Confirmed with Link: Wings trade Alec Regula for Brendan Perlini

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Especially Mursak. He got injured after a solid year in the AHL and couldn't fully reach his potential.

But he got injured in hits, because he didn't have any body muscle. Svechnikov is the exact opposite.

Don't feel any wibes between these guys. So much different stories and talents. Nestrasil was the nearest comparable for Svechnikov, but he didn't have near that talent. Mursak lacked physics and Pulkkinen's problem was size/reach. His short stick was too easy to defend against (killed offense), and he couldn't do anything without a puck (no help at defence).

Svechnikov has the physics, shot, and can do many things without a puck. All the weaknesses those guys had, are strenghts for Svechnikov.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Ed

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Perlini is incredibly invisible holy hell it is actually impressive for a player of his size and talent to be this useless. I'm amazed actually
Yeah, $874k might be chump change for NHL players, but it's still a lot of money in the real world, you'd think he'd try a little harder and work on his game considering this is the very last stop in the league. If he can't make it on the worst team in the league, then he's headed to Europe eventually. At the rate he's going, he might not even get a QO.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
But he got injured in hits, because he didn't have any body muscle. Svechnikov is the exact opposite.

Don't feel any wibes between these guys. So much different stories and talents. Nestrasil was the nearest comparable for Svechnikov, but he didn't have near that talent. Mursak lacked physics and Pulkkinen's problem was size/reach. His short stick was too easy to defend against (killed offense), and he couldn't do anything without a puck (no help at defence).
Mursak got checked from behind into the open door on the bench by David Backes and broke his collarbone. That seems like bad luck more than anything.

Reactions: lomekian

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Mursak got checked from behind into the open door on the bench by David Backes and broke his collarbone. That seems like bad luck more than anything.
Mursak had wheels but was knocked around easily. Dangerous combination.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Mursak was never going to play for Babcock.
He played 7-8 minutes a game with Emmerton and Abdelkader as his centers and with a Holmstrom who was a five-on-five blackhole by this time.
I can still picture that smug SOB's face when asked about Mursak after a good game

Reactions: Filppula

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Did anyone watch the prospect tournament this year and see any NHL qualities in Regula? I didn't.

Well he got injured after like 2 games, but I thought he was pretty solid all around, not a game changer by any means. Personally thought he was a better prospect than Lindstrom who seemed to get more hype.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
When I hear Mursak’s name it reminds me of the late great Corey Emmerton.

One time at the Joe, my brother and I got picked to go shoot the puck from center at intermission. We were promised a signed stick afterwards. All the legends on that team (Dats, Z, Kronner, etc) and we were given a signed Corey Emmerton stick...

Thats AHL superstar Cory Emmerton for you sir...

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com

One time at the Joe, my brother and I got picked to go shoot the puck from center at intermission. We were promised a signed stick afterwards. All the legends on that team (Dats, Z, Kronner, etc) and we were given a signed Corey Emmerton stick...

:laugh:

Is this for real? That is so funny.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Perlini is incredibly invisible holy hell it is actually impressive for a player of his size and talent to be this useless. I'm amazed actually
He only played for 6 minutes a game. Give him chance or send him to GR

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
You win some you lose some... He robbed the Blues in the Fabbri deal

plus we have several high level D-Men ready to make the jump in the near future, Seider, McIsaac, Tuomisto, Johansson, etc
Tuomisto lost year in u20. Its not going to easy for him go DU, hope he improve

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Regula plays forward net-front position at London on the PP. Did score two net-front goals on that hattrick.

He is maybe a biggest stat fluke than anybody maybe ever, if people are still thinking him as a D.

We should compare his scoring.. maybe to Michael Rasmussen.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

I'm assuming you used the stick to play street hockey with.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Regula plays forward net-front position at London on the PP. Did score two net-front goals on that hattrick.

He is maybe a biggest stat fluke than anybody maybe ever, if people are still thinking him as a D.

We should compare his scoring.. maybe to Michael Rasmussen.

Or we could compare him to Perlini, who had 25 goals and 45 points in 57 games in his final junior season.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
It is going to be a while to see how this plays, but right now this one looks bad for Detroit with the potential to be really bad if Regula develops into a 2nd pairing guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad