Confirmed with Link: Wings trade Alec Regula for Brendan Perlini

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Until I watch Regula skate against other NHL caliber prospects (not even players, just prospects) and not look flatfooted, I don't really care about junior production.
I watched Regula fairly closes in the 3 on 3s and prospect tournament. He did not not look like NHL talent.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I'm not sold on Regula being a border line NHLer... I don't know enough about him, that being said... We lose this trade for the pure fact we gave up much for him. He should be on a waiver wire... Even giving up a 7th for him is a waste. He should not be on an NHL squad.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Until I watch Regula skate against other NHL caliber prospects (not even players, just prospects) and not look flatfooted, I don't really care about junior production.
I watched Regula fairly closes in the 3 on 3s and prospect tournament. He did not not look like NHL talent.
Neither does perlini

Reactions: nhlisawesome

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
When I hear Mursak’s name it reminds me of the late great Corey Emmerton.

One time at the Joe, my brother and I got picked to go shoot the puck from center at intermission. We were promised a signed stick afterwards. All the legends on that team (Dats, Z, Kronner, etc) and we were given a signed Corey Emmerton stick...

AH, I see what they did there!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I don't have a problem with Steve trying to find something, but this clearly was a loss as I don't now how a "scorer" only can play 40+ games and score 1 goal. Bad team or not, that is pathetic! Not like he does anything else, I honestly would rather Brian Lashoff took his spot at forward, as he would probably score 1 goal also.

Reactions: Realgud

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Regula plays forward net-front position at London on the PP. Did score two net-front goals on that hattrick.

He is maybe a biggest stat fluke than anybody maybe ever, if people are still thinking him as a D.

We should compare his scoring.. maybe to Michael Rasmussen.
London runs 3 defense on the PP...he’s not always in front of the net...I’d take Regula over Hicketts right now..probably most of the D in GR other than Seider

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
You win some you lose some... He robbed the Blues in the Fabbri deal

plus we have several high level D-Men ready to make the jump in the near future, Seider, McIsaac, Tuomisto, Johansson, etc
Regula could’ve fit in there too

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
All this anger for a guy that hasn't even done anything on a pro-level. Ijzerman gambled on the upside of Perlini, and by now, can we even call it a loss? Maybe Regula becomes a career AHL'er, we do not know. We have plenty of D's in the pipeline (Seider, Tuomisto, Barton, Johansson, McIsaac, Setkov?) who can fill Regula's spot.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
It is going to be a while to see how this plays, but right now this one looks bad for Detroit with the potential to be really bad if Regula develops into a 2nd pairing guy.

Except the most important comparison isn't Regula vs. Perlini, it is Regula v the other RD prospects that made SFY think he was expendable. Even if Regula "makes" it, if our other prospects pan out it was a good trade, and an attempt to get value from a position where we had an (at least perceived) bottleneck.

You could turn to what were the other options Yzerman had in terms of trades either at the time or down the road, to better maximize value, but most important is the comparison of Regula to the other RDs.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't have a problem with Steve trying to find something, but this clearly was a loss as I don't now how a "scorer" only can play 40+ games and score 1 goal. Bad team or not, that is pathetic! Not like he does anything else, I honestly would rather Brian Lashoff took his spot at forward, as he would probably score 1 goal also.
I'd rather have Bowey play forward because he can score, and have Lashoff on D because he has a brain.

FYI: Lashoff has 2 NHL goals in 135 games (playing D of course), so he IS on par with Perlini.

Reactions: Oddbob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad