Confirmed with Link: Wings trade Alec Regula for Brendan Perlini

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Im not disagreeing with you , just cant see yzerman dumping BOTH erne and perlini in the trash , much rather see all 4 you mentioned play but i think he wont give up on them completely

unless someone says here’s a 5th for perlini and takes him off our hands , maybe a team like mtl who have two 5ths and are stacked full of smurfs and cant attract free agents

Id like to see maybe helm get dealt on draft weekend as well to create another roster spot , hold on to glendening for next deadline since we’ll have trash yet again , and although i wanna see as many kids up as possible id like to see us sign someone like galchenyuk x1 and hope he can get back to 20-25 goals and hopefully ship him out on deadline day .

This trade deadline was pitiful and it’ll likely be the same unless we add a couple trade bait guys, otherwise people will have to be ready for the pain of possibly dealing away a mantha
I agree that it probably won't happen, but that is what the team needs to do. Stevie needs to admit to himself that couple of the trades didn't work out and cut bait. Fabbri was a huge win, so it's not that big of a deal.

Helm and LGD are TDL bait next season, unless someone offers up a nice deal over the summer, I don't think there's a need to deal either of them over the summer. Roster spots are easy to create on this crap roster. Mantha's not going anywhere, he's the only true scorer on this team, plus he'll be signing a long term deal over the summer.

Flip, Nemeth, and Bernie are all on expiring contracts as well. Means we're getting a bunch of 3rd to 5th rounders next season at TDL, and possibly a 2nd or two if we get lucky and a team with injuries get desperate for a D or goalie.

Buyout Abby and Nielsen at the end of next season, then we get rid of all of the old guys and start fresh. That's how a rebuild should work, especially considering how these veterans that were supposed to continue the WIngs winning culture have turned into the biggest losers on this team.

Reactions: nhlisawesome

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
No need to get upset, nothing I am saying is personal.

I'm not disagreeing that Perlini appears to be a dud, all I am saying is that its not being honest to say we "lost" until we see what Regula becomes, and from what I have read he appears to be a guy destined for the AHL/ECHL who may sniff a third pairing at some point. If you have read differently, I'd be more then happy to read any projections/opinions to the contrary.

And again, my point with Fabbri is not that he is some elite talent, but that Yzerman took 3 shots (Erne, Fabbri, Perlini) and that I am happy with the result of one working out (even if he is a third line guy). I believe to have trades like these workout, you need to fire multiple shots.

Its not that I am OK with the Perlini trade in the sense that I liked it. If I could go back in time and undo it I would since there is pretty much no chance of us winning it. But I understand the logic of the big picture, and Yzerman making these types of moves. To each their own I guess.
Im not upset or taking anything you say personal lmao. Just a difference of opinion

For me we already lost , if perlini plays a full season with 1 goal and gets released and goes to another team/league i dont know how that can be a win? If someone says lets trade grewe for sonny milano cause he has “upside” and then comes here and has the same experience as perlini while grewe is still in sweden i dont know how you cant say its a loss . We’re a rebuilding team, we shouldnt be trading 19 yr old for failed former 1sts

Yzerman can make another dozen moves and have them all fail , like i said fabbri for delarose made sense, it was a roster player with not much future on the team and easily replaced for another roster player , anyways i personally hope yzerman lays off that shit unless its for a prospect of same age coming back

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I agree that it probably won't happen, but that is what the team needs to do. Stevie needs to admit to himself that couple of the trades didn't work out and cut bait. Fabbri was a huge win, so it's not that big of a deal.

Helm and LGD are TDL bait next season, unless someone offers up a nice deal over the summer, I don't think there's a need to deal either of them over the summer. Roster spots are easy to create on this crap roster. Mantha's not going anywhere, he's the only true scorer on this team, plus he'll be signing a long term deal over the summer.

Flip, Nemeth, and Bernie are all on expiring contracts as well. Means we're getting a bunch of 3rd to 5th rounders next season at TDL, and possibly a 2nd or two if we get lucky and a team with injuries get desperate for a D or goalie.

Buyout Abby and Nielsen at the end of next season, then we get rid of all of the old guys and start fresh. That's how a rebuild should work, especially considering how these veterans that were supposed to continue the WIngs winning culture have turned into the biggest losers on this team.

I would deal them over the summer if say we’re at the draft and we really like someone in the 2nd round or early 3rd and some team offers a pick for helm/glendening. id rather luke keep for the deadline to have some asset as this year we shoulda been a big time seller and had f*** all to offer

I agree we have to get rid of nielsen/abdelkader etc... but we also have to create roster spots for svech,smith etc... Im not willing to give up on svechnikov to keep these wasted vets around

As much as it would suck to buyout abdelkader id almost consider it as wed have a ton of kids coming up next years on entry deals ... either that or hang on to him one more year and buyout nielsen now or pay 50% and trade him back to nyi and take some loser back they dont want either, hopefully we find takers for some guys at the draft

Zadina,rasmussen,svechnikov should all be up so duds gotta go

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
The delarose for fabbri deal made sense , last i checked we’re beyond stacked with 4th line guys you take away fabbri and delarose does anyone miss delarose on the team?

To me prior to the season everyone knew how shitty our defense was ans still is , its beyond brutal so it made no sense to me to give up on a 6’4 19 yr old whos an early 3rd for a guy whos been tossed around by teams just because he was a former first , by that logic we should have dealt for milano or honka and “risk it”

No one knows what regula will be or hronek etc... everyone knows though dmen develop much later than forwards and considering how awful our situation at d is id have rather kept him since again, we never know what will become of tuomisto etc... i find it hard to believe the hawks would have said no to a 5th for perlini at the time but anyways

Erne deal was just as ridiculous to me , as i stated we’re beyond stacked with bottom 6 guys on this team, so stacked someone like a rasmussen who was up all last season didnt even get a sniff .

Id much rather avoid those types of deals , we want to add something? Fine add a galchenyuk for free july 1 for one year , hope he pops 20-30 again and ship him for a few picks . We want to add a reject player send back a reject player , we want another perlini, send an ehn . No need to deal 19 yr old kids for failures

I mean Ok, Touche, you see more value than I'd say myself in Regula. I respect that you rather of given him the chance than Perlini. No harm or foul in that thought process. I think Yzerman was hoping to acquire a guy for the third line who could pop in 10-15 goals when he did this but, in hindsight, Perlini is far from that so far. He looks out of place, no chemistry with anyone line mates. He moves, but seems to be away from the puck more than near it. Idk, He just seems like a lost player to me. Maybe this is how he's always been though idk, I didn't watch much of Perlini's game as a Hawk, etc.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Im not upset or taking anything you say personal lmao. Just a difference of opinion

For me we already lost , if perlini plays a full season with 1 goal and gets released and goes to another team/league i dont know how that can be a win? If someone says lets trade grewe for sonny milano cause he has “upside” and then comes here and has the same experience as perlini while grewe is still in sweden i dont know how you cant say its a loss . We’re a rebuilding team, we shouldnt be trading 19 yr old for failed former 1sts

Yzerman can make another dozen moves and have them all fail , like i said fabbri for delarose made sense, it was a roster player with not much future on the team and easily replaced for another roster player , anyways i personally hope yzerman lays off that shit unless its for a prospect of same age coming back

No worries, your first sentence of your last post gave me the impression that I was irritating you. My bad if I misread it.

I just want to be crystal clear, I agree with the second bold and I thought I made that apparent. I 100% agree that we don't win the trade, my perspective is that it will either be a loss or a wash.
Either way, we're both starting to repeat our arguments so I dont see a point going back and forth about this anymore, and while I don't agree with you, I do understand and respect your perspective.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I mean Ok, Touche, you see more value than I'd say myself in Regula. I respect that you rather of given him the chance than Perlini. No harm or foul in that thought process. I think Yzerman was hoping to acquire a guy for the third line who could pop in 10-15 goals when he did this but, in hindsight, Perlini is far from that so far. He looks out of place, no chemistry with anyone line mates. He moves, but seems to be away from the puck more than near it. Idk, He just seems like a lost player to me. Maybe this is how he's always been though idk, I didn't watch much of Perlini's game as a Hawk, etc.
Why would we even need to get another 3rd line guy though? This team is way beyond stacked with bottom 6 forwards and guys to call up like smith etc...

Anyways i just saw no point in ever trading for him , right now i just hope a team like mtl that has all short players and have 2 5ths might consider taking on a 6’3 player and “hope” they send us a 5th and we can move on

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00