The Players' Tribune: Winnipeg is Good by Patrik Laine

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Recently, my cousin was visiting. He’s growing out his beard and asked me to grow mine out too. So I was like, O.K. Now the guys in the room are telling me I look like I’m Amish. I didn’t get it at first. Had to Google it.

hahahahah This is really the best article ever.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
"Everyone was saying I should be happy with how I played and stuff. But, like, I don’t care about that. I want to win. That’s is the only reason I play hockey — or even CoD. I want to beat you. We didn’t do that enough last year. Now we’re winning, and I’m loving it and so is the city."

Man I love this quote!

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Thread title should say the article title. I almost didn't bother opening the thread, and might have missed out. It's a good article (although a bit childish).

Man, I love the Players Tribune!

Best line: "And I remember every goal [from my rookie season]. Like, I’m not kidding. I can tell you who got the primary assist, secondary assist, who I scored on, what the situation was … all that stuff. For all 36 goals."

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Thread title should say the article title. I almost didn't bother opening the thread, and might have missed out. It's a good article (although a bit childish).

Man, I love the Players Tribune!

They went pretty hard with the young kid having fun angle. Not bad, but bordering on oversell.

Reactions: iSophagus

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
"Other than destroying Nik Ehlers in Call of Duty, I think the best thing to happen to me last year was falling in love with Winnipeg.

I mean, I heard some guys talking bad about the city and that Winnipeg was not a good place. What do they know? I love Winnipeg. This is my home. These are my people now. I play for them. It’s a great, great city. Everyone who lives here really cares about one another, that’s what stands out to me. We are one group, all of us. Everybody is your neighbor."

Ooooof. After years and years and years of being told that players will never want to play in Winnipeg, this was a nice little lift up.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Fun read, I love the articles that are clearly not ghost-written (even if there may have been a helping hand, you can trust this pretty much be legit)!

Nice shoutout to my boy Helly too!

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
"Our fans give us so much confidence.
And I know that they get even louder in the spring. I remember I was on YouTube the year before I was drafted, and I found this video — “The Return of The Winnipeg WhiteOut.”
It was really cool. Like, I got … what are they called … the goose pimples?"

There's a few of these gems in there. First time I laughed really hard at one of these.

Reactions: JohnStaymoose

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Fun read, I love the articles that are clearly not ghost-written (even if there may have been a helping hand, you can trust this pretty much be legit)!

Nice shoutout to my boy Helly too!
"This year, I know I score much less on him in practice. So … he must be better then, right? I am not worse … right?"

I got a good laugh out of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad