Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Robby Fabbri for Jacob De La Rose

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Fabbri is all about speed.
Pre injury he had great passing skills, a slick wrist shot, and great offensive minded decision making for a rookie. Most of all the kid was fast and could fly. He was admittedly a pretty bad defender who wasnt great at making defensive decisions and got caught pressing forward too often but he had clear offensive talent. He also lacks size.

Post-injuries and after missing 2 seasons basically- fabbri looks......surprisingly fast. His knee seems to be healthy as he seems to be flying around the opposition and sometimes getting a breakaway by beating defender with speed. Everything else however seems gone. His decision making now resembles yakupov. He seemingly lost his sense after sitting 2 years and is lost with what to do with puck. His old passing ability looks off. He hesitates when he has puck and his shot isnt as great as it used to be. Its like hes hesitant and lacking confidence. With him still being a defensive liability, he isnt useful if he isnt scoring.

Hopefully he can regain some of that hockey sense for you guys. The knee looks healthy as his speed seems to be back. I think missing 2 years of hockey so early in his career and at development age made him lose his feel for the game somewhat.

Do you think his passing is off because hes been playing 9 mins with fourth liners or is it something more than that?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yup, pointed that out early in this thread.

Not going to read the rest of this because people keep saying that DLR was a black hole on offense. He actually has pretty good vision with his passes. The black hole were on his wings, Abby and Ehn. I would include Helm, but he actually potted a few goals, which is why DLR has assists. If Helm, Abby, Ehn, and LGD could actually shoot, DLR would have double digit assists this season.

DLR also has decent velocity on his shots, unfortunately he can't seem to keep them under the crossbar.

Not complaining about the trade though, gotta get all the scoring help we can.

Abby would have probably three or four more assists if DLR could finish in the slot. That line was good together, all three of them. Surprised me but they were, they committed to an ozone playing style on the cycle.

I don't like Abdelkader or Helm contract wise and I hate that Helm went up the lineup. But the DLR was held back isn't really what I have been seeing at all.

Reactions: Winger98

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If anything we should be happy we have young former first rounders like Fabbri and Perlini in the fold now. They have more potential than Regula and JDLR will ever have IMO...

Reactions: A II R

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
St. Luois fans were saying he lost his timing and wasn't playing enough after the acl tears. With ice time who knows how he gets his game back.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Looks like he is going to play with AA and Flip

Hirose getting scratched

would have liked Hirose in. Hope it’s just maybe a reset for him get to watch a game and right back in. Our 4th right now needs to be Erne-abby-helm. Hirose has creativity and ability to make plays, he’s a guy who needs to be in top 9.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I love that he is getting the opportunity to prove what he's got. I have a good feeling about him, I think he will be a Wing for a while.

Hirose finally scratched, it's about time. Next step is to send him off to GR.
6-18 months

Provided we get lucky and land lafraniere/byfield (which we deserve) and good chances of adding rasmussen/zadina/veleno/svechnikov next season i cant see where perlini/fabbri fit in . Theyll be gone pretty soon imo , its all fun now cause we suck and were addng these projects guys but there wont be much space for them real soon if all works out

Bert larkin mantha

Lafraniere veleno zadina

Svechnikov rasmussen AA

Fourth line involving handful of guys in abdelkader/helm/glendening/ehn/smith/pearson/erne + guys not even mentioned for top 3 lines like hirose/kuffner

Sorry for being a party pooper but i see zero future for fabbri/perlini

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Wow dude is gonna get a big opportunity

Damn, powerplay units that don't have Erne or Abdelkader. Never thought I'd see the day.

I'm glad Fabbri is getting a real chance at being an offensive player for us

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
would have liked Hirose in. Hope it’s just maybe a reset for him get to watch a game and right back in. Our 4th right now needs to be Erne-abby-helm. Hirose has creativity and ability to make plays, he’s a guy who needs to be in top 9.

He hasn't displayed those often outside of the PP, where I think he is a downgrade from Fabbri.

I think the idea was for Yzerman to pull a Conacher with him anyway, but his play has been subpar. He isn't doing enough 5 on 5, I have been on board with sitting him for a few weeks. Would argue Svech into our third line before him too.

Reactions: opivy and Winger98

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He hasn't displayed those often outside of the PP, where I think he is a downgrade from Fabbri.

I think the idea was for Yzerman to pull a Conacher with him anyway, but his play has been subpar. He isn't doing enough 5 on 5, I have been on board with sitting him for a few weeks. Would argue Svech into our third line before him too.

Was thinking that same Conacher-scenario too with Hirose.

What comes to Svechni, Erne kind of plays his spot. Svechni got his games, at same spot when Erne was injured.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Was thinking that same Conacher-scenario too with Hirose.

What comes to Svechni, Erne kind of plays his spot. Svechni got his games, at same spot when Erne was injured.

Yeah the F1 role which I get. But I think Svech can also play in a different spot if Perlini is the F1 on the line. My point was more I am not really defending Hirose in the lineup, he hasn't been good enough and cannot play on the 4th. We have acquired a player with more skill for his PP role so he is now in serious trouble.

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA

Hirose has shown absolutely nothing this season. He doesn't belong on an NHL roster right now.

Reactions: NickH8

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
6-18 months

Provided we get lucky and land lafraniere/byfield (which we deserve) and good chances of adding rasmussen/zadina/veleno/svechnikov next season i cant see where perlini/fabbri fit in . Theyll be gone pretty soon imo , its all fun now cause we suck and were addng these projects guys but there wont be much space for them real soon if all works out

Bert larkin mantha

Lafraniere veleno zadina

Svechnikov rasmussen AA

Fourth line involving handful of guys in abdelkader/helm/glendening/ehn/smith/pearson/erne + guys not even mentioned for top 3 lines like hirose/kuffner

Sorry for being a party pooper but i see zero future for fabbri/perlini
I mean if all those guys really lock down their spots that's what trades are for. We still need defense, goalies, prospects, and picks, don't we?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Hirose has shown absolutely nothing this season. He doesn't belong on an NHL roster right now.
I disagree a bit. The kid certainly has ability to make plays but I think the lack of talent around him has hurt him. He can be an effective player playing with some creative players, unfortunately Erne and Nielsen aren’t that. He does however need to improve in strength and away from puck to elevate his game. But I really like his skill set and hockey iq

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Ouch, that might be a little too on the nose considering Fabbri's injuries were knee injuries...

What's ouch about that? A bonafide top 6 forward who has a run of 20+ goal seasons from the scrap heap? There ain't nothing ouch about that.
Lost in the Dan Cleary madness when Holland gave him contracts after his knees were 100% ****ed is that he was a bonafide good player for us when we were competing for and won the Cup.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
So I guess we going from bad to worse defensively. Hope I am wrong about it , but looks like we bottom team for next 3-5 years

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00