Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I finally got to see this fight. Not even how you claim it was a dandy fight. There was about 4 punches thrown and none connected. I’m not sure what Keane did but Boka went out of his way twice to go after him. I think it was something that could have been done the next game they play each other. It wasn’t like Keane cheapshot a player after the buzzer or bumped the goalie. To me it not worth getting suspended for. Then again i didn’t get chance to watch the whole game. Just 5 min of last period.

Agreed

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
I finally got to see this fight. Not even how you claim it was a dandy fight. There was about 4 punches thrown and none connected. I’m not sure what Keane did but Boka went out of his way twice to go after him. I think it was something that could have been done the next game they play each other. It wasn’t like Keane cheapshot a player after the buzzer or bumped the goalie. To me it not worth getting suspended for. Then again i didn’t get chance to watch the whole game. Just 5 min of last period.

It wasn't anything that happened during the game. Those 2 were just out by the blue line talking and it seemed when Boka moved to skate away Keane hit him in the face and Boka decided he'd had enough. Everyone talking about wether they should have or shouldn't have, but fact is none of the Spits (Allen included) looked like they wanted to go, but Barrie would keep coming back pushing and shoving with 2 guys trying to get to Allen. Barrie had plenty of opportunities to leave the crease area and weren't. Sometimes you have to show you won't get pushed around in your own building. No probs for me with the 2 games.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Barrie and Windsor have had some bad blood for awhile - ever since Kirbygate. Barrie just would not let it go at the end. Douglas had his best game ( former team) and was hitting and chirping them all night and they just seemed riled up. Would have been nice if Douglas had been on the ice for the final whistle - would have ended quietly.

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
Barrie and Windsor have had some bad blood for awhile - ever since Kirbygate. Barrie just would not let it go at the end. Douglas had his best game ( former team) and was hitting and chirping them all night and they just seemed riled up. Would have been nice if Douglas had been on the ice for the final whistle - would have ended quietly.

When Boka and Keane were down on the ice Douglas was really giving it to Keane. Kind of made me laugh because whatever he was saying Keane wasn't agreeing with, but Douglas was just laughing at him, was kind of funny atm.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
It wasn't anything that happened during the game. Those 2 were just out by the blue line talking and it seemed when Boka moved to skate away Keane hit him in the face and Boka decided he'd had enough. Everyone talking about wether they should have or shouldn't have, but fact is none of the Spits (Allen included) looked like they wanted to go, but Barrie would keep coming back pushing and shoving with 2 guys trying to get to Allen. Barrie had plenty of opportunities to leave the crease area and weren't. Sometimes you have to show you won't get pushed around in your own building. No probs for me with the 2 games.
We must have seen the ending different. They were never close to the blueline until they started to fight and not once did Boka try skating away. I saw Keane and boka tied up in crease after mikey was at bench. They seperated and Keane skated to grab his stick at bottom of faceoff circle. Then boka skated over to him from the dot and had words with him and keane did nothing to him and skated away. Then another skirmish started top of crease a keane skated over and then skated away towards his bench. Boka who was on other side of net skated to him and pushed him so Keane hit him back. So it was Boka who was chasing him down and started it all. Also if your going to show a team you aren’t putting up with crease stuff how about you go after a guy that is in the crease. If you trying to send a message you take out a guy that is causing the problem. Not a dman who probably isn’t cauing trouble in the crease. Boka should have gotten more games then Keane since Boka was the one searching for him. Keane just stood up for himself.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Strangely enough, if Pekar had gone with Allen (whether he should or shouldn't have is another thing altogether) earlier in the game, none of this stuff happens. Pekar levels Allen, then laughs and refuses twice. If he had gone, I doubt the stuff happens in the crease at the end, the pile doesn't happen, and Boka/Keane don't go. That said, we wanted passion and energy out there. We got it. We also got two games. That's how it goes sometimes. In the older days, chances are you'd have had 2-3 guys tossed for this weekend because the ending would have been a line brawl.

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
We must have seen the ending different. They were never close to the blueline until they started to fight and not once did Boka try skating away. I saw Keane and boka tied up in crease after mikey was at bench. They seperated and Keane skated to grab his stick at bottom of faceoff circle. Then boka skated over to him from the dot and had words with him and keane did nothing to him and skated away. Then another skirmish started top of crease a keane skated over and then skated away towards his bench. Boka who was on other side of net skated to him and pushed him so Keane hit him back. So it was Boka who was chasing him down and started it all. Also if your going to show a team you aren’t putting up with crease stuff how about you go after a guy that is in the crease. If you trying to send a message you take out a guy that is causing the problem. Not a dman who probably isn’t cauing trouble in the crease. Boka should have gotten more games then Keane since Boka was the one searching for him. Keane just stood up for himself.

Were you there? Your account of what happened is not even close to what i saw. Both players were just staing just inside the spits blue line, neither player showing any aggression, Boka leaned back like he was leaving and Keane got his gloves in Boka's face. It pissed Boka off and he dropped him. Everything was fine till Keane smacked him in the face with his gloves on. Fail to see how that's Boka starting it. How one player deserved more is a bit laughable.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Were you there? Your account of what happened is not even close to what i saw. Both players were just staing just inside the spits blue line, neither player showing any aggression, Boka leaned back like he was leaving and Keane got his gloves in Boka's face. It pissed Boka off and he dropped him. Everything was fine till Keane smacked him in the face with his gloves on. Fail to see how that's Boka starting it. How one player deserved more is a bit laughable.
No i wasn’t there. I just watched the replay on TV and it was not even close to what you described. I suggest you find it and watch it cause your recollection is not even close to what happened. I guess the tv replay is just fake news

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
No i wasn’t there. I just watched the replay on TV and it was not even close to what you described. I suggest you find it and watch it cause your recollection is not even close to what happened. I guess the tv replay is just fake news
TV version never gives you the whole picture - I agree with Fireball959's version. It happened right in front of me. I do have it on DVR so when I'm back home this week I will watch it again.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Here's the vid dudes, for education and discussion purposes only - keep it out of your "private time" collection.

Reactions: ohloutsider

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Strangely enough, if Pekar had gone with Allen (whether he should or shouldn't have is another thing altogether) earlier in the game, none of this stuff happens. Pekar levels Allen, then laughs and refuses twice. If he had gone, I doubt the stuff happens in the crease at the end, the pile doesn't happen, and Boka/Keane don't go. That said, we wanted passion and energy out there. We got it. We also got two games. That's how it goes sometimes. In the older days, chances are you'd have had 2-3 guys tossed for this weekend because the ending would have been a line brawl.

2 games is what he should of gotten.
Not how it goes sometimes.
Shouldn't fight after the game.

Reactions: TheGremlin

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015

Easy don't get your panties in a wad, I was just asking because I didn't see the TV coverage so wasn't sure how much they were focused on it. Judging by that clip Otto posted idk, still looks to me like Keane throws the first one and then Boka accepts. I could see his facial expression change after Keane throws the punch.

Ohloutsider, were you surprised with the crowd as well? It was a small crowd but I don't anyone left before this one was completely over. Usually you see a steady stream head for the exits but crowd that stayed seamed the same, even for the 3 stars.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor at Erie.
Dipietro and Murphy the starters in goal.
Luke Boka and Sean Allen not dressed for Spits.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Easy don't get your panties in a wad, I was just asking because I didn't see the TV coverage so wasn't sure how much they were focused on it. Judging by that clip Otto posted idk, still looks to me like Keane throws the first one and then Boka accepts. I could see his facial expression change after Keane throws the punch.

Ohloutsider, were you surprised with the crowd as well? It was a small crowd but I don't anyone left before this one was completely over. Usually you see a steady stream head for the exits but crowd that stayed seamed the same, even for the 3 stars.
Yes they were into the scrum big time. I'm not a fan of fighting but man I am in a minority on this one - loudest the fans have been all year - also keep in mind most fans new DiPietro had tied the Spits win record and wanted to cheer for him as he would be one of the stars.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere

You need to see it on a big screen. Boka gave first shove. That clip also doesn’t show boka following keane earlier in the scrum as keane went to get his stick. Maybe keane said something earlier i don’t know. I’m just saying you go at him the next game. Only get a 5 min penalty and not 2 game suspension.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
You guys prefer a quiet bench? Maybe I'm alone in thinking a rowdy, pumped up bench is a good thing.
All i’m saying is no benefit or upside having the rowdy bench after a fight after the game. You make it sound like a great thing and it benefited the team. I believe it would have had bigger impact if it happened early in the next game they play each other.

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
There's always a benefit to a pumped up team, whether it's the first minute or last minute. It energizes the team and brings them closer together. While the "to fight or not to fight" debate is irrelevant at this point, I'd 100% take a pumped up team in that situation instead of a team that sits there and goes "whatever, shouldn't have gone." I'd imagine most people would feel the same way. If stuff happens next game, that's fine, but in the heat of the moment, energy like that is never bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad