Series Discussion: Winnipeg Jets vs Calgary Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This is a topic I haven’t dug deep into but I believe playoff revenues are still part of HRR. Players don’t collect pay checks at that time of the year but all players compensation includes HRR from playoffs. At least that was what I was led to believe?
You might be right, I just assumed.

Reactions: ps241

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So it’s Vegas for the Western Conference! Nothing says hockey more than an empty arena and 110 degrees outside!

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
So it’s Vegas for the Western Conference! Nothing says hockey more than an empty arena and 110 degrees outside!
If Vegas is picked as a hub city it will host the Eastern Conference teams to not give Vegas any potential home-ice advantage.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
How do they get home ice advantage???
Just updated sip's post saying Vegas will be hub city for Western Conference.
Checked if Vegas is officially named a hub city, nope. When checking read that and just posted it.... rumour has it if Vegas is named a hub city Vegas will host Eastern conference teams something something no chance of home ice advantage if there is such a thing.

I don't think it's the actual home ice but maybe that they'd be a team located in their own city while every one else is in a different city? Make Vegas players travel to the other hub city? Familiarity with the locker rooms/facilities give them an advantage? I have no idea lol but maybe it's just Gary covering off some checkbox somewhere

Reactions: 10Ducky10

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
If Vegas is picked as a hub city it will host the Eastern Conference teams to not give Vegas any potential home-ice advantage.

Good for the players then, probably 5:00 PM start time to accommodate eastern TV, players can hit the town at 9:00!

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Checked if Vegas is officially named a hub city, nope. When checking read that and just posted it.... rumour has it if Vegas is named a hub city Vegas will host Eastern conference teams something something no chance of home ice advantage if there is such a thing.

I don't think it's the actual home ice but maybe that they'd be a team located in their own city while every one else is in a different city? Make Vegas players travel to the other hub city? Familiarity with the locker rooms/facilities give them an advantage? I have no idea lol but maybe it's just Gary covering off some checkbox somewhere

I think it's so the Vegas players don't get to sleep in their own beds while everyone else is stuck in the hotel.

Also, f*** Vegas!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

I was speaking to a lady at the Bank -- I call her Jet's fan, and she travels all over North America with a group of people, and watches all the Jet's games in person.

She tells me the host City will be Calgary, because it has enough big Hotel space for accommodations, and low Virus risks as well. She said all teams will stay in Calgary for a month or 2 and play it out there.

She also said Winnipeg was ruled out because of not enough Hotel space, and Toronto ruled out because of higher Virus cases.

Take this for what it's worth -- I have no idea if she's correct, but it did make sense from what she told me, and she hangs around with people in the know ???

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA

If Vegas was playing in Vegas they would be the only team that had lights for practice.:naughty:

I hope that one of the Canadian cities gets to be a hub. Likely Toronto but would rather see Van or Edmonton.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
I think it's so the Vegas players don't get to sleep in their own beds while everyone else is stuck in the hotel.

Also, f*** Vegas!
Nice last line! :)

Not that it's been announced but I thought all players from all teams would stay in a 'bubble'/hotel(s). NBA's tentative plans said Orlando players had to stay in the bubble/hotel(s) even though they could stay at their own homes. Maybe Gary caught wind of that and the rumour mill started. :DD

Reactions: Guardian17

Exiled Jets Fan

May 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
If Vegas, or any other bubble site with a high rate of Covid transmission, is selected then the players et al are either going to be confined to their rooms for the duration or the whole thing will be shut down once players, coaches, etc, start getting infected. No one is going to be out partying, unless it's inside a very controlled area.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
If Vegas was playing in Vegas they would be the only team that had lights for practice.:naughty:

I hope that one of the Canadian cities gets to be a hub. Likely Toronto but would rather see Van or Edmonton.
If Vegas is named a hub city and hosts Eastern playoffs I wonder if that knocks out any other Western-based cities' chances of being a hub city. Or is Vegas the only team that could have a home-city advantage?:naughty:

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015

I was speaking to a lady at the Bank -- I call her Jet's fan, and she travels all over North America with a group of people, and watches all the Jet's games in person.

She tells me the host City will be Calgary, because it has enough big Hotel space for accommodations, and low Virus risks as well. She said all teams will stay in Calgary for a month or 2 and play it out there.

She also said Winnipeg was ruled out because of not enough Hotel space, and Toronto ruled out because of higher Virus cases.

Take this for what it's worth -- I have no idea if she's correct, but it did make sense from what she told me, and she hangs around with people in the know ???

Judging about the details she’s giving you doesn’t sound like she knows what she’s talking about. Her timeline is “a month or two”? Doesn’t exactly sound like she knows anything. Plus Calgary’s facility is old and outdated. Can’t imagine they would pass up Edmonton to have it in Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad