Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Hey 7 are u a pacifist??? That fight needed to happen just took a long time to start. They took liberties all night, lm sure it was well received in the room. Now as for a good tilt... wasn’t much of a scrap let’s not oversell it. Yes if he gets suspended it was still worth it. I’m still gonna pass along stuff I hear if I’m comfortable with the source bit I’ll also eat it if it’s wrong. As for JR, don’t be so sure SR did this, jr and Lynch have wanted another year playing together. More likely they’ve seen the future for jr and this was a personal decision. Now to the game. The D is TERRIBLE!!! I think Henault is playing himself off the team for one. Lots of brutal mental lapses from the whole group. When you see an entire group continue to screw up as they are you gotta look at the D coach. Very little chemistry back there. Loved the come back and the third period. Really like to see Cuylie start to step it up. He was rated higher than Foudy, yet Foudy Is by far the better player to date. Let’s see how they play in the falls tonight and Erie sun.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Hey 7 are u a pacifist??? That fight needed to happen just took a long time to start. They took liberties all night, lm sure it was well received in the room. Now as for a good tilt... wasn’t much of a scrap let’s not oversell it. Yes if he gets suspended it was still worth it. I’m still gonna pass along stuff I hear if I’m comfortable with the source bit I’ll also eat it if it’s wrong. As for JR, don’t be so sure SR did this, jr and Lynch have wanted another year playing together. More likely they’ve seen the future for jr and this was a personal decision. Now to the game. The D is TERRIBLE!!! I think Henault is playing himself off the team for one. Lots of brutal mental lapses from the whole group. When you see an entire group continue to screw up as they are you gotta look at the D coach. Very little chemistry back there. Loved the come back and the third period. Really like to see Cuylie start to step it up. He was rated higher than Foudy, yet Foudy Is by far the better player to date. Let’s see how they play in the falls tonight and Erie sun.

If as u said it "needed" to happen why not do it during the actual game not after. Or wait till next weekend n go then as they play barrie again. Sometimes it smarter to just keep it in the memory bank n go another time.
There is always a need and time to fight. After a game is over is not a smart way to go for a fight. U have to be smart to be a good hockey player. Fighting after a game is not smart at all.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
If as u said it "needed" to happen why not do it during the actual game not after. Or wait till next weekend n go then as they play barrie again. Sometimes it smarter to just keep it in the memory bank n go another time.
There is always a need and time to fight. After a game is over is not a smart way to go for a fight. U have to be smart to be a good hockey player. Fighting after a game is not smart at all.

So Boka gets 2 games for the fight and the rookies get a little taller and a little braver. I can live with that. It's not the end of the world. I was surprised Boka was the guy who had to step up as Allen was on the ice. I'm not a tree hugger, thats a fact, sometimes you do need to step up..

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Hockey is an emotional game, you get that right? You don’t settle that at the time, it doesn’t get the point across. Other teams feel they can do it as well and it spirals. Stand up when it’s needed and move on. To answer your concern, does a game out for Boka, if it happens, hurt the team more than the fight helped the team?? My answer is absolutely not!!

Reactions: OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
So Boka gets 2 games for the fight and the rookies get a little taller and a little braver. I can live with that. It's not the end of the world. I was surprised Boka was the guy who had to step up as Allen was on the ice. I'm not a tree hugger, thats a fact, sometimes you do need to step up..

I am totally good with the rookies getting more ice time. Let's see what they can do. Boka hasn't brought much.
Vets haven't stepped up.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Boka had to step in - he is the captain, at some point he needed to step up. Sanvido only had to fight once to get other teams attention, has to be done and I am not a fan of fighting. Allen restrained himself well - Colts tried to goat him into a fight but he was not buying. He knows he needs to save the fights - already has 1 fight. Not even sure what the Colts were trying to prove last night - looked like some bad blood which is funny for teams that only place twice every year.

Defense is an issue but they are young - I think you just need to understand it is not our Go year so let them play and let them learn - It looks to me that they are on the upswing so I'm good with the group so far.

Reactions: OHLTG

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
I am totally good with the rookies getting more ice time. Let's see what they can do. Boka hasn't brought much.
Vets haven't stepped up.
Did you not watch the game last night? Vets stepped up last night big time against a better team. If I didn't know better I'd think your posts are only intended to start an argument.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Hockey is an emotional game, you get that right? You don’t settle that at the time, it doesn’t get the point across. Other teams feel they can do it as well and it spirals. Stand up when it’s needed and move on. To answer your concern, does a game out for Boka, if it happens, hurt the team more than the fight helped the team?? My answer is absolutely not!!

Yes I understand hockey a emotional game.
But u have to be smart too.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Did you not watch the game last night? Vets stepped up last night big time against a better team. If I didn't know better I'd think your posts are only intended to start an argument.

Yes I watched the game.
Not convinced vets have stepped up.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Any suggestions on who we trade? Who do we trade for and what would other teams trade that would upgrade on who we have now? Remembering that we can only trade players for other players as we have no spare picks. Remember as well no other team is giving you an A player for a B or C player.
Must have not had my mike on when I asked this question - Windsor7 was hoping you had some input for this question or maybe others have an idea?

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
SPITFIRE HOME ATTENDANCE...
Spits home attendance so far this season. In case you were thinking it's been lower than normal.. 6 home games so far..
1 4960
2 3429
3 3481
4 3621
5 3698
6 3565

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
SPITFIRE HOME ATTENDANCE...
Spits home attendance so far this season. In case you were thinking it's been lower than normal.. 6 home games so far..
1 4960
2 3429
3 3481
4 3621
5 3698
6 3565

Wait till the smoking rule comes in effect as of next home game.

Reactions: TheGremlin

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't think there was a player on that bench that thought "Luke, don't fight!!" It might have been the rowdiest bench I've seen all season. He got two games for it but, in the words of Mighty Ducks... "well worth it."

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I don't think there was a player on that bench that thought "Luke, don't fight!!" It might have been the rowdiest bench I've seen all season. He got two games for it but, in the words of Mighty Ducks... "well worth it."

Serious question.
Is there ever a fight u don't like?

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Ok stop we get it. You prefer the sissyfied version of the sport. You’d be taken way more seriously if you weren’t so negative. On a side note, I’ve said this forever, these players are still kids, they make decisions many of us will never understand. Yes they have advisors but any parent knows how hard changing a teenagers mind can be. Do not read to much into stuff that happens. I’m not talking about fighting either.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Ok stop we get it. You prefer the sissyfied version of the sport. You’d be taken way more seriously if you weren’t so negative. On a side note, I’ve said this forever, these players are still kids, they make decisions many of us will never understand. Yes they have advisors but any parent knows how hard changing a teenagers mind can be. Do not read to much into stuff that happens. I’m not talking about fighting either.

Not the sissy game.
Skating hard. Checking clean n lots of shots is a big part of the game.
This need to fight because "U" have to is going away. It's not like they r playing at the barn where there was many many fights. If u want just fighting pick a different sport.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Serious question.
Is there ever a fight u don't like?

I wasn't a big fan of a few former Spitfires dropping the gloves, mainly because they didn't win and the fights were always short wrestling matches. That created almost zero buzz in the stands or bench, which doesn't help.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Must have not had my mike on when I asked this question - Windsor7 was hoping you had some input for this question or maybe others have an idea?

IMHO the Spits are in no position to do much at this point. Once they trade DiPietro there are other moves they can make. Until then they are limited because of lack of draft picks, and lack of assets to move. Obviously they have an O/A slot open. My guess is WR will fill this on the cheap. At least that's been his track record as often as possible. The only player of potential value they could possibly move is, to put it delicately, disgruntled. Vets who have value won't be moved at this point but in all likelihood will be dealt before Jan 10th.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
This need to fight because "U" have to is going away. It's not like they r playing at the barn where there was many many fights. If u want just fighting pick a different sport.

Let's be clear - staged fights and "fighting because you have to" are two very different things. Staged fights are going away, which is fine. Fighting for a reason, whether it's for team, previous incident, momentum, etc. will always be there, whether people like that or not. If you don't like fighting, pick a different sport...

member 71782

Last night was far from a good game by the Spits for the most part. It was the result they needed but certainly not the game they needed.

To say their play was sloppy most of the game would be generous, passing was horrible most of the time, they were out of sync defensively most of the night and in the end were fortunate in the third period.

A number of the youngsters didn't have their best game which is to be expected at times when they are carrying so much of the load but so many in one game? Shows it was an overall poor team performance.

Good to see a couple of vets contribute a bit more than they have been but they were still part of that team performance.

This was the type of game where even though it wasn't a good game they showed they can pull it together enough to get a win.

On to Niagara tonight where they face a team that is expected to be near the top but not showing yet just how good they can be. Any less than stellar efforts could cost this team big tonight.

Agree their defensive zone systems and play needs a lot of work. They are struggling when their opponents are applying pressure and are having trouble maintaining position/control then regrouping if they regain control. Some of it is youth but some of it appears to be the systems itself.

As for the end of game altercation, it wasn't needed last night at the point that it happened. There is a time and place when it makes sense regardless of time on the clock but after Boka had basically skated away from the scrum then turned back to look to partner up with someone was not the way to do it. The scrum was at the crease area, Boka's "fight" was in front of the bench. Sure the players got into it, they always support their team mate in that type of situation but that "fight" was not one that was going to rally the team going forward. It does ensure Morgan draws back in and Boka, who has been a liability most nights gets a seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad