Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects Thread 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
It's usually attended by a lot of scouts looking to check in on higher ranked Junior A and USHL players.
IIRC a few years ago it was Ehlers vs Connor in the final. I think this was before the draft so we were really only watching Ehlers at the time

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
IIRC a few years ago it was Ehlers vs Connor in the final. I think this was before the draft so we were really only watching Ehlers at the time

Yeah Ehlers played for Denmark there. I think the Swiss and Russians also send a team.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
He is very good in his own end but if he isn't able to put up points he likely only turns into at best a good defensive number 4 dmen whereas if his offense develops he has 2/3 upside imo.
That is about what we need right now.

Let's hope his career trajectory is something close to Josh Manson's. A very, very effective player who doesn't put up points. Also reminds me of some former Jet...

Reactions: kellhunter

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That is about what we need right now.

Let's hope his career trajectory is something close to Josh Manson's. A very, very effective player who doesn't put up points. Also reminds me of some former Jet...

We could use our Adam Lowry version on Defence (I like the Josh Manson comp). Someone who is really good at shutting down the other teams best while tilting the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: probablywrongbut

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
All the better if Samberg doesn't score. I mean a great shutdown player who doesn't score so is cheap is even more exciting.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That's the thing that is great about Wong. He has offence and he can deliver some huge hits. His play style is what every team wants. He plays on that edge but like every guy that plays on that edge he will cross it from time to time. I don't mind having players like him around but you have to be prepared for the inevitable backlash when he does cross that line. I'm sure Chevy and Mo would love to see this kid make the show but is our fan base prepared for that kind of player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad