Confirmed with Link: Wings trade Alec Regula for Brendan Perlini

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
This team has no secondary scoring and you're saying we don't need young wingers? If not for Fabbri, this team wouldn't have won any games in the last 12.

Some of them pan out, some of them don't. The team hasn't given up any significant assets to acquire them.

I don't see anything in Perlini that says he's gonna pan out though. He's just a little slow on the shot with no placement, he needs to work on that. Can't play in the NHL if he can't elevate his shots, heck even Forehand Luke managed to do that last game.

Yeah, I'm not counting a 12-game stretch as the be all and end all.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
As someone who is a good few years past being millenial, I'd like to defend millennials, who while undoubtedly influenced by the instant hit society they have been birthed into, not only did they not create or perpetuate it, but also, their different relationship with information also makes them less patient when looking at rabid injustice, the destruction of our natural resources, sexual abuse etc etc. Blaming differences of opinion or approach on generational differences ignores the fact that every generation in history has been populated by massive numbers of people with a net negative on the human race.

No, they are undoubtedly influenced by percieved obsolescence, 24 hour corporate media, and a wantonness to enjoy a similar standard of life to those that came before them. Sooooo... they are governed exactly as the rest of us.

What "relationship with information" did the generations prior to millennials have when they gave corporations and capital interest the ability to govern themselves and grow the largest wealth gap in human history? Were they too busy lining up at Chick-fil-A to buy heterosexual chicken sandwiches? Maybe they were too busy going to church to worship imaginary entities... whatever it was, they were MIA when the middle class was gutted. Plus, this assertion that analytic ability is age restricted, or that the geriatric have dominion over information, is rubbish. Your generation is, on average, far less educated. As a result, one might assume that they are far less able to sort through BS... so if your claim were true it would be the opposite.

"Instant hit society" is relative. You're almoat almost certainly white, a man, and older than those you flame on... but that doesn't mean everyone is an old white dude. Venture outside of your normal 'sources of information' (using that term as loosely as one can) and you might begin to see what faces non-white/male folks.

Your comment is tailored to become part of an OKBoomer meme, not going to be me, but it's ripe for the plucking.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah, I'm not counting a 12-game stretch as the be all and end all.
You don't think Fabbri has long term value? The second line looks completely different with him in the mix. He can shoot, which is something this team still doesn't have enough of.

He's obviously got talent, as long as his knee holds up that trade was a steal.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
You don't think Fabbri has long term value? The second line looks completely different with him in the mix. He can shoot, which is something this team still doesn't have enough of.

I think Fabbri should be a core piece going forward. As we get better I feel he could be a quality second liner putting up 50-60 points a season

Getting him for essentially nothing really helps make up for missing on the Svechnikov pick (not that it’s entirely Svech’s fault)

Reactions: Electric Eric

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
This team has no secondary scoring and you're saying we don't need young wingers? If not for Fabbri, this team wouldn't have won any games in the last 12.

Some of them pan out, some of them don't. The team hasn't given up any significant assets to acquire them.

I don't see anything in Perlini that says he's gonna pan out though. He's just a little slow on the shot with no placement, he needs to work on that. Can't play in the NHL if he can't elevate his shots, heck even Forehand Luke managed to do that last game.

If you have only watched him 10-12 games with only the DRWs then I can understand your opinion based on your very limited viewings.

If you watched some of his previous games where he did have a blazing quick shots, precision shot placement and high octane offense, then you might think, "hey this kid might be a late bloomer like most other big bodied players" ala Franzen.

But yeah, since you haven't watch him before his 12 game stint with Detroit (the offense black hole of a hockey team), then I totally get your viewing of him with no-to-little substance.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Don’t think he has much to offer long term to this team. Right now as it stands, he’s nothing more than a warm body holding a place until one of our prospects can fill it. Same goes for Erne. I was really happy when they got Erne, but so far he’s been pretty lousy. He offers more than Perlini with his physicality, but I would much rather have Gio Smith up with the club.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Im not writing him off yet. I think Perlini has looked okay, he is quick and he uses his speed to his advantage pretty well on the forecheck at times. Of course some points would be nice, but thats tough to do while in our bottom 6.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I think Fabbri should be a core piece going forward. As we get better I feel he could be a quality second liner putting up 50-60 points a season

Getting him for essentially nothing really helps make up for missing on the Svechnikov pick (not that it’s entirely Svech’s fault)
It's a joke that people are saying we missed on Svech

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
No, they are undoubtedly influenced by percieved obsolescence, 24 hour corporate media, and a wantonness to enjoy a similar standard of life to those that came before them. Sooooo... they are governed exactly as the rest of us.

What "relationship with information" did the generations prior to millennials have when they gave corporations and capital interest the ability to govern themselves and grow the largest wealth gap in human history? Were they too busy lining up at Chick-fil-A to buy heterosexual chicken sandwiches? Maybe they were too busy going to church to worship imaginary entities... whatever it was, they were MIA when the middle class was gutted. Plus, this assertion that analytic ability is age restricted, or that the geriatric have dominion over information, is rubbish. Your generation is, on average, far less educated. As a result, one might assume that they are far less able to sort through BS... so if your claim were true it would be the opposite.

"Instant hit society" is relative. You're almoat almost certainly white, a man, and older than those you flame on... but that doesn't mean everyone is an old white dude. Venture outside of your normal 'sources of information' (using that term as loosely as one can) and you might begin to see what faces non-white/male folks.

Your comment is tailored to become part of an OKBoomer meme, not going to be me, but it's ripe for the plucking.

1- the post was defending millenials from the unfair criticism of another poster, so you've completely misread the intention and tone of my post.
2 - re relationship with information - your comments are entirely harmonious with the point I was making, which is that millennials having grown up with access to information beyond just the spoon fed limited options, process things quicker, look wider for information, demand the addressing of injustice sooner, and are less likely to make mistakes of the generation before them
3 - I'm not flaming on anyone, except perhaps the generation very slightly older than mysefl, who I feel have massively betrayed the hopes and idealism of some of the generation before them who tried to transform the world for the better in the face of absolute horror.
4 - I'm not white. I'm not old. I don't remotely believe that any generation prior is as well informed than the current one.
5 - I live in the most multicultural city in the world, my 'sources of information' are broader than 95% of society, and more than half of my friends are not of the land of my birth, and are female. Plus I'm well-travelled, work with global colleagues, have sacrificed my personal wealth for the benefit those less fortunate
6 - I'm not a Boomer, so feel free to meme away - if you want to make one for me, try and find something that fits a pro-youth mixed race internationalist artist and charity worker.

In short every single interpretation of my post and assumption made about me is almost 100% inaccurate :DD

Reactions: opivy and avssuc

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London

Preach! Apart from the top line and Hronek and Seider, he is the most positive thing about the wings this year

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If you have only watched him 10-12 games with only the DRWs then I can understand your opinion based on your very limited viewings.

If you watched some of his previous games where he did have a blazing quick shots, precision shot placement and high octane offense, then you might think, "hey this kid might be a late bloomer like most other big bodied players" ala Franzen.

But yeah, since you haven't watch him before his 12 game stint with Detroit (the offense black hole of a hockey team), then I totally get your viewing of him with no-to-little substance.
TBH, yeah I'm judging him based on his Wings games, you can't really judge complete games based on highlights. If you watch LGD highlights for this season, you'd think he has offensive skills, his last 2 goals were pretty sweet.

It's not like Perlini had awesome stats with his previous teams, 3 assists in 46 games playing with decent linemates. He's got benched by 2 losing teams this season. What bothers me the most is that he doesn't seem to understand the cycle at all.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
It's a joke that people are saying we missed on Svech
How so? Relative to his peers accomplishment, he seems to be a very mediocre pick who likely wouldn’t go top 30 in a redraft at this point.

Again, it’s not entirely his fault, but look at the guys drafted in his general area. Svech is undoubtedly one of the lesser value picks in that range

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
How so? Relative to his peers accomplishment, he seems to be a very mediocre pick who likely wouldn’t go top 30 in a redraft at this point.

Again, it’s not entirely his fault, but look at the guys drafted in his general area. Svech is undoubtedly one of the lesser value picks in that range

Because he's been hurt.
You don't write a guy off as mediocre right now.
Especially a guy who has signalled good things when he's been in Detroit.

Svech, with worse linemates, has about the same CF as Zadina.
A better CF% than Perlini, Fabbri and Hirose and G. Smith.

He had 13.9 shots per 60.
Zadina 8.26
Perlini 7.58
Smith 6.1
Erne 6.03

Solid underlying numbers last year too.

So you have Svechnikov, a former first round pick/

His D+1 numbers were only slightly better than his Draft year numbers.
But then he goes to the AHL and goes 20-30-51 in D+2.

Anthony Mantha, at the same age, went like 15-18-33 or something in Grand Rapids.

So far so good.
Then he has awful sophomore year 7-26-33.
But during that call up he goes 2-2-4 in Detroit with solid underlying numbers. And by the eyeball test, he looked a lot better than a guy struggling so badly in GR>

And then he gets hurt.

So now he's a mediocre pick?

I don't man. I've had issues with his skating and knee surgery didn't help.
But i see a guy who's strong and has skill and a shot. I cannot understand why he's in GR while these castoffs from other teams are playing in front of him.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
TBH, yeah I'm judging him based on his Wings games, you can't really judge complete games based on highlights. If you watch LGD highlights for this season, you'd think he has offensive skills, his last 2 goals were pretty sweet.

It's not like Perlini had awesome stats with his previous teams, 3 assists in 46 games playing with decent linemates. He's got benched by 2 losing teams this season. What bothers me the most is that he doesn't seem to understand the cycle at all.

He needs to get stronger and build his confidence. I'm not writing him off yet of becoming a useful 3rd line scoring winger.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He needs to get stronger and build his confidence. I'm not writing him off yet of becoming a useful 3rd line scoring winger.
In order to be an effective 3rd liner, he needs to change his game. Learn how to cycle the puck instead of floating towards the slot and hoping a teammate gains possession and passes the puck. His one good play this season was along the half board, caught SJ chasing the puck and fed Hirose. Need more of that. He's got size and decent skating, he needs to be the guy digging the puck out instead of being the passenger. He doesn't shoot well enough to be the shooter.

His best case scenario is Brett Connolly like trajectory, where he figures out his game on the 3rd line somewhere and learns that it takes hard work to score in the NHL. But it's hard to change your game in the NHL, so he probably needs time in the AHL. He can't whine and get traded anymore, he's on the worst NHL team. Either he decides to change his game, or he's out of the league.

Reactions: The Wizard of Oz

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
im thinking that when 19 makes trades for perlinis and ernes he realizes they wont produce right away . and that theyre guys with high level physical tools that need further development which might lead to them being solid contributers down the road . and mean while it dont matter if were losing today anyway

Reactions: opivy and lomekian

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
1- the post was defending millenials from the unfair criticism of another poster, so you've completely misread the intention and tone of my post.
2 - re relationship with information - your comments are entirely harmonious with the point I was making, which is that millennials having grown up with access to information beyond just the spoon fed limited options, process things quicker, look wider for information, demand the addressing of injustice sooner, and are less likely to make mistakes of the generation before them
3 - I'm not flaming on anyone, except perhaps the generation very slightly older than mysefl, who I feel have massively betrayed the hopes and idealism of some of the generation before them who tried to transform the world for the better in the face of absolute horror.
4 - I'm not white. I'm not old. I don't remotely believe that any generation prior is as well informed than the current one.
5 - I live in the most multicultural city in the world, my 'sources of information' are broader than 95% of society, and more than half of my friends are not of the land of my birth, and are female. Plus I'm well-travelled, work with global colleagues, have sacrificed my personal wealth for the benefit those less fortunate
6 - I'm not a Boomer, so feel free to meme away - if you want to make one for me, try and find something that fits a pro-youth mixed race internationalist artist and charity worker.

In short every single interpretation of my post and assumption made about me is almost 100% inaccurate :DD

My bad, context is key. People post some crazy stuff around these parts, but it was my fault for being lazy.

Reactions: lomekian

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
im thinking that when 19 makes trades for perlinis and ernes he realizes they wont produce right away . and that theyre guys with high level physical tools that need further development which might lead to them being solid contributers down the road . and mean while it dont matter if were losing today anyway
There's not producing right away, and then there's what we've seen all season long from these two (and Nielsen/Ehn/Abdelkader/Helm). They literally cannot produce at the NHL level in any shape whatsoever.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
There's not producing right away, and then there's what we've seen all season long from these two (and Nielsen/Ehn/Abdelkader/Helm). They literally cannot produce at the NHL level in any shape whatsoever.

Anyone else miss Rasmussen? I enjoyed watching him last year at times, I feel like he's so forgotten in terms of our future and also why last year was more enjoyable to watch. Everyone worries about Seider, Veleno and Zadina. We have a 6 foot 6, potential center, top 10 pick, who is 20 years old.

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Anyone else miss Rasmussen? I enjoyed watching him last year at times, I feel like he's so forgotten in terms of our future and also why last year was more enjoyable to watch. Everyone worries about Seider, Veleno and Zadina. We have a 6 foot 6, potential center, top 10 pick, who is 20 years old.

Ras is injured i believe , he needs to stay down all year and work on his offense and get a ton of minutes , same as zadina

the wings suck but next year with zadina,seider,rasmussen,svechnikov and Hopefully lafraniere/byfield we should be alot more fun to watch(veleno might be added to that list but as of now i think he might be getting a 2nd year in grand rapids)

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Ras is injured i believe , he needs to stay down all year and work on his offense and get a ton of minutes , same as zadina

the wings suck but next year with zadina,seider,rasmussen,svechnikov and Hopefully lafraniere/byfield we should be alot more fun to watch(veleno might be added to that list but as of now i think he might be getting a 2nd year in grand rapids)

I was looking up his stats yesterday, and you are right. He has only played in 10 of 23 games so far this year. On a positive note, he has 9 points in those 10 games.

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Of course he is not forgotten anywhere. He is just injured.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I’m getting Mursak/Pulkkinen/Nestrasil vibes from some of these Svechnikov comments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad