Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
There's always a benefit to a pumped up team, whether it's the first minute or last minute. It energizes the team and brings them closer together. While the "to fight or not to fight" debate is irrelevant at this point, I'd 100% take a pumped up team in that situation instead of a team that sits there and goes "whatever, shouldn't have gone." I'd imagine most people would feel the same way. If stuff happens next game, that's fine, but in the heat of the moment, energy like that is never bad.

So they got pumped up to go up to play Niagara? Showed on scoreboard. Didn't score enough.
Why is the fight debate irrelevant?
Because not everyone sees your side?

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
There's always a benefit to a pumped up team, whether it's the first minute or last minute. It energizes the team and brings them closer together. While the "to fight or not to fight" debate is irrelevant at this point, I'd 100% take a pumped up team in that situation instead of a team that sits there and goes "whatever, shouldn't have gone." I'd imagine most people would feel the same way. If stuff happens next game, that's fine, but in the heat of the moment, energy like that is never bad.
I didnt know you were in the room all the time to know this will bring the team closer together. So the teams Bilke was on must mean those team were very very close. Bench will always be rowdy after a fight. When have you ever seen a team sit there and look like “whatever” after any fight. Id like you to show me a fight where bench doesnt care. Even when their player loses they are pumped.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I didnt know you were in the room all the time to know this will bring the team closer together. So the teams Bilke was on must mean those team were very very close. Bench will always be rowdy after a fight. When have you ever seen a team sit there and look like “whatever” after any fight. Id like you to show me a fight where bench doesnt care. Even when their player loses they are pumped.

The Bilcke team was a close one... and thanks for proving my point. The team was pumped after the fight, which is a good thing. You won't always win the next game, or even the current game, but I love teams that get amped up and stand up for each other.

Why is the fight debate irrelevant?
Because not everyone sees your side?

The two sides will never, ever agree. The horse is basically dust at this point.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
The Bilcke team was a close one... and thanks for proving my point. The team was pumped after the fight, which is a good thing. You won't always win the next game, or even the current game, but I love teams that get amped up and stand up for each other.

U missed the point. Or don't want to hear about it.
But that happens......

Last edited:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
3-2 Windsor right now mid-3p in Erie. McDonald, Kutkevicius, and Cuylle have goals. Frasca, Staios, Douglas, and Foudy (at least) have assists. Opening goal for Erie was a miscue by Foudy that saw him put the puck into his own net on a delayed Erie penalty.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere

The two sides will never, ever agree. The horse is basically dust at this point.

They were close cauae you said so??? You keep stating the obvious. When was the last time a bench wasn’t pumped after a fight??? Also good teammates will stand up for teammates whether they like them or not. Also no one has told me what Keane did for Boka to go after. Did Keane do something to someone??? If not how did Boka stand up for teammate???

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
They were close cauae you said so??? You keep stating the obvious. When was the last time a bench wasn’t pumped after a fight??? Also good teammates will stand up for teammates whether they like them or not. Also no one has told me what Keane did for Boka to go after. Did Keane do something to someone??? If not how did Boka stand up for teammate???

Pretty reasonable questions.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Yeah, just because I said they were close, they were. (did I lay that sarcasm on thick enough?? lol)

Boka stood up for his team who was involved in the melee. Keane obviously said something that pissed Boka off, so Boka defended. Given we're not in the scrum, it's tough to know what was said. Boka's not the type to just go for the sake of going, though, and we've seen that many times.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Yeah, just because I said they were close, they were. (did I lay that sarcasm on thick enough?? lol)

Boka stood up for his team who was involved in the melee. Keane obviously said something that pissed Boka off, so Boka defended. Given we're not in the scrum, it's tough to know what was said. Boka's not the type to just go for the sake of going, though, and we've seen that many times.
So now that makes it worse that Boka would risk suspension just Keane said something to him he didn’t like. And it isn’t obvious something was said. Did Boka tell you that?? The TV didn’t show everything but Keane was in the scrum and Boka pulled him out. After that i didn’t see anything until Keane went to get his stick and boka went over to him. Boka sought Keane out at least twice. Pretty much what you said is Boka put himself ahead of the team.

stips

Apr 3, 2016
I don't understand the choice of overtime shooters. Was it meant to send a message? I guess who cares if we win. This attitude will excite the fans, and draw an even bigger crowd this Thurs.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I was surprised with the shootout lineup, too. Maybe giving the kids a chance (though, Foudy/Cuylle would have been my first choices in that sense). At least DiPietro gets a shot to get the win record at home.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I don't understand the choice of overtime shooters. Was it meant to send a message? I guess who cares if we win. This attitude will excite the fans, and draw an even bigger crowd this Thurs.

Yes.
The choices were strange.
It's like the coach has no clue what to do.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

If you're trying to grasp at straws to rationalize how important a fight is then that fight means very little. That fight got the guys so rowdy they got 1 point in their next 2 games.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
I agree the choices were questionable. Cuylle was the only one to make sense to me. I would have had Purboo and probably Douglas in there. Both are slow (who cares in a shoot-out), but both have good hands and can put the puck in the net. However, we now know that Morgan can put a puck in the net.

I would assume, the players selected are players that perform the best in shoot-outs at practice. Since I don't attend practice, I don't know, but I would like to believe that.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
As far as Foudy mistake today, that ultimately cost the Spits a point, it was a mistake made by a 16 year old rookie that was lackadaisical with the puck. It was too bad, but he should be more careful with the puck. I am quite certain that he will never be careless with the puck again. I am not saying he won't make mistakes and cough up the puck, but he will be thinking a lot more when he has the puck.

I saw Al Karlander of the Wings do the same thing in 1970-1971 against the Leafs. However, they lost that game 13-0.

My thought when it happened is if DiPietro doesn't allow another goal, that goof will have cost him becoming the All-Time OHL Leader in shutouts.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
As far as Foudy mistake today, that ultimately cost the Spits a point, it was a mistake made by a 16 year old rookie that was lackadaisical with the puck. It was too bad, but he should be more careful with the puck. I am quite certain that he will never be careless with the puck again. I am not saying he won't make mistakes and cough up the puck, but he will be thinking a lot more when he has the puck.

I saw Al Karlander of the Wings do the same thing in 1970-1971 against the Leafs. However, they lost that game 13-0.

My thought when it happened is if DiPietro doesn't allow another goal, that goof will have cost him becoming the All-Time OHL Leader in shutouts.

Should be noted that the goal didn't count against Dipietro and his goal against average.Game records show 2GA,as the shootout goal doesn't count either against a tender's average either.
Erie's 1st goal counts against Spit empty net goal amount which after 12 games stands at 7.
Last Spits allowed 10 empty netters in 68
games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad