Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Robby Fabbri for Jacob De La Rose

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Based on what you guys are saying about DLR, he fits in very well on our already very good 4th line. Fabbri had been asking for a trade and wouldn't have logged very many minutes, our offense is geared toward puck possession up and down the lines, that isn't Fabbri's game.
What is Fabbri game ? I believe puck possession game is the biggest Red Wing problem

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
My point is there to see, without any insults or personal criticisms or other ad hominem BS.

And I'm perfectly good with criticism of Svech.

What I'm not good is burying the kid in the AHL to look at every other team's hand-me-downs.

Why take on Perlini, Erne and Fabbri - all guys at basically the same point in their career as Svech, before you see what you've got in Svech.

I think the better question is, why not look at all 4 of them instead of hanging on to the Helms, Abdelkaders, Nielsons, and Filppulas who are providing essentially nothing to this roster and are not in the plans for the future?

It's frustrating Svech hasn't got a better look in the NHL yet this year given how crap the team is.
At the same time, I don't want him learning bad habits and how to play hockey poorly with Blashill's crap "process."
He's waiver exempt, which is likely the biggest deciding factor, I'm ok with him building chemistry with some of the younger guys in the AHL and staying away from Blashill for now. The season is young, and hopefully there are big changes coming. If he doesn't get an extended look with decent TOI (10-15 minutes a night) opportunities by the end of the year, especially if Blashill gets fired mid-season, then I'll be more inclined to be pissed.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Quite easily. See below.

Career Numbers

JDLR: 195 games, 12 goals, 32 points.
Fabbri: 164 games, 32 goals 73 points.

One of them had a fantastic start to their career and suffered two injuries, but the ability was there. The other has always been the same player at every single step of his entire hockey career.

Very interesting stats, thanks!

mine of them has had issues with their heart as well and a cardiac episode is no joke. Like others have said we have plenty of roster players that can slot in DLRs place

Can they do better? Maybe but if not it helps the tank anyways but then again DLR isn’t a game changer anyways

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Is there any chance that a good defensive forward can get EVEN BETTER defensively?
Or maybe a defensive forward develops an offensive game?

They are the same age. They have an equal chance to improve

DLR is not going to improve and if you think otherwise well I’m sorry.

We know the type of player he is, we already have plenty of them in our organization and with his health problems he might not make it another two years, especially since heart problems are no joke

Fabbri has a clean slate on a team where he’s guaranteed playing time and multiple chances to put his career on a different trajectory

one of them was immensely more talented than the other from the very beginning

I don’t know why I respond to these hot takes, it’s obvious you either have a grudge against Stevie or you like DLR a little too much

A bit off-topic but - Speaking of Tarasenko, there's serious concerns his shoulder will never be 100% again. Which stinks, because he's one of the most exciting players in the league and he's only 27.

That really is disappointing. He’s a very flashy player and is fun to watch

I feel bad for anyone who’s favorite player was DLR. That’s just kinda sad not gonna lie

I’ve always had a soft spot for him but it’s been clear for quite some time he’s not part of the teams rebuild

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Very interesting stats, thanks!

mine of them has had issues with their heart as well and a cardiac episode is no joke. Like others have said we have plenty of roster players that can slot in DLRs place

Can they do better? Maybe but if not it helps the tank anyways but then again DLR isn’t a game changer anyways

Honestly, the game that DLR plays right now, I think he is probably only behind Glendening for the defense first forwards we have. I don't think he will be "easily" replaced in a sense of overall competency at his job, but his role is one that is of lower impact than what Fabbri could potentially offer. We need to be attacking the most important positions on the ice. Top 6 scoring is a problem, defense is a problem, goaltending is a problem, but it's hard to consider a 4th liner is a problem. The replacement can more easily mask the void that JDLR leaves than the void that someone like Nyquist left.

Reactions: AttilaTheFun

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Fabbri is a lottery ticket. You make this trade 10x out of 10 if you're Detroit/Yzerman. DLR is a solid 4th liner - but we're so sad sack we don't need to be worrying about having solid 4th liners right now. Swing for the fences - you'll strike out 9x out of 10, but Yzerman is rightly looking for that one home run.

Fabbri, Perlini, Erne are all trades Yzerman should be making when we're bad as we are. Hope you get your home run earlier than your 10th such trade.
Exactly!

This team needs draft lottery luck and hopefully some other luck accumulating talent through moves like this.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
So with Perlini and now Fabbri acquired, is it safe to say that Glendening/Helm can stay away from the top 6 when everyone is healthy? Or will Blashill go full on Piano Puller?

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
So with Perlini and now Fabbri acquired, is it safe to say that Glendening/Helm can stay away from the top 6 when everyone is healthy? Or will Blashill go full on Piano Puller?

You would think so.
When questions like this are asked about Blashill I always think to myself "What would Babcock do?" and Blash will do that but worse

Reactions: TheClap

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
NBC's Pierre McGuire: Don't be surprised if Red Wings GM Steve Yzerman trades Filip Zadina
"I can't say this enough," McGuire said. "Coming back from one ACL injury is tough, but coming back from two ACLs is unbelievable. The fact that he was able to do it and find his way on a Stanley Cup roster and hoist the Stanley Cu\p is a testament to his will.
"Maybe there's still something left for him to do, but the pace of the league is so quick now and you have to get to those areas and at this point, I just don't know (if he can get to those areas). I just don't know."

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

depends how they play. Perlini/Fabbri might be more skilled than Glendening/Helm, but they might also play worse. Perlini hasn't exactly blown the doors off the place since coming over from Chicago.

Reactions: vladdy16

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
depends how they play. Perlini/Fabbri might be more skilled than Glendening/Helm, but they might also play worse. Perlini hasn't exactly blown the doors off the place since coming over from Chicago.
All I'm saying is it lets Glenny and Helm play at their natural roles. Instead of a 2nd line winger, Glendening can go back to being one of the best 4th line centers in the league.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
NBC's Pierre McGuire: Don't be surprised if Red Wings GM Steve Yzerman trades Filip Zadina
"I can't say this enough," McGuire said. "Coming back from one ACL injury is tough, but coming back from two ACLs is unbelievable. The fact that he was able to do it and find his way on a Stanley Cup roster and hoist the Stanley Cu\p is a testament to his will.
"Maybe there's still something left for him to do, but the pace of the league is so quick now and you have to get to those areas and at this point, I just don't know (if he can get to those areas). I just don't know."
When asked if Yzerman likely had reports from his days as general manager in Tampa Bay that Zadina never should've been picked sixth overall in the 2018 draft, McGuire said, "That's fair. That's more than fair."

Does he mean he thinks he should have bee drafted earlier or later?

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
It's just blatant trolling. Every post is done with the intent to sensationalize and antagonize. No need for anyone to respond, it is literally pointless.

Ya it’s a joke. This forum is tough enough with how bad we are, doesn’t help when every thread is flooded with bs. Please stop replying/ignore that person everyone. I beg you :laugh:

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
When asked if Yzerman likely had reports from his days as general manager in Tampa Bay that Zadina never should've been picked sixth overall in the 2018 draft, McGuire said, "That's fair. That's more than fair."

Does he mean he thinks he should have bee drafted earlier or later?

I actually kind of like Pierre but the way he’s answering these questions gives me absolutely zero confidence that he knows what he’s talking about. To me it sounds like he’s trying to make pure speculation a reality.

Reactions: RedMenace

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Looks like Yzerman thinks Svech is ****.
Since the season started he's acquired Erne, Perlini and Fabbri.

I could like this deal if Fabbri was the C he was drafted as. Otherwise, it just seems like we're collecting guys who washed out of other organizations and playing them ahead of our own first rounder.

Svech is a winger, not a center. Hopefully you learn what roles players play before you open your mouth whining again.

On a different note it is awesome we get trades now Stevie does actually want to improve. Also this is a similar move like jurco to edm. He is a reclamation project, but if he hits it will be a huge improvement over Nielsuck and move Filpulla down a line to where he belongs now.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Svech is a winger, not a center. Hopefully you learn what roles players play before you open your mouth whining again.

On a different note it is awesome we get trades now Stevie does actually want to improve. Also this is a similar move like jurco to edm. He is a reclamation project, but if he hits it will be a huge improvement over Nielsuck and move Filpulla down a line to where he belongs now.

Thanks for your friendly advice.

Fabbri is a winger.
He's taken 54 faceoffs in a 164 games, making Athanasiou look like Patrice Bergeron.

If he moves over to center and can hack it, I'm for it.
I just said that. And you just quoted it.

And completely misunderstood it.

But I don't expect you to read. Just attack.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Thanks for your friendly advice.

Fabbri is a winger.
He's taken 54 faceoffs in a 164 games, making Athanasiou look like Patrice Bergeron.

If he moves over to center and can hack it, I'm for it.
I just said that. And you just quoted it.

And completely misunderstood it.

But I don't expect you to read. Just attack.

Nice attempt at being passive aggressive but you fail. He is a natural center that couldn't crack back in to the roster of the Stanley cup champs.

You aren't a deity. Stop acting like it. You are neither a GM or coach of the drw's. You complain over everything Everytime.

Grow up, or go off to a corner of whatever room your in and have a good long cathartic cry. And quit annoying the crap out of most of the board myself most definitely included.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yes but he has had two major injuries which can't be overlooked.

And nobody is. That's why you get a player with a lot more talent than DLR for DLR. If Fabbri never got hurt, St Louis laughs at Yzerman and blocks his number if he asks about him.
The major point is that ignoring all other considerations and just looking at the talent of players... Fabbri >> DLR. It's a risk (and a pretty likely one) that he'll never get back to half the player he was.

The Wings are taking a lottery shot on Fabbri that he can find a way to adjust to getting his ACLs wrecked. That's the big plus for Detroit and concern for St. Louis why they dealt him. Fabbri's value is impaired. If he can reclaim any of the potential he had, it's a MASSIVE win for Detroit in this deal. If he can't... DLR was probably not re-signing next offseason and the Red Wings clearly were not doing much of anything positive with him in the lineup.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Does anyone know if he is here yet and practicing with the team? Maybe our new strength and conditioning can help him a long?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad