Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Robby Fabbri for Jacob De La Rose

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I wouldn't assume that all those players work out and still want to be in Detroit for that long. I'd sign Fabbri to a multi-year deal and then maybe he gets another one after, or maybe the Wings decide to part ways. I think there can be good team value on a 3 year deal with Fabbri.
True but Yet everyone wants to assume it’ll all work out with fabbri after what a 40 game sample and lock him up 3-5 years?

The smart money would be a two year deal , if its three it would have to be like 2.75 ball park for me , he hasnt played a full season in his career i believe and its too soon to think hes gonna be an nhler in his 30s . I’d have np signing him to 3 years as he can always be a future trade asset or just money wasted on injury reserve. God knows we’ve wasted a bunch of money the last 5 years so one more wont hurt

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I think the biggest concern, if we have Lafreniere, is who centers him?
I don't see anyone out there worth signing. Ras and Veleno aren't ready for high level work.

Maybe you try Fabbri at C for a year?

Lafreniere-Larkin-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Fabbri-Zadina

Yup center ice position sucks here , id try out the season with bertuzzi larkin zadina . They played well down the stretch if i recall and try out the two french kids lafraniere and mantha together and if all else fails we can always go back to bertuzzi larkin mantha line and put lafraniere and zadina on the second line? But yes the 2c is a problem

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Yeah, because we’re just overflowing with talent and players like Fabbri are a dime a dozen

Today yes , 2-3 yrs not so much . And am i wrong with saying why he wouldnt want to stick around? His career was basically done and he revived it here (for now) obviously hes not stupid to wanna try his luck elsewhere now after struggling for so long

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I'm really happy with Fabbri but I can see Yzerman flipping him (ala Cory Conacher) for defense or a goalie.
Unless contract negotiations become a problem or stevie decides to make a big move if were lucky enough to land lafraniere its basically him mantha zadina bertuzzi at wing for the forseeable future .

Then you add in berggren,veleno,mastrosimone other picks and prospects we add and fabbri’s gonna have to start hoping alot of them are flops to be a 3rd line winger in 2-3 yrs

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Arbitration hearings tend to use player comparables to try to 'set' a rate for the arbitrator. Naturally, the agent wants the best deal for his client.

Kane was heading to UFA in a couple months. But Kane was 26, while Mantha is currently 25. While he is currently RFA, teams generally pay a premium for those UFA years.

Scoring was totally different on Kane RFA days vs. current days. Comparables are more of guys from same or +1 -1 drafts and same kind of contract status.

Also cap can be anything from the projected one. There's too many variables. Maybe Kane is one, but with very minor weightload.

With 84M cap and without Corona, 7M for Mantha would have been ok deal. As for now, I'm quite sure we don't see anything that kind of figure. Filip Forsberg, Horvat, Hertl and Domi contracts are nearest with age/production.

Quite sure Yzerman can use this situation on his advantage, next season escrow could be high, so he'll offer huge salary on the 1st year or something. Then salary goes down towards the end, but also escrow goes down, so Mantha will get more net money in the end.

Stewie has been a master in these. He will know hoe to please the player for a fair deal, and also get a team-friendly caphit.

In general, think Mantha will work shorter term (4-5 years, still some question marks) and they just should extend Bertuzzi for a maximum 8-year term. Quite sure Tuzzi's game doesn't change anywhere on the long run and would be a steal in the end.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I would be surprised if Stevie offered him more than 2 years given his history but it might stretch to three

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
True but Yet everyone wants to assume it’ll all work out with fabbri after what a 40 game sample and lock him up 3-5 years?

The smart money would be a two year deal , if its three it would have to be like 2.75 ball park for me , he hasnt played a full season in his career i believe and its too soon to think hes gonna be an nhler in his 30s . I’d have np signing him to 3 years as he can always be a future trade asset or just money wasted on injury reserve. God knows we’ve wasted a bunch of money the last 5 years so one more wont hurt

Agreed. I would like to take the risk on 3 years with a lower cap hit to give him some security. I don't think there is great risk of a deal like that blowing up or creating some sort of hypothetical log jam.

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad