Series Discussion: Winnipeg Jets vs Calgary Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Love the auto-correct of a 24-hour playoffs, lol. I also love playoff hockey so bring it on!

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I don’t like this lol .
Calgary is a fast team.
I liked the way the Jets were trending as I felt something building just as the season was put on hold.
Our next game was to be against Calgary and I think the win over Edmonton the night before was the perfect start to go on a good run.
So both teams healthy and rested?
Calgary’s speed concerns me.
I don’t think Calgary would have fared as well before the stoppage, but this break in my opinion benefits them more.
But Wheeler will be very fired up and I like that about him at times..his intensity is going to be pardon the phrase contagious

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I don’t like this lol .
Calgary is a fast team.
I liked the way the Jets were trending as I felt something building just as the season was put on hold.
Our next game was to be against Calgary and I think the win over Edmonton the night before was the perfect start to go on a good run.
I don’t think Calgary would have fared as well before the stoppage, but this break in my opinion benefits them more.
But Wheeler will be very fired up and I like that about him at times..his intensity is going to be pardon the phrase contagious

Good points - but we're fast too - might come down to goaltending - I like our chances

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Why we win this series

giphy.gif

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
If Hellebuyck comes back hot I really like our chances. Our forward group still has pretty good depth when healthy (I haven't been keeping track of Little although I still expect him not to be dressed), and the high end talent speaks for itself. As long as goaltending can cover for the less than ideal defence I think we should be good.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don’t like this lol .
Calgary is a fast team.

We get a well rested, Vezina nominee Hellie and I like our chances

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Sorry boyz, don't share the enthusiasm, no hockey played for 2 months now, boys will need a couple weeks to get back in game shape, first round in mid June, second round end of June and then into July, kinda hard to get too enthused at this point, I for one won't be sitting inside watching hockey in our very short summer!

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Sorry boyz, don't share the enthusiasm, no hockey played for 2 months now, boys will need a couple weeks to get back in game shape, first round in mid June, second round end of June and then into July, kinda hard to get too enthused at this point, I for one won't be sitting inside watching hockey in our very short summer!
But Sip
No political stuff and nice banter.
I won’t likely watch either

Reactions: sipowicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad