The Players' Tribune: Winnipeg is Good by Patrik Laine

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Love Laine now because you can tell hes the ultimate bro.

He has to carry Ehlers. I hope he pays him for the carries.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
I love Amish Paradise, kid's a gem.

AmishParadise.jpg

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I wonder how much team and player perception is now based on video games... I had NHL when Jagr played for the caps and he was sooooo sloowwww and I started to dislike the player. Probably plenty of players/teams with fans based on it. Never thought of that.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Love this article so much. It's generational. ;)

Laine is hilarious and I love how much he clearly loves the game, the fans and the Peg. You got a long career here man. SO glad to have you :D

Reactions: Moon Man

mtlmonk

Apr 21, 2014
Awesome read!

If you have time, read down, there's Bryz doing interviews at the All-Star...pretty funny!

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
So he met Barkov during the World Cup in 2016? It's a pity they didn't get to meet during the IIHF Worlds in Russia.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Anyone want to take a shot at guessing what his, Ehlers’, Barkov’s, and Ovi’s potential usernames would be?
I actually do play online games with Ovi, and can tell you his name is xSniperKid420x69x666x. He's pretty 1337

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Great article.

So if I understand correctly Winnipeg is good because his ISP has provided him with great bandwidth, and the fans are loud...really loud...and have white shirts?

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This is amazing. He was literally just like "f*** it, here's my stream of consciousness". Really funny.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Great article.

So if I understand correctly Winnipeg is good because his ISP has provided him with great bandwidth, and the fans are loud...really loud...and have white shirts?
Everyone who lives here really cares about one another, that’s what stands out to me. We are one group, all of us. Everybody is your neighbor.

That too.

Reactions: Puckatron 3000

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Like most cities with a bad rap, once someone actually goes there and experiences the city they will see how wrong they were. I grew up in Hamilton, and now live in Windsor (both cities with less than stellar reputations from outsiders) - I always shake my head when I see people bash cities like Edmonton and Winnipeg when they've obviously never been.

Like wise Toronto and especially Vancouver are not as great as they seem lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad