The Players' Tribune: Winnipeg is Good by Patrik Laine

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Thread title should say the article title. I almost didn't bother opening the thread, and might have missed out. It's a good article (although a bit childish).

Man, I love the Players Tribune!

Best line: "And I remember every goal [from my rookie season]. Like, I’m not kidding. I can tell you who got the primary assist, secondary assist, who I scored on, what the situation was … all that stuff. For all 36 goals."

If a mod can change it, go ahead and edit the title. The title of the article is maybe the best part. "Winnipeg is good."

Reactions: iSophagus

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Ok this is pretty funny. Expected the normal 'pretend to laugh' jokes that no one gets but gives pity laughs to

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
If a mod can change it, go ahead and edit the title. The title of the article is maybe the best part. "Winnipeg is good."

Can't you change it? Not saying you should, just wondering if it's possible as thread starter.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Such a kid still, very classy. We're so lucky to win a lottery ticket and land him. Hockey and CoD , Ovie do you play? Ha-ha.
"It's cold and dark in here and no Wi-Fi"
Awesome, thank you Patty

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
He has the same type of sarcasm I have, love the jabs at the shark-players

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This is great. I guess gaming is big in Finland. Somewhat related but I put an ad in Edmonton Kijiji last year to trade my copy of GTA V for Dark Souls 3. I got a reply and met the guy at his apartment building to make the trade. I ended up trading games with Puljujarvi.

Nov 24, 2006
This was a great read.

"So, yes. I live with my mom.

But, like, be honest … you would live with your mom if you could, too.

Why would you want to cook your own food?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Guardian17

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
"Other than destroying Nik Ehlers in Call of Duty, I think the best thing to happen to me last year was falling in love with Winnipeg.

I mean, I heard some guys talking bad about the city and that Winnipeg was not a good place. What do they know? I love Winnipeg. This is my home. These are my people now. I play for them. It’s a great, great city. Everyone who lives here really cares about one another, that’s what stands out to me. We are one group, all of us. Everybody is your neighbor."

Ooooof. After years and years and years of being told that players will never want to play in Winnipeg, this was a nice little lift up.
I mean, how much different is Finland from Winnipeg? Probably not much

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Best article by far actually sounds like Laine wrote it what a beauty!

Reactions: Zaddy

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
When you read he still lives with his mom, then you remember the kids only 19 years old. Yes most hockey players live on their own early but I think it's great his parents were willing to be apart and his mom moving over with him to help him transition. Probably keeps him more grounded than being a 19 year old millionaire on his own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad