Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects Thread 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Virtanen made team Finland, so we have 3 prospects to cheer for in Gustafsson, Samberg and Virtanen.

This has to be the most yawn inducing group of prospects at the WJC that I can recall. Virtanen: bust. Gustafsson: Well, I guess you can never have too many prospects with bottom 6 potential. What are we up to now? 20? :sarcasm: Samberg not showing much offense in his second year. A Glover by another mother?

Of course, we could be cheering on Joe Veleno but... :deadhorse

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This has to be the most yawn inducing group of prospects at the WJC that I can recall. Virtanen: bust. Gustafsson: Well, I guess you can never have too many prospects with bottom 6 potential. What are we up to now? 20? :sarcasm: Samberg not showing much offense in his second year. A Glover by another mother?

Of course, we could be cheering on Joe Veleno but... :deadhorse
KVes would have dominated this tournament.

Don't let the numbers fool you, Samberg is the real deal. Watch him carefully.

Reactions: Channelcat

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
ves isn't a very good prospect. "don't let the numbers fool you" would very much apply to him as well

he may be the best we have, but that isn't saying a whole lot. the cupboards are looking pretty bare again

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
ves isn't a very good prospect. "don't let the numbers fool you" would very much apply to him as well

he may be the best we have, but that isn't saying a whole lot. the cupboards are looking pretty bare again

Vesalainen is a blue chip prospect.

The Jets dont have the high end depth in the prospect pool as they have had in the past but there’s some guys there. Gawanke, Kovacevic, Samberg and Chisholm are all solid B/C level guys.

Reactions: Gil Fisher

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Vesalainen is a blue chip prospect.

The Jets dont have the high end depth in the prospect pool as they have had in the past but there’s some guys there. Gawanke, Kovacevic, Samberg and Chisholm are all solid B/C level guys.

Gustafsson too.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
If we returned to the suckage era we could start to stock up on prospects again. Now, where is the eye roll emoji?

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I think you're dead wrong about KVes.

Also, Samberg is a very good prospect. Apeton looks okay, too.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think you're dead wrong about KVes.

Also, Samberg is a very good prospect. Apeton looks okay, too.
Kves does nothing but deliver in every league. He’ll be here next year and fit right in. Samberg is good and let’s not forget about Niku and Stanley, they may just be our 2 and 3 LHDs in a few years behind jmo.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
While I agree that our prospect depth is nowhere near what it once was, let’s remember that we have the youngest team in the NHL and we are atop the western division standings in spite of that.
I think millions of fans across North America would gladly change positions with us if they could.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
My god Samberg is a beast
He was outstanding. Great gaps. Covers a huge amount of ice and closes out offense with physical play and a good stick. His passing was outstanding. Two great breakaway passes from his own faceoff dot area, and a wonderful pass to an open forward at the front of the net. He looks like he's going to be a really good one. Top pairing D potential, in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad