Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
No,not surprised on a team that has had trouble scoring goals,guy with most ice time, only 18,2nd full year on D,and expected to carry heavy load both ways.
Should be noted he is a 0 in last 2 games both wins,plus he has added to the offense,more upside then down.
Stsrokov is -5 in 3 less games,and has 4 less points,he is a guy I am more concerned about then Corcoran.
Is Corcoran perfect no,just doesn't deserve the bad publicity here.
He might have been a 0 but he was a -2 thursday night to drop him down to even over those 2 games. So now it doesn’t sound so good.

Reactions: aresknights

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Not sure why you criticize the D in particular Corcoran, team has only allowed 7 goals even strength in past 4 games,yet u say nothing about his offense has scored 2 goals in last 2 games both pp goals,3 points in last 3,to me tying things up in the 3rd by Corcoran was redemption for his and the teams play in the 2nd.
Vegas clearly saw something in him to draft him knowing full well last year was his 1st full year playing D.
Guess I shouldn't be surprised, you rather extoll negatives about the players or team,nice balance,nice to see you are perfect in your job next.

You should probably watch Corcoran and his 1 on 1 play against Chiodo and Brown for the 2nd and 3rd Colts goal. That was some real soft D, getting out muscled. That's fine he got drafted now the next step is to actually get signed. Just because he got the tying goal doesn't make his poor in zone coverage acceptable. It's not extolling negatives it's a team that is .500. There are a lot of bad signs right now eg. last year they banked points 11-5-1 in the 1st quarter, right now they're treading water with the biggest shoe to drop in DiPietro going to WJ's most likely and probably getting traded. That doesn't bode well overall for the rest of the season. You were doing backflips over the hype of Starikov in the summer and now he's a healthy scratch a fair bit. You talk about his below average play after hyping him up as a top 100 prospect. Game on Legend this is what you wanted and you got it. Heck Rychel even said this group reminded him of 07-08 and in the words of the venerable Judge Smails.

17fc89da63b8a1e2cee12b5574ec0b58.jpg

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Why watch the play Razor and actually evaluate a players effectiveness/contribution/usefullness, when u can just selectively grasp stats that fit the narrative you wanna portray?

This whole 5on5 this, EN this ect....
to suggest all is OK over the last few years is useless.(its been at least 3 if not 4 with that poster- if not longer)
Esp. without a comparison of stats to other teams for revelance (which is always left out, and Im guessing purposely)
Bottom line is you are what your record says you are. And in spite of selectively using outdated/dinosaur stats to justify whatever point trying to be made it doesn't change reality.
A team that hasn't done much (other than a 1 week stretch) over last 8 years or so..........

Last edited:
Reactions: windsor7

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Why watch the play Razor and actually evaluate a players effectiveness/contribution/usefullnesswhen u can just selectively grasp stats that fit the narrative you wanna portray?

This whole 5on5 this, EN this ect....
to suggest all is OK over the last few years is useless.(its been at least 3 if not 4 with that poster- if not longer)
Esp. without a comparison of stats to other teams for revelance (which is always left out, and Im guessing purposely)
Bottom line is you are what your record says you are. And in spite of selectively using outdated/dinosaur stats to justify whatever point trying to be made it doesn't change reality.
A team that hasn't done much (other than a 1 week stretch) over last 8 years or so..........

This 5 on 5, EN stuff is just window dressing. Go into the store and see what this team is. This team is either.

A) Performing to their overall talent relatively speaking.

B) Under performing based upon the comments by Rychel when he said this group reminded him of 07/08. Maybe some irrational exuberance by Warren and that's fine. If what he says this is the case then the coaching staff has to own this. Considering if you look at the PP over the past year which has been awful. PK has been great but... then what happens when you play 5 on 5 hockey?

C) The team is overachieving. I doubt anyone would say that, maybe there is 1 or 2 people but that's a reach.

Yes there are 57 games left but you can get a good idea of what a team is after this. Eg. Flint is the worst team in the league, they won't go winless, at some point they may win a few games in a row but they will still be the worst team in the league. At some point the Spits will run off a few games in a row and win those games. Last year they banked a large amount of points at some point this year they will need a stretch of .670 hockey to reach their mark of last year. I doubt anybody is going out on that ledge right now.

Reactions: aresknights

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
You should probably watch Corcoran and his 1 on 1 play against Chiodo and Brown for the 2nd and 3rd Colts goal. That was some real soft D, getting out muscled. That's fine he got drafted now the next step is to actually get signed. Just because he got the tying goal doesn't make his poor in zone coverage acceptable. It's not extolling negatives it's a team that is .500. There are a lot of bad signs right now eg. last year they banked points 11-5-1 in the 1st quarter, right now they're treading water with the biggest shoe to drop in DiPietro going to WJ's most likely and probably getting traded. That doesn't bode well overall for the rest of the season. You were doing backflips over the hype of Starikov in the summer and now he's a healthy scratch a fair bit. You talk about his below average play after hyping him up as a top 100 prospect. Game on Legend this is what you wanted and you got it. Heck Rychel even said this group reminded him of 07-08 and in the words of the venerable Judge Smails.

17fc89da63b8a1e2cee12b5574ec0b58.jpg
I agree about Corcoran. He played very poorly in his own end on Thursday. Starikov was the same. Corcoran has been very good in the other team's end, and his goal has very impressive. However he could not move the puck out of his own end. The rest of the league will soon realize that if you forecheck the Spits, they will cough up the puck.

Reactions: windsor7

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Is there a Spits D-man with a worse plus/minus than Corcoran's -6?
Plus/minus be damned. The question is is there a better D-man on the Spits. The answer is no.
For those whining about him not doing a good job getting the puck out his zone. The short answer is poor coaching. If you have someone who can move it out consistently play him with Corcoran. If you haven’t got one then it falls on the GM to get someone who can..

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Great effort last night at Niagara,too bad Windsor came up on the wrong side of 4-3 score,despite the efforts of rookie Kari Piironen, and coming back to tie the game on a goal by Jordan Frasca.
Game was riddled with questionable calls leading directly to 3 of their goals including a blown icing call with the Spit dman clearly ahead of Niagara skater,its gets waved and a pass to the open man in front results in winning goal with a minute and half left.
On their 1st goal Spits clipped in face by a skate in corner,he goes down,play continues and Niagara scores,Niagara 2nd goal goes off skate of Corcoran nice break and on their 3rd goal player clearly in crease for count of 5 not being impeded and the PP goal counts.
Toss in being penalized 6-2 and one wonders how this real good game otherwise was so close.Only those who are blind and dumb thinks officicating doesn't affects outcomes , it does.
That being said proud of the effort and resolve of the whole team in this one,too bad it was 6 on5 for some of night,and I am not talking extra players on ice for Niagara either.
One questionable call u can live with especially early but 3,no way.
I want a game that's fair to both,not just one,and that's including my own team.

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Great effort last night at Niagara,too bad Windsor came up on the wrong side of 4-3 score,despite the efforts of rookie Kari Piironen, and coming back to tie the game on a goal by Jordan Frasca.
Game was riddled with questionable calls leading directly to 3 of their goals including a blown icing call with the Spit dman clearly ahead of Niagara skater,its gets waved and a pass to the open man in front results in winning goal with a minute and half left.
On their 1st goal Spits clipped in face by a skate in corner,he goes down,play continues and Niagara scores,Niagara 2nd goal goes off skate of Corcoran nice break and on their 3rd goal player clearly in crease for count of 5 not being impeded and the PP goal counts.
Toss in being penalized 6-2 and one wonders how this real good game otherwise was so close.Only those who are blind and dumb thinks officicating doesn't affects outcomes , it does.
That being said proud of the effort and resolve of the whole team in this one,too bad it was 6 on5 for some of night,and I am not talking extra players on ice for Niagara either.
One questionable call u can live with especially early but 3,no way.
I want a game that's fair to both,not just one,and that's including my own team.

Refs fault? That's a new one. Hahaha.
The Refs have always been inconsistent in this league. U never know what u r going to get. Best to just move on to next game.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I watched it 3 times Windsor skater was ahead of player when going to puck and crossed the line,it was a bad call period,especially late in game.
It looked from my angle Bruder got the puck with his stick first and besides where the defence leaving an open man in front of the net.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I’ve been bitching about this D since last year. It’s not getting better and the coaches have got to own it!! No there’s no one to replace what we have but those we have should be getting better!! Their not! Yea refs are terrible but they have been since at least the 70’s when I started going lol. I do agree refs can change the outcome just gotta hope the calls come around. This team is still making passes instead of shooting, missing nets often and can’t clear their own zone. It may be time, again, to look behind the bench. There is talent there that’s not responding.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
A little late to comment on last nights but here goes - Help! I'm really not sure what to think anymore - are they good but struggling? Are they bad but working hard to stay in games? Do the refs suck? Do the coaches suck? Maybe I'm expecting too much from a young team? Usually by game 10 you are starting to get a read on a team but I'm grasping at straws with this team - You know there is potential there but they can't seem to get that going. There are bright spots - the rookies so I guess I will just give them another 10 games, the old wait and see.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Officiating in the OHL is mediocre, and will always be mediocre.

The good officials will be promoted to the NHL.

The bad officials will disappear.

The mediocre officials have a career in the OHL.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
4-3 Windsor final. Boka and Keane with a dandy tilt after game. This was the game Windsor needed.
I finally got to see this fight. Not even how you claim it was a dandy fight. There was about 4 punches thrown and none connected. I’m not sure what Keane did but Boka went out of his way twice to go after him. I think it was something that could have been done the next game they play each other. It wasn’t like Keane cheapshot a player after the buzzer or bumped the goalie. To me it not worth getting suspended for. Then again i didn’t get chance to watch the whole game. Just 5 min of last period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad