Series Discussion: Winnipeg Jets vs Calgary Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's hard to project a lot of metrics from regular season to playoff hockey. The Jets have a really good goalie and a lot of talent. That's a good start.

Reactions: ps241

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
but, but he has a lot of hair .... on his face
:laugh:

01pafjh2lpd51.jpg
tgDeL4Y.jpg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok so bizzaro world begins today. I have “ZERO” idea what is going to happen

I could see us sweeping.......getting swept....and everything in between.

We have possibly the best goalie in hockey ( hope he plays that way) and definitely the worst 2nd line center in the playoffs.

Welcome to the Thunerdome.......two teams enter, one team leaves.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
So it starts today?! Oh man I’ve been mostly out of the loop. I also didn’t want to get myself all wound up but oh man shit gets real today huh? Idk if my emotions can handle this honestly. Lol :scared:

Reactions: SLAYER

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Goaltending is everything in the playoffs and we have one of the best , i wouldn't feel very confident about winning games if we had Talbot in net .

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
It's hard to project a lot of metrics from regular season to playoff hockey. The Jets have a really good goalie and a lot of talent. That's a good start.
the Jets serve up pizzas in their own zone and advanced stats make the Jets look like a crappy team. That's a good continuation

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
So it starts today?! Oh man I’ve been mostly out of the loop. I also didn’t want to get myself all wound up but oh man shit gets real today huh? Idk if my emotions can handle this honestly. Lol :scared:

We can thank Atlanta for both teams in tonight's game. Should be a barnburner.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets were such a mess from an analytics point of view this year that of course the Flames are ahead in most metrics. the playoffs are a different ball game though and we shall see if being healthy and playing more aggressively through the NZ will pay off.

I was getting some of the 2017 Penguins vibes watching the systems we played in the exhibition game. Imo this is the way we have to play with are below average dcore and high octane forwards.

Anyhow I am quite excited for this to get up and running tomorrow.
Jets are among the teams with scoring and goaltending skill that overcomes deficits in shot metrics. When they fix their problems on D that can prevent high danger shots against, and generate more, they would be very tough to beat.

Reactions: KingBogo

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Jets are among the teams with scoring and goaltending skill that overcomes deficits in shot metrics. When they fix their problems on D that can prevent high danger shots against, and generate more, they would be very tough to beat.

Agreed. I'm not too concerned.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Agreed. I'm not too concerned.
How r u feeling about the "Not too concerned emotion" now?
Day after game 1 and Flames built momentum. If CGY continues in the same vain, and a couple of Wpgs top-guns don't finish on chances or, like KC about 4 times broke to the net turned away and no play completed! Just shoot and at least better your chance to score!!
Cgy definitely started to get to Helle and if they bring it they way they did half ofGame1, without Scheifele and Laine, Jets are against the big wall with mole hill supplies!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
How r u feeling about the "Not too concerned emotion" now?
Day after game 1 and Flames built momentum. If CGY continues in the same vain, and a couple of Wpgs top-guns don't finish on chances or, like KC about 4 times broke to the net turned away and no play completed! Just shoot and at least better your chance to score!!
Cgy definitely started to get to Helle and if they bring it they way they did half ofGame1, without Scheifele and Laine, Jets are against the big wall with mole hill supplies!

Jets were the better team at 5 on 5, we need to sort out our special teams quickly though.

I'll wait to see how they perform next game but they will need to be better at converting their chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad