Rumor: Wings interested in Justin Faulk

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
I wouldn't give a 1st round pick for him. I would be ok with doing Svech + one of the 2nds + a 3rd.... or Ouellet instead of the 3rd.

His numbers haven't been that great in a few years, and I honestly don't see him as an upgrade over Green. at least not enough to trade big assets.

(I haven't watched him a ton so if I"m wrong feel free to let me know)

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
I believe since we picked two forwards in the 1st round, we should package both AA and Svech for Faulk and add a pick if necessary.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not really interested in trading >1 player for a defenseman at this stage of the rebuild. One of AA or Svechnikov is fine, but not both, especially considering we'd like to trade Nyquist for another 1st.

Keep the defense awful for a few years whilst we have a decent offense. It'll assist with accumulating lottery picks and the likes of Zadina will keep games interesting with his constant threat on the ice.

Do what's necessary to ice a defense that will lose games but not get destroyed.

Sign Green for 2 years. Find another ageing UFA for a year or two (like Daley). Scrape another year out of Ericsson and Kronwall. Play Hronek and Cholowski for 50-60 games.

WingNut

Jun 21, 2016
I believe since we picked two forwards in the 1st round, we should package both AA and Svech for Faulk and add a pick if necessary.

I think Carolina would be very interested in getting our Svech to go with his brother. This could be the time to strike. Either way I feel AA gets traded today but maybe not for a pick that we think is equal to his talent level.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
There’s no way Svech or AA have enough pull to get Faulk, even with picks.

I think AA + Svech + 33/36 could possibly get it done but only if we take Darling too. That’s an ugly contract and I don’t see too many teams that have the space or money to sit on it like we could. Combine that with Faulk only having a year left and maybe it’s feasible.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Would people do svech+Jensen+3rd for Faulk +darling?

There’s no way Carolina does that. There’s nothing there that buoys the trade for Carolina. Bunch of junk. At least AA is a proven NHLer and Carolina could potentially value some of the guys at 33/36 highly.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
No team is going to add $9 million in salary without money going the other way.

Considering they’re going to invest in Grubauer, Colorado just did that yesterday.

It’s not crazy for Detroit. Faulk and Darling together don’t make much more than what Green and Hutton would.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There’s no way Svech or AA have enough pull to get Faulk, even with picks.

I think AA + Svech + 33/36 could possibly get it done but only if we take Darling too. That’s an ugly contract and I don’t see too many teams that have the space or money to sit on it like we could. Combine that with Faulk only having a year left and maybe it’s feasible.

Draft Bode Wilde 6'4 RhD #32 if possible and after that just pull the trigger.

Our righthanded Defenceman problem would be solved for the next decade.

XXX - Faulk
XXX - Hronek
XXX - Jensen for now, Wilde/Lindström for the future.

AA+E.Svech+#36 <> Faulk+Darling

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I'd love to get Faulk, but the Wings aren't trading for him. Holland is always around these types of rumors but is never able to make anything happen.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Draft Bode Wilde 6'4 RhD #32 if possible and after that just pull the trigger.

Our righthanded Defenceman problem would be solved for the next decade.

XXX - Faulk
XXX - Hronek
XXX - Jensen for now, Wilde/Lindström for the future.

AA+E.Svech+#36 <> Faulk+Darling
Would love to see this happen.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Not interested in Faulk. The Red Wings shouldn't be giving up assets for a 26 year old 31 point defenseman. By the time the Wings are good again, he'll be 30.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Yeah, exactly. There are ways of getting around committing to $8-9 million in a trade, which is why it happens and just did.

Ok, so what would you propose they do with Darling if they acquired him?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Not interested in Faulk. The Red Wings shouldn't be giving up assets for a 26 year old 31 point defenseman. By the time the Wings are good again, he'll be 30.

At the same time, the wings won't even be good in 4 years without fixing the defense. Bit of a catch 22.

Reactions: golffuul

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I'd love to get Faulk, but the Wings aren't trading for him. Holland is always around these types of rumors but is never able to make anything happen.

Probably true but we’ve allegedly been in the hunt for Faulk since last season and Carolina is seemingly in one of those ownership-influenced shake ups where shipping out age and money in exchange for more player control is a big trade consideration. Combine that with the draft we just had and our organizational needs and I think our situation is sufficiently different from where we’ve been historically to consider it more likely than in past years.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
At the same time, the wings won't even be good in 4 years without fixing the defense. Bit of a catch 22.

I think you have a better chance of being good by not acquiring Faulk and picking up a few more high draft picks over the next few years, then acquiring Faulk, being negligibly better, and not having quite as high of picks. If they can get him for next to nothing i'm all for it, otherwise i'd rather just roll the dice on a 2nd round pick and hope you draft a guy with the pick as good or better than Faulk in a few years.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Put him on the net and trade Howard at the deadline.

Get an asset and trade another older one for futures = rebuilding.

I'd rather just trade Howard for a pick than add two more horrible contracts to a team that isn't anywhere near competing.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I think you have a better chance of being good by not acquiring Faulk and picking up a few more high draft picks over the next few years, then acquiring Faulk, being negligibly better, and not having quite as high of picks. If they can get him for next to nothing i'm all for it, otherwise i'd rather just roll the dice on a 2nd round pick and hope you draft a guy with the pick as good or better than Faulk in a few years.

Good points, agree with this

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Ok, so what would you propose they do with Darling if they acquired him?

Keep him. Play him. He’s no worse than Coreau and he’s probably only 1-1.5M more expensive than Hutton. Re-evaluate he following year when Howard’s contract is expired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad