Rumor: Wings interested in Justin Faulk

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
maybe we send over Nyquist? Grabbing Faulk would be a nice help. Wouldn’t put our D anywhere near playoff level, but it gives us a good Dman who will be playing for awhile.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Starts with Larkin + 6OA pick.

Doubt they can ask that much for Faulk. We wouldn't give that in any event so not worried there.

They were supposedly after Saad in Chicago a bit ago. Faulk has good value, but their owner seems intent on a shakeup. So maybe if he doesn't get the top end things he wants he still settles for #30 plus other things for Faulk... I assume AA would be included in a deal for Faulk, but perhaps Nyquist would interest them.

Reactions: BHD

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's getting old having to feverishly pray every year that Holland doesn't move our 1st rounder in the attempt to speed up the rebuild.

It's also strange that this is old.... You know since we haven't traded all the way out of the first round since 2012 when we weren't actually in a rebuild at all.

Holland's actions are that of a rebuild, that is pretty consistent the last two years it is very apparent.

Justin Faulk is 26 anyway not exactly some ancient dude. Though no I don't think they will move #6 for him so hopefully we can find another way to acquire him.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Isn't there bad blood between Karmanos and the Ilitch fam, or was it just Mike? Does it matter that Karmanos now only has a minority interest?

Is Faulk still the same player he was in years past? Would the Canes take a package of Abby, Helm, and Dekeyser for him? Do the GMs drink at the draft?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
It's also strange that this is old.... You know since we haven't traded all the way out of the first round since 2012 when we weren't actually in a rebuild at all.

Holland's actions are that of a rebuild, that is pretty consistent the last two years it is very apparent.

Justin Faulk is 26 anyway not exactly some ancient dude. Though no I don't think they will move #6 for him so hopefully we can find another way to acquire him.
Without including the 6th pick or a ton of 2nd rounders, how can we achieve equivalent value to Faulk? Larkin? Let's not. Mantha? Wouldn't be enough. Rasmussen, Cholowski, and Hronek? Please don't trade the future.

This team doesn't have an awful lot of valuable things to send back. I'd say if they land Faulk, it's for picks. And some pretty high ones, too. Maybe too high. This team is too early in the rebuild to be spending futures on established NHLers.

Reactions: BinCookin

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Now we're talking! How about DeKeyser +? DD and AA have an interesting ring to it, haha. Would you trade Mantha for Faulk (as Larkin is off the table)? What draft picks can the team afford to give up? This story's been going on for years and they have to do anything necessary to improve our defense. I hope Kenny does more than kick tires on Faulk...

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I could see a package like one of AA or Nyquist + 30th and some other 2nd rounder.

Outside of that one 49 point season, Faulk has not shown himself to be a top pairing guy, he's more like a #3 or #4 guy.

Give them 30+ svech+ 3rd do they bite?

That would be an interesting deal if they go for younger bro (Which most likely they will).

Reactions: Larkin1578

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't think we make the move, just confused why we have to have a negative approach to everything even sometimes sensationalizing it to the point of there being no evidence to backup the claim...

I like Faulk's game, he would be an interesting add. AA/Nyquist plus #30 is what we can maybe offer, the Canes should get better offers in my opinion. Hey maybe they don't and we get lucky on the new owner wanting to make changes down there. They would pull back Green's offer and be set with the group at that point.

Reactions: BinCookin

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Faulk would require the Vegas pick, plus either AA or Nyquist, plus another pick. He's exactly the type of player I'd like to add, but I don't know that I'd want to part with the assets needed to get him. (Especially with the likely available prospects for picks 30/33/36 this year.)

If they can somehow just get him for 30+AA+a 3rd rounder or lower, ok. But I definitely don't want to lose a 1st+2nd, let alone anything higher than 30.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond always gush over Faulk when the Red Wings play Carolina. You wonder if perhaps their unanimously high opinion of him is influenced by conversations they have with members of the front office.

Reactions: BHD and Larkin1578

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
...This team is too early in the rebuild to be spending futures on established NHLers.

Not all our picks or the highest 1 but if there's anything we learned from Vegas it's about educated, shrewd choices assembling your personnel. I think if the chance is there you grab it now. Same with Karlsson if there's a possibility. Also in this case we wouldn't be as pressured to re-sign Green.

Jul 30, 2005
Not all our picks or the highest 1 but if there's anything we learned from Vegas it's about educated, shrewd choices assembling your personnel. I think if the chance is there you grab it now. Same with Karlsson if there's a possibility. Also in this case we wouldn't be as pressured to re-sign Green.
If this team doesn't draft elite talent, it won't matter what shrewd little choices they make assembling the roster. There's no excuse for abandoning the rebuild by trading for established, non-ELC NHL players.

Now if they don't trade a first rounder, I can work with that. But other teams seem to value Detroit assets pretty poorly for the most part.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
My ideal trade would be 30th+svech+Jensen+ 2 3rd round picks for Faulk

This way we get Faulk but also shed a d-man allowing us to bring up potentially both hickets and Hronek

Daley-Faulk
Dekeyser-Hronek
Kronwall-hickets

Big E

Jul 30, 2005
Faulk would require the Vegas pick, plus either AA or Nyquist, plus another pick. He's exactly the type of player I'd like to add, but I don't know that I'd want to part with the assets needed to get him. (Especially with the likely available prospects for picks 30/33/36 this year.)

If they can somehow just get him for 30+AA+a 3rd rounder or lower, ok. But I definitely don't want to lose a 1st+2nd, let alone anything higher than 30.
My thing is, let's pretend we're Carolina. We have Justin Faulk, who is 26 and our captain. Why do we want to trade him away for what is basically a 2nd rounder and a disgruntled tweener? I wouldn't, that's for sure. Yeah, Faulk had a bad year, but he's had a bunch of great years, too. It would be selling low on an asset we don't need to move.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
My thing is, let's pretend we're Carolina. We have Justin Faulk, who is 26 and our captain. Why do we want to trade him away for what is basically a 2nd rounder and a disgruntled tweener? I wouldn't, that's for sure. Yeah, Faulk had a bad year, but he's had a bunch of great years, too. It would be selling low on an asset we don't need to move.
Wildcard in all of this is Dundon. Who knows what he's thinking.

That said if the price is reasonable I Faulk would be a good add.

Reactions: Larkin1578

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->