Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects Thread 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I've always seen him as a guy that can play with a bit of an edge. Being a tough Dman to play against that can play physical at the right times is an asset.

Yes, I didn't say anything else. Chiarot is not lacking in that aspect of the game.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup. Encouraging. But that's all.

It has always been about mobility and defensive decision making. I think they overlap. Poor mobility leads to poor decisions because you have less 'time and space'. If he develops the mobility we will see how he applies it to the rest of his game.

Meanwhile, 5 pts in 24 games in the AHL doesn't suggest any amount of offence in the NHL.
I wouldn't put any real weight on the offence at this point. Stanley knows he needs to play within himself while he grows his game. If he starts adding offense as he improves in his areas of need that will be very encouraging as I think he has real good instincts in the offensive zone.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wouldn't put any real weight on the offence at this point. Stanley knows he needs to play within himself while he grows his game. If he starts adding offense as he improves in his areas of need that will be very encouraging as I think he has real good instincts in the offensive zone.

Agree.
But there is no evidence so far to suggest any more offence than what we get from Chiarot right now. And I won't mind a bit if that is all the offence we get from him if he can be good in the D zone. If he can develop to push Chiarot down and be a 5/6 D man instead of Chiarot's 6/7 it is an improvement to the team. I'll be quite happy with that.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agree.
But there is no evidence so far to suggest any more offence than what we get from Chiarot right now. And I won't mind a bit if that is all the offence we get from him if he can be good in the D zone. If he can develop to push Chiarot down and be a 5/6 D man instead of Chiarot's 6/7 it is an improvement to the team. I'll be quite happy with that.
That is fair. As long as we see steady improvement a 5/6 defenseman isn't an unreasonable projection.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yup. Encouraging. But that's all.

It has always been about mobility and defensive decision making. I think they overlap. Poor mobility leads to poor decisions because you have less 'time and space'. If he develops the mobility we will see how he applies it to the rest of his game.

Meanwhile, 5 pts in 24 games in the AHL doesn't suggest any amount of offence in the NHL.

Yea to qualify my “enthusiasm” let me set my reference point. I have upgraded myself to the point of being pulled off suicide watch.

I have thought for a while that Stanley will get to 100 NHL in the Jets organization no matter what. This is bolstered by the fact Lemieux is in the NHL currently. Since Logan is going to be getting reps I have chosen to view his progression under the lense of can he survive on the bottom pair. I am starting to see signs that this may not be as bad as I originally thought it would be.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yea to qualify my “enthusiasm” let me set my reference point. I have upgraded myself to the point of being pulled off suicide watch.

I have thought for a while that Stanley will get to 100 NHL in the Jets organization no matter what. This is bolstered by the fact Lemieux is in the NHL currently. Since Logan is going to be getting reps I have chosen to view his progression under the lense of can he survive on the bottom pair. I am starting to see signs that this may not be as bad as I originally thought it would be.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, I am off suicide watch too. :laugh: But they still won't let me have a belt or shoelaces - just in case.

Reactions: ps241

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Sweden had a world Junior exhibition game against Russia yesterday, Gustafsson had a shorthanded assist in a 4-2 win.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Sweden had a world Junior exhibition game against Russia yesterday, Gustafsson had a shorthanded assist in a 4-2 win.

Gustafsson's assist was pretty. He's the one with all the dangles on the last goal and then another player taps in the rebound.

Gustafsson is #27, and the clip of his shorthanded assist starts at coincidentally 0:27. Lucas Elvenes is the one who dangles in 3v3 at the end.

Reactions: Atoyot

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Gustafsson is #27, and the clip of his shorthanded assist starts at coincidentally 0:27. Lucas Elvenes is the one who dangles in 3v3 at the end.
Thanks for the correction! I was just matching order of goals to the boxscore so either they switched the order in the highlights or I misremembered the boxscore order. My bad in any case!

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Samberg not in US roster tonight. Did i miss the news of him not making the team or what's the case here?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Samberg not in US roster tonight. Did i miss the news of him not making the team or what's the case here?

USA is still making cuts so a lot of guarantees aren't on the team. Typically Canada still has cuts to be made but the team is already picked.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Virtanen doesn't look out of place in the CAN-FIN game, which is good considering the level of talent in the game. Made a sweet feed to Ylonen but he missed the net.

Apparently Tolvanen isn't on their PP1 unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad