Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Robby Fabbri for Jacob De La Rose

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The Fabbri - De la Rose deal is a good one in my books. Fabbri brings some Stanley Cup winning experience and potential. De la Rose's potential was tapped-out.
I feel like Perlini, Erne and Fabbri will replace the slower/aging vets like Abdelkader and Helm in the middle six and that's a better outlook than yesterday.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Coming in late due to work, absolutely love this trade. It could be a home run and if it doesn't work out so what. ButI have always liked Fabbri and maybe our updated conditioning team can work out the ACL issues he's had so they are really in the past.

Reactions: Ricelund

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
Fabbri could be an excellent player if we give him robot knees, if we can't he could be a total smol boy bust.

But I guess there's no risk involved since we essentially traded nothing for him.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
DLR actually had second best +3 ratings on the team.
Yup, pointed that out early in this thread.

Not going to read the rest of this because people keep saying that DLR was a black hole on offense. He actually has pretty good vision with his passes. The black hole were on his wings, Abby and Ehn. I would include Helm, but he actually potted a few goals, which is why DLR has assists. If Helm, Abby, Ehn, and LGD could actually shoot, DLR would have double digit assists this season.

DLR also has decent velocity on his shots, unfortunately he can't seem to keep them under the crossbar.

Not complaining about the trade though, gotta get all the scoring help we can.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
For starters, we really need to stop referring to De La Rose as a "waiver pickup" and Fabbri as a "talented first round pick"

Fabbri is 23.5 years old and was a #21 overall pick
De La Rose is 24 years old and was a #34 overall pick

How can we say only one of these players has potential to improve and the other has no future with the team?

De La Rose is a 4th line player period that is what he is. He hasnt played only 83 games in 3 seasons due to injury like Fabbri.

Fabbri is a talented player that has missed a ton of time with injury.

If Fabbri doesn't produce what did Detroit lose? Half the f***ing team is 4th line guys these days.

I have seen enough of both these players play to know what they are.

De La Rose is a borderline NHLer 4th line guy. Great defensive but a black hole offensively just like he was when he was drafted and just like he has always shown in the NHL. Ala Sheahan.

Fabbri if he can stay healthy and get things back on track could.possibly be a top 6 forward. He has shown offensive ability in always in his career including the NHL. Do I think he will become a solid top 6 on Detroit? I really hope he does but the chances arent high but they are sure as shit higher than De La Rose.

Again there is NO risk with this trade and there is NO reason to complain about it and I complain about A LOT with this team.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Let's hope Fabbri re establishes his career and can stay healthy. We certainly need added scoring punch and hope the kid can do it. Perlini the same. Fabbri has only played 9 games and low minutes and Perlini 5 games with Chicago and Detroit. Both these guys are low risk.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
To the people who are mad or annoyed at this trade, what are you on about? We gave up DLR who is a 4th liner at best, which is basically a non asset on a losing team, for a chance at something better. In essence we gave up nothing, for potentially something more than nothing. Even if Fabbri comes in and plays 10 games and is -10 with 0 shots on net, it won't make much difference one way or the other.

Jim ODonnell

Dec 20, 2018
Why would the Blues do this? I don't get it from their perspective?

Basically he's been unable to break back into the lineup and hold a regular role.
Fabbri's not a bad player, but Chief has confidence in other guys.

A lot of Blues fans are lamenting seeing him go.
I'm a Blues fan, I like Fabbri and I think he has upside that will lead him to success in the right environment.
However, there are some practical concerns that have been overlooked by many Blues fans bitching about this trade.

1 -- no matter what his potential, Fabbri can't contribute from the press box which is where Chief lines him up for most games.

2 -- he's on a 1-year deal and probably not a priority for an extension in STL (so why not move him?)

3 -- (here's the biggest) . . . the Blues forward corps has changed wholesale since Fabbri was drafted and showed such promise as a rookie. Fabbri's potential notwithstanding, about 10 of the Blues current forward regulars arrived while he was on extended rehab. A lot has changed in that time for the Blues, and Fabbri missed much of that development to injury.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Yzerman trades a field stone for a paper clip; paper clip for screw; screw for a bolt; bolt for a 9v battery; 9v battery for a cup; cup for a butter knife, butter knife (turns out to be solid silver) for custom rims; custom rims for a dirtbike; dirtbike for a 4-wheeler; 4-wheeler for a car; car for truck; truck for semi; semi for house; house for jet; jet for a rocket ship; rocket ship for Earth; Earth for the Universe....

;Universe for the science on how to process DNA to re-create a prime Lidstrom and all the former elite players to every dress in Red and White at cap manageable salaries.

Go #Yzergod

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Yzerman trades a field stone for a paper clip; paper clip for screw; screw for a bolt; bolt for a 9v battery; 9v battery for a cup; cup for a butter knife, butter knife (turns out to be solid silver) for custom rims; custom rims for a dirtbike; dirtbike for a 4-wheeler; 4-wheeler for a car; car for truck; truck for semi; semi for house; house for jet; jet for a rocket ship; rocket ship for Earth; Earth for the Universe....

;Universe for the science on how to process DNA to re-create a prime Lidstrom and all the former elite players to every dress in Red and White at cap manageable salaries.

Go #Yzergod

Billy May's here for I have no idea what I just read.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
What is Fabbri game ? I believe puck possession game is the biggest Red Wing problem
Fabbri is all about speed.
Pre injury he had great passing skills, a slick wrist shot, and great offensive minded decision making for a rookie. Most of all the kid was fast and could fly. He was admittedly a pretty bad defender who wasnt great at making defensive decisions and got caught pressing forward too often but he had clear offensive talent. He also lacks size.

Post-injuries and after missing 2 seasons basically- fabbri looks......surprisingly fast. His knee seems to be healthy as he seems to be flying around the opposition and sometimes getting a breakaway by beating defender with speed. Everything else however seems gone. His decision making now resembles yakupov. He seemingly lost his sense after sitting 2 years and is lost with what to do with puck. His old passing ability looks off. He hesitates when he has puck and his shot isnt as great as it used to be. Its like hes hesitant and lacking confidence. With him still being a defensive liability, he isnt useful if he isnt scoring.

Hopefully he can regain some of that hockey sense for you guys. The knee looks healthy as his speed seems to be back. I think missing 2 years of hockey so early in his career and at development age made him lose his feel for the game somewhat.

Reactions: shpongle falls

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I watched some tape on Fabbri. Specifically October 17th Blues and Canucks. If you have NHL.tv, I suggest go watch the Blues feed.

Quick notes:

• His skating looks quick and dynamic
  • He is a quick thinker
  • Finds open space and goes to the front of the net
  • Scoring chance; finds open ice in slot and receives a slick pass from a teammate and quick shot straight into the goalies chest
  • Shows some slick defensive plays (disrupts a pass for a potential glorious SOG attempt, which may have resulted in an open net goal -goalie wasn't following the trailer- Fabbri broke it up)
  • Scores a goal (1st period) drills a puck in net after it deflects off the post thanks to his quick reflexes, going to the net and being johnny on the spot

• He is small
  • He doesn't work in the corners
  • He had some defensive goofs
  • He needs a slick puck distributor. Something Wings currently do not have.

All-in-all, he had 2 shots on goal, 10 shift with only 6:01 ice time and 2 minutes in the box. He looked good, but isn't going to take over games.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
All I'm saying is it lets Glenny and Helm play at their natural roles. Instead of a 2nd line winger, Glendening can go back to being one of the best 4th line centers in the league.

After all this winger hoarding, our Center core should really go on that direction.

Fabbri - Larkin - Bertuzzi
Mantha - Filppula - Athanasiou
Perlini - Nielsen - Helm/Hirose/Erne
Akader - Glendening - Helm/Hirose/Erne
(Ehn)

That center core should be a lock. Don't mind how the wingers are distributed.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

So far:

4th <> Erne
Pope <> Biega
Regula <> Perlini
DLR <> Fabbri

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
After all this winger hoarding, our Center core should really go on that direction.

(Ehn)

How is Fabbri on the top line?

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI

(Ehn)

Isn't Fabbri a center? I don't think we should mess with the BLM line, at least just yet. I would love to see Fabbri center Athansiou and Perlini to see what that nets us. Nielsen is out for now so Filppula would be the 3rd line center of Erne and Hirose. 4th line would be Gator, Glendening, and Helm.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Perlini - Fabbri - Athansiou
Hirose - Fippula - Erne
Gator - Glendening - Helm

This wont change the outcome of our games, but it could make our first two lines better-ish

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Isn't Fabbri a center? I don't think we should mess with the BLM line, at least just yet. I would love to see Fabbri center Athansiou and Perlini to see what that nets us. Nielsen is out for now so Filppula would be the 3rd line center of Erne and Hirose. 4th line would be Gator, Glendening, and Helm.

Hirose - Fippula - Erne

This wont change the outcome of our games, but it could make our first two lines better-ish

Fabbri is probably as much of a center as Athanasiou is at this point, the difference is AA has a lot more time spent at center than Fabbri

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Hirose - Fippula - Erne

He's only taken 1 faceoff this season and 15 the past 2 years (41 games). He needs to play wing on a line with puck distributors. In the current state of the team, I don't see Fabbri scoring much, and if he's not scoring, he brings little value. He'd be lethal on a prime Datsyuk's wing.

That said, he should make the PP more of a threat.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad