Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects Thread 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That’s what I thought I remembered.

That would be a really nice one two punch at some point. They both skate and transition the puck very well and could play off each other’s strengths. Good luck forechecking that pair when they are in their prime.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
With Trouba likely gone we got
Jmo Buff
Then you look at
Kuli, Niku, Samberg, Stanley, Poolman

Trouba is killin me. We could run
Jmo Trouba
Niku Buff
Samberg Poolman

Raw, young but solid going forward. But it’s obvious Myers will resign with Trouba gone as we need another RHD vet.

Reactions: ps241

Whileee

May 29, 2010
With Trouba likely gone we got
Jmo Buff
Then you look at
Kuli, Niku, Samberg, Stanley, Poolman

Trouba is killin me. We could run
Jmo Trouba
Niku Buff
Samberg Poolman

Raw, young but solid going forward. But it’s obvious Myers will resign with Trouba gone as we need another RHD vet.
Probably get a good young D or D prospect if they trade Trouba, adding to the mix.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
I think one would have to watch how Samberg is deployed and who else is in his D-Corps on his college team to understand why he has comparable point totals to Glover.

Perunovich=Buff
Samberg=Morrissey

Don't take these literally just think of it as in terms of roles on their teams the past couple seasons.

And after watching him a couple times the past two seasons and today I hope I never have to read a Glover comparison again.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That was my thought, too. He can be to Buff what Morrissey is to Trouba.
Samberg already makes passes that Chiarot has never made. He seems physically strong enough, maintains good gaps, and is solid without the puck. He's closer to the NHL than many might think...

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Based on my viewing, neither Virtanen nor Gustafsson were too impressive. SV showed a couple of flashes of skill, but they did not amount to anything. Despite Sweden's dominance, I only even noticed Gus a couple of times. A strong kid.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Based on my viewing, neither Virtanen nor Gustafsson were too impressive. SV showed a couple of flashes of skill, but they did not amount to anything. Despite Sweden's dominance, I only even noticed Gus a couple of times. A strong kid.
Yea, I don't see Virtanen as much of a prospect for us, but Gustafsson does have a little somethin, somethin that might give him a chance. Full 200 foot game, strong defensively and seems to come out of puck battles with the puck more often than not. I thought he was a center, but playing wing at the moment.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I figure it’ll be a centre maybe they target. I wonder what Trouba gets us without an extension along with trade? Or with Extension?
I think any real return on Trouba will need to involve him negotiating his next contract beforehand. An unsigned Trouba going into his arb hearing or post arbitration with a 1 year deal will be a pure rental and the return would match this. At this point I think a trade becomes futures heavy.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think any real return on Trouba will need to involve him negotiating his next contract beforehand. An unsigned Trouba going into his arb hearing or post arbitration with a 1 year deal will be a pure rental and the return would match this. At this point I think a trade becomes futures heavy.

My fear/suspicion is KO manipulates the trade process by saying they'll only discuss extention with team X, thereby controlling where his client plays.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
And with another round of Trouba discussion and the approaching post limit, this one comes to a close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad