The Players' Tribune: Winnipeg is Good by Patrik Laine

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That was unbelievably embarrassing. We live in such a sh***y world you can't joke about anything without anyone getting offended. Even in one of the interviews the guy was like, "Oh I'm supposed to say Winnipeg." Like god forbid we have some trash talking before the game. Such a sad society we live in that things like this have to stop.
They were set up by a social media group that isn't even an official part of the Sharka org. They probably shouldn't have even answered it but their responses were benign and trolling at best. It's funny when it's referred to in the context of an article like this where Laine's obviously joking, but anyone who took what Braun and Hertl said personally are getting mad for no reason.

Reactions: jetsforever

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Apparently he didn’t write any of it at all. He just had an interview/ they wrote it all. He hasn’t even read it lol

What a farce

I don't know, you kind of can't help getting the mental image of him dictating it. Not writing obviously, what with his hands being full with a controller.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Finally got around to reading.

Winnipeg is good by Patrik Laine.

That was terrific. Thanks for sharing. If you liked him before, you will love him now. Well done. Really speaks to what a fine young man he is, and a great representative of the NHL. #beaut

Reactions: antiqueslivers

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
latest

This is all I could think about when I read the title.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Wow i did not know that thank you for that information. But I’m sure he didn’t know that either.

Laine only knows the finnish version of the saying (chicked flesh), swedish version of it (goose skin) and probably learned the older English version of the saying in school. Though it is a disgrace he hasn't picked up more American English while living there. It's like Saku Koivu not speaking french all over again, just with a different language and different player.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Laine only knows the finnish version of the saying (chicked flesh), swedish version of it (goose skin) and probably learned the older English version of the saying in school. Though it is a disgrace he hasn't picked up more American English while living there. It's like Saku Koivu not speaking french all over again, just with a different language and different player.
The interviewer probably had as much fun as the readers now and decided to include it in.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
What's with the crying that he didn't write it? Some people... good read though

No one's crying. But it does illustrate pretty much how fake news works. If someone wants to believe it they will. So many people gushing over Laine now that they've read what pretty much amounts to an exercise orchestrated by his agent and PR team. Arrange a short interview and have someone else write a gushy article yet claim he wrote it.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Everyone who lives here really cares about one another, that’s what stands out to me. We are one group, all of us. Everybody is your neighbor.

That too.

I lived in Winnipeg for a long time. I lived in a Minneapolis suburb for a long time and also a suburb of DC for a long time. I don't notice anything different in terms of the "everybody is your neighbor" feel between any of those 3 places.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I lived in Winnipeg for a long time. I lived in a Minneapolis suburb for a long time and also a suburb of DC for a long time. I don't notice anything different in terms of the "everybody is your neighbor" feel between any of those 3 places.
Yeah, he's probably lying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad