Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Robby Fabbri for Jacob De La Rose

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
What's ouch about that? A bonafide top 6 forward who has a run of 20+ goal seasons from the scrap heap? There ain't nothing ouch about that.
Lost in the Dan Cleary madness when Holland gave him contracts after his knees were 100% ****ed is that he was a bonafide good player for us when we were competing for and won the Cup.
Cleary was insanely slow after his knee injuries.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Take away two PP goals, who thinks he had a good game? I thought he played okay. Showed up a couple of times but just like most of our other players, was fairly invisible most of the night. Happy he got the 2 PP goals though. Hopefully enough to jump start his confidence for a new team.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Take away two PP goals, who thinks he had a good game? I thought he played okay. Showed up a couple of times but just like most of our other players, was fairly invisible most of the night. Happy he got the 2 PP goals though. Hopefully enough to jump start his confidence for a new team.

I don’t think you can say “take away the two things that we were hoping he could do for us.” But, I do think we should exercise patience on exactly how good he could be for us. His skating looked strong, and that should lend itself well for 5 on 5 hockey, but he wasn’t a super impact player at even strength tonight. That could have a lot to do with going up against very good depth of probably the best team in hockey, doing so on a team that he is undoubtedly still learning the system for, with linemates he is still building chemistry with.

What we saw tonight was probably the best possible outcome that anyone could have hoped for. He provided a spark. He scored. He presented a threat where we had been sorely lacking. It gave us a glimpse of the fact that he isn’t completely burned out due to his injury history, and that alone was fantastic news.

Now we give him the time to learn and grow in our system and continue to hope for more doors to be opened for his game.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
I don’t think you can say “take away the two things that we were hoping he could do for us.”
Well my point was is he wont always be that lucky to be in that spot. EV Strength is where 80% of a hockey game is played. Its much more important how he played rather than his stat line.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Take away his two most important contributions, then evaluate his overall contribution? Seems a little unfair. He did score those 2 goals, not like the PP doesn't need help too. Whether or not he was fairly invisible which I don't agree with, he certainly made his presence known a whole lot more than Hirose. Glad to have him aboard. He seems eager and hungry for his big chance and he'll have a great opportunity here.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Definitely like the trade. He either works out or he doesn't. Need to be looking for these types of opportunities.

Players like De La Rose aren't important for the Wings right now, this team is a long ways away from competing and needing depth/role players.

Hopefully we can manage to finish in the bottom 3 this year. Going to be a lot longer road to any real potential success if we don't.

Reactions: odin1981

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Take away his two most important contributions, then evaluate his overall contribution? Seems a little unfair. He did score those 2 goals,
My point being is both of those shots were really the production of the unit. And we should perhaps look at the rest of the game outside those two shots which half our roster would have scored on due to the setup.

People just need to temper expectations a little bit. Saw the insane propaganda about Hirose who was very much a success just based on a bit of lucky circumstance. Now he shows his real game. He has finish. But it would be nice if he could also create.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Haven’t been here in a while but wanted to chime in.

Seems like a player that COULD rediscover his career here. Either way I think this trade favors Detroit even if DLR helps the Blues repeat. I just feel like down the road Fabbri can contribute more and really is the better player. DLR is a completely redundant player, but has solid aspects to his defensive game, however won’t be tremendously effective offensively.

Fabbri’s potential alone can justify this trade and really question those who think this isn’t lopsided Detroit’s way - even if Fabbri doesn’t improve, it’s still a good trade.

He scored twice, probably based on hype or excitement, but his shot did look really good and he looked good skating. Just depends if he can continue building confidence and improving to fulfill his potential.

I don’t want to get excited, but hopefully he can. Apparently Blues fans have said it’s been a while since he’s smiled like the way he did tonight

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

He was kind of 50/50 on Even Strength advanced stats. On the middle of the pack from our forwards.

So definitely a positive player, if you are 50/50 against the top team in the league and can score on the PP.

Only thing I hope now is health.

Reactions: RedMenace

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Take away TWO pp goal?

Do you know who we played?
Do you know where they and we are in the standings?

We were hoping not to get destroyed by the Bruins.

Reactions: Ricelund

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I had a rather busy week and didn't even know of the trade until I just happened to check out the scores last evening...and when I saw Fabbri with the deuce I immediately did a WTF doubletake.
absolutely great move by Detroit. now, sign him to an extension ASAP. and get Mantha/Bertuzzi done while you're at it. don't let it go to July 1.

wouldn't mind seeing a line of Bertuzzi Fabbri Mantha at the World Championships in May.

I've always been a Fabbri booster going back to his GTHL days.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Take away TWO pp goal?
Yeah. I mean near one every single forward on our roster sitting in the middle of that PP receiving that pass would bury it. So yeah, I am happy for him. Its a great start. Its a solid trade already just because of potential value vs what DLR would bring us. But perspective is needed. He played an okay game overall OUTSIDE the 2 PP goals which as I said, almost every forward on the Wings would have buried. Those goals were a product of the setup, not so much the player.

I would like to see both Perlini and Fabbri be more active 5v5. At least they are both providing more than Hirose has done all season.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah. I mean near one every single forward on our roster sitting in the middle of that PP receiving that pass would bury it. So yeah, I am happy for him. Its a great start. Its a solid trade already just because of potential value vs what DLR would bring us. But perspective is needed. He played an okay game overall OUTSIDE the 2 PP goals which as I said, almost every forward on the Wings would have buried. Those goals were a product of the setup, not so much the player.

I would like to see both Perlini and Fabbri be more active 5v5. At least they are both providing more than Hirose has done all season.

Yeah, it was product of the setup, but that's pretty hard downgrading Fabbri, if you say that wood hands Helm or Abdelkader, Ehn, Erne, level of guys would have buried those passes - twice.

Fabbri's absolute strentgh is his shot and that's proably the best after Mantha of all our forwards.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
I don't know. Watched both goals again. He didn't exactly need a his shot to be a strength to score either of them with a cross crease pass in the slot with the goalie screened.
Still heres hoping he keeps it up.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I don't know. Watched both goals again. He didn't exactly need a his shot to be a strength to score either of them with a cross crease pass in the slot with the goalie screened.
Still heres hoping he keeps it up.

The first was perfectly placed. Second a little lucky to get through.

It's nice to have another top 6 forward option though, since we aren't getting any offence from beyond the first line.

Reactions: Mijatovic

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Take away TWO pp goal?

Do you know who we played?
Do you know where they and we are in the standings?

We were hoping not to get destroyed by the Bruins.
The same criticism could be applied to many of the league's best players on any given night. Fabbri matched THE Riley Sheahan's season total in one game, it's all good.

Reactions: Henkka

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Fabbri is a natural offensive player. I highly doubt almost every forward on the wings would bury that. Have you seen the offensive stats of almost every forward on the wings not named Bertuzzi, Larkin or Mantha this year?

Reactions: NervousPerson

LeftWingLocked

Feb 24, 2018
That's what I like about having a "real" GM. Yzerman is looking left and right to make moves to improve this team. With Holland, there would be no trades, nothing, just him talking about keeping status quo and following the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad