months IMO

Reactions: ps241 and Jets 31

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
What's Joe Dirt?
375x250.jpg

BdRmiVx87Zo7fXWN7

1180760046-850x560.jpeg

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
If Hellebuyck is still on Vezina form, then I think the Jets can get past the Flames.
Helle is the difference make in the series IMO. As a Nuck fan born in Winnipeg I'm glad my 2 teams avoided each other. First off the Jets made the Nucks their beach this year and honestly it's demoralizing to watch.
I gained a lot of respect for the team this season because losing your 3 best D is pretty hard to come back from.
All that said, the Jets go only as far as Helly takes them.
without vezina quality goaltending the Jets go nowhere, as seen by how bad they were earlier this season.
When the Nucks played them at the Peg earlier this season, the Jets had no response to our stars and the game should have been 7-1 but wave after wave Helly bailed out his team.
I think the Jets will beat the Flames even with average goaltending. The Lames window however small it was is now slammed shut. They have such an operated D core a shitty bottom 6 except Dube and they lack a true 1c and have very little depth. MT is a dick who while being a perfectly fine top 6 winger he is not elite like flames fans want to believe.
Good luck Jet fans all of BC and Northern Alberta are cheering you guys on.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Laine threw some hits and it was nice to see - he has the weight to be a physical player. But I don't see a mean streak in him - although he does like to chirp.
Lowry can be a tough dude when he wants to be and so can Copp - Wheels will come to the rescue once in a while but aside from that, our tough guys are gone - Trouba, Buff, Chiarot, even Myers to an extend - those guys could be intimidating. We don't have much of that anymore and Laine is not filling in a hole these guys left - and he shouldn't - that's not his game and likely never will be.

Wheeler is also from the Mpls./St. Paul metro and that’s why what he said has meaning and perspective!

Of all the physical guys you mentioned, Lowry is by far the toughest of them all. Not many guys could go toe to toe with Ryan Reaves, and slightly get the better of him. Lowry could take on any of the players you mentioned -- even Buff.

I don't think Lowry shys away from the rough play, and doesn't mind getting into the odd scrap to protect his teammates. If we picked up one more physical guy -- I think we're in good shape in that department. Lowry is not the type of player that goes out looking for trouble though, and I don't think he'll try to intimate smaller players on the other team.

Right now, we really only have Lowry -- buy maybe this Samberg guy we just signed ---who's pretty big, could help with that role. Wheeler is also not bad in that role, and can hold his own.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Also the steady improvement in health and play over the past two months IMO

Adding DeMelo was also an event thats impact can’t be overstated. Morrissey’s game took a jump so it felt like a 2 for 1 deal. Once a team has that top pair set it makes it easier on the second pair like Kuli and Pionk. It’s the full knock down effect where you have to ask for a little less out of each guy.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Adding DeMelo was also an event thats impact can’t be overstated. Morrissey’s game took a jump so it felt like a 2 for 1 deal. Once a team has that top pair set it makes it easier on the second pair like Kuli and Pionk. It’s the full knock down effect where you have to ask for a little less out of each guy.
I was liking Eakin's game just as we stopped playing. He was starting to fit in and i think Eakin , Laine and Ehlers was looking pretty good. If they got hot and starting scoring it would take a tonne of pressure off Scheifele , Wheeler and Connor . 2 good trades by Chevy getting DeMelo and Eakin and not giving up much in the process.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Simply brilliant!

Competing with the sun isn't easy and you're not going to find a cost effective projector that is going to give you good results.

There's many establishments that have invested $5000+ in projectors, but have glass windows that allow a portion of the sun in. No ones watches these units until sundown, everyones attention is diverted to smaller tvs where one can actually see what's going on. One of the worst was the recently closed Pony Corral downtown. Great projector that cast to a screen behind the bar that worked fine for sports from after 6:30pm November to February but unwatchable from April to September.

Your money will be much better spent buying an tv built for outdoors with technology that significantly cuts down on reflections and glare. most often these come with the added benefit that same glare-reducing screen also greatly enhances black levels and off-angle viewing.

I recently purchased a great mobile tv stand on line and simply cart the this tv around to rooms where we don't have a tv. Being in pro-audio I can also rent this stand out, but always have it on hand for mobile applications here at the house. Was VERY affordable and of great quality. Helps to subscribe to Blue Sky or a similar product so that the only connection you need is power.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Competing with the sun isn't easy and you're not going to find a cost effective projector that is going to give you good results.

There's many establishments that have invested $5000+ in projectors, but have glass windows that allow a portion of the sun in. No ones watches these units until sundown, everyones attention is diverted to smaller tvs where one can actually see what's going on. One of the worst was the recently closed Pony Corral downtown. Great projector that cast to a screen behind the bar that worked fine for sports from after 6:30pm November to February but unwatchable from April to September.

Your money will be much better spent buying an tv built for outdoors with technology that significantly cuts down on reflections and glare. most often these come with the added benefit that same glare-reducing screen also greatly enhances black levels and off-angle viewing.

I recently purchased a great mobile tv stand on line and simply cart the this tv around to rooms where we don't have a tv. Being in pro-audio I can also rent this stand out, but always have it on hand for mobile applications here at the house. Was VERY affordable and of great quality. Helps to have Blue Sky or a similar product so that the connection you need is power.
Nice - you can also strap a UPS on it so you can move it around without stopping or powering down :)

Reactions: Gm0ney

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Morrissey was playing well for a while before DeMelo got here.

Since the turn of the calendar he was a 51 CF% and a 46%xGF both of which were top 5 on the team down the stretch. His relative numbers were best among d on the team.

No doubt playing with a partner he trusts will help him play even better but he had turned his game around and adapted to his new role long before DeMelo. Its why I'm not worried about him at all, he showed a lot of growth throughout the year and showed he could handle that top role the baxk half of the season no matter who he played with. He definitely looked visually better with DeMelo though. Having a good defensive partner definitely made him more comfortable to get that aggression and assertiveness both ways back into his game. For my money he is at his best when he is allowed to be aggressive going forward in the offensive zone. Bring back DeMelo and I think you see him take a big step forward as an all around dmen next year.

Its players like Lowry who were just bad all season that I am concerned about moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: JetsUK and ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Morrissey was playing well for a while before DeMelo got here.

Since the turn of the calendar he was a 51 CF% and a 46%xGF both of which were top 5 on the team down the stretch. His relative numbers were best among d on the team.

No doubt playing with a partner he trusts will help him play even better but he had turned his game around and adapted to his new role long before DeMelo. Its why I'm not worried about him at all, he showed a lot of growth throughout the year and showed he could handle that top role the baxk half of the season no matter who he played with. He definitely looked visually better with DeMelo though. Having a good defensive partner definitely made him more comfortable to get that aggression and assertiveness both ways back into his game. For my money he is at his best when he is allowed to be aggressive going forward in the offensive zone. Bring back DeMelo and I think you see him take a big step forward as an all around dmen next year.

Its players like Lowry who were just bad all season that I am concerned about moving forward.

Without Copp Lowry is not nearly as effective. He seemed a bit off this season.

Reactions: hn777

boanst

May 25, 2013
Simply brilliant!

If you do this, try to use a dark surface for a screen. A white surface reflects light much more than a black screen. Use walls and/or canopies to block out some of the extra daylight. Look for the highest lumen count you can find.

Fonzie is probably right about going for a tv instead, though I think the ones specifically designed for outside are going to be pricey. Flat screens are always going to be brighter, especially now that they need to be equipped to handle HDR technology. Quantum dot LEDs are usually the brightest. Avoid OLED for outside, they are great for a basement, but arent that bright so they fade a bit in light. Try to block out the light behind you if possible.

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I thinbk JMo was playing with a nagging injury from almost the beginning of the season. I would bet that he is all healed up and ready to go by now.

DeMelo was a great add by Chevy and I really hope re-signs.
If Little plays, we will be strong down the middle.

Anyone know when the entry draft is???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad