Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Robby Fabbri for Jacob De La Rose

Christien

May 1, 2010
I like this trade. Fabbri has had a hard time with injuries, but he’s a smart player. I haven’t seen him a whole lot after he went through his first big injury, but hopefully he can spark some offense for us.

Old teammate of Bertuzzi from his Guelph Storm days

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I love this trade for you guys. Fabbri was well on his way to being a superstar(better rookie season than Tarasenko and Schwartz) until he blew out his ACL two years in a row. He’s shown some flashes of the player he used to be, but he just can’t get any playing time in St. Louis. I think he’ll be a really solid offensive player in a year or two if he just gets some consistent playing time. He needs time, but he’s going to be a good NHLer. His defense needs a lot of work, admittedly, but he’s got great offensive instincts.

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
At least Yzerman is trying to get us more competitve, good trade. JDL played well in a 4th line role, but he's a dime a dozen player. Hopefully Fabbri can rebound from some injuries.

Reactions: hkydave04

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Agreed, if we are going to suck let's at least make a few risks with young guys. Maybe one or two pan out, worst case your down a mid round pick and a waiver wire pick up... We will hopefully pick up a pick or two at the deadline, come out ahead and become younger.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
really a shame what happened to this guys career trajectory with all the injuries,says a lot that he only managed to return De La Rose in a trade after the way his career started off

not very hopeful that he becomes anything at this point but eh worth a shot I guess not like it cost much and there is some potential upside there however faint the chances of it may be

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
BOOM! We finally have a SC winner amongst us, that'll turn the ship around. But seriously, if Fabbri can:
1. stay healthy
2. learn to play well defensively/200ft.
3. find his rookie season offensive game, this could be a mior steal.

23, C, LHS, maybe he'll steal the 2C & run with it for now? Like Perlini, the opportunity is his to lose. 164 gp / 73pts = 36.5pts/82gp, solid 3rd line production. 60 PIM's so he's pretty clean. 5'10" 190lbs., big enough/stout.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Nice. De la rose was a free asset that filled a spot on the roster and got us a player with potential to fit in the middle six. Love this trade. Honestly if I remember correctly I was pulling for us to draft him the year we got Larkin. This team now has 3 2014 1st round picks on it.

Reactions: hkydave04

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Looks like Yzerman thinks Svech is shit.
Since the season started he's acquired Erne, Perlini and Fabbri.

I could like this deal if Fabbri was the C he was drafted as. Otherwise, it just seems like we're collecting guys who washed out of other organizations and playing them ahead of our own first rounder.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The guy I wanted over Dylan Larkin if Horvat didn't fall... So yeah I am happy guy and will admit that now embarrassing take.

Career has been derailed by injury. Hopefully he can get it going. But this is a skill trade. DLR has played well this year, I like him but dude cannot cash chances. Hopefully he does better in St. Louis, valuable depth player to a winning team hopefully that was wasted here. But I didn't hate watching him play, still a good move for us in my opinion.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Looks like Yzerman thinks Svech is ****.
Since the season started he's acquired Erne, Perlini and Fabbri.

I could like this deal if Fabbri was the C he was drafted as. Otherwise, it just seems like we're collecting guys who washed out of other organizations and playing them ahead of our own first rounder.
Or maybe, he wants his knee to get stronger & log top minutes in GR, while keeping him away from the dumpster fire. Then call him up later in season, or 20-21 start at latest. I think this is more likely than your assessment.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I hope he stays healthy and pans out, but it's a bummer to see DLR leave. He was our best 4th liner after Glendenning got moved up a couple lines because that's how bad our team is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad