The Players' Tribune: Winnipeg is Good by Patrik Laine

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Not sure if you're laughing at the terminology because you're only familiar with goose bumps, so I looked it up: goose pimples seems to be the British term, goose bumps is the North American term, goose flesh is the original term.

Knowledge is power.

Interesting. In Finnish we say 'kananlihalla', which is literally chicken flesh. No wonder Patrik was confused!

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
No one *****ed about it. They were asked a dumb question and gave silly answers. The only one's who *****ed about anything were the Jets media and some of their fans.
That was unbelievably embarrassing. We live in such a sh***y world you can't joke about anything without anyone getting offended. Even in one of the interviews the guy was like, "Oh I'm supposed to say Winnipeg." Like god forbid we have some trash talking before the game. Such a sad society we live in that things like this have to stop.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
You want NHL players write articles themselves? You like pain when you read?

Apparently he didn’t write any of it at all. He just had an interview/ they wrote it all. He hasn’t even read it lol

What a farce

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Got Laine's autograph at the game last night! Was pretty cool to go on the ice and meet some of the players

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Great to see this from Laine. I know Winnipeg gets a bit of flak because of the weather there but those fans are something else. Getting the NHL back to that city was such a great thing for sure.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Very hard to not like Laine, good kid. Very good sense of humour as well

Reactions: Moon Man

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Isn't this the way all of these articles are written? Just because Laine admitted he didn't personally write it himself doesn't mean he didn't say those things.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure if you're laughing at the terminology because you're only familiar with goose bumps, so I looked it up: goose pimples seems to be the British term, goose bumps is the North American term, goose flesh is the original term.

Knowledge is power.

I never heard “goose bumps” as a Winnipegger. Only “goose pimples”.

It’s based on what he said to an interviewer, so I don’t see what the problem is. English isn’t his first language so I don’t think he can be expected to write autobiographical articles and publish them without a ghost-writer’s help.

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

ThewThew

Oct 14, 2017

Knowledge is power.
Wow i did not know that thank you for that information. But I’m sure he didn’t know that either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad