The Players' Tribune: Winnipeg is Good by Patrik Laine

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
And then there was Blake. And the first time I was on the ice with him … he blew me away. He was so good. I thought, O.K., this guy is the superstar of the team. He is the big deal. I assumed he was like the biggest star in the NHL. But when we started going on the road and people weren’t really talking about him. Even in Winnipeg he doesn’t get that much attention. I don’t get it. He’s as good as anyone in the league.

This. Blake Wheeler.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
He reminds me a bit of @Lepardi. Must be the Tampere connection.

I'd like to mention a few things here. First: Laine played for a team from Mouhijärvi here in Finland. Tuukka Rask actually played for Tampere. That's a major difference. Second: Laine is from Tesoma. I've never lived there and I pray to god I never will. When Laine talks about all the people who told him that Winnipeg is not a good place, you have to take into account that those people probaly never lived in Tesoma either. Hence their definition of a "good place" might be very different from Laine's.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
No one wonder's why. Other fans take the bait constantly from a handful of Leaf fan trolls (like that guy) and then complain about all of them.

Maybe so. However, this time that comment was totally unwarranted in every way possible. The Article gives good wibes for every true Hockey fan (not only for Finns and Winnipeggers) and doesn't comment anything even remotely related to Toronto. Patrik's English is not yet that strong either, you know, totally regardless of whom wrote the stuff from interview, or what was it's intended primary target audience.

That Leafs guy go hitting under belt for only sake of going under belt. L-O-W!

Reactions: Plural

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
How can you not be a fan of the Jets?

They're in our division but I still love it when they come to St Louis. Always fun to watch.

NHL needs to address the problems they have in media recognition. Too good of a team not to be spotlighted.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Christ .. these articles just get better and better. This was fantastic.

My highlights:

- "I got .. what do you call them .. goose pimples?" LOL Thats amazing.
- "my dad was a beer league-er so he didnt help much." Awesome shade throwing at the old man :)

Seems like a genuinely good dude. Great article. Fantastic player.

Reactions: Jets 31

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Stay on topic. If someone is breaking the rules report them, do not reply.

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
If that's what Lane's regular season beard, what would his playoff beard look like?

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
They just played an interview with Ehlers here and he says that Laine isn't quite telling the truth about who wins more CoD matches! :laugh:

He also said he agrees with Laine about the city and that's why he signed long-term. :D

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
They just played an interview with Ehlers here and he says that Laine isn't quite telling the truth about who wins more CoD matches! :laugh:

He also said he agrees with Laine about the city and that's why he signed long-term. :D

Does Trouba play CoD, maybe Laine and Ehlers can let him win a few until he signs. Then BAM! Double generational CoD ass kickings in stereo!

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Life imitating art as it seems he and Ehlers bring their f****** toys with them on the road!

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Hated laine cause of all the Matthews vs laine crap I took from Finnish posters and such when I knew I was right... but this article really makes me like him lmao, he’s a funny dude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad