Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
It's the nature of the beast when a player logs a lot of minutes, it happens. Purboo has been pretty solid as of late, hope he keeps it up.
Yes he logs a lot of minutes but so does boka and he puts up less points. I don’t like the plus minus but when you are on the ice for over half of the other teams goals in 3 games then kinda shows he needs to work on defense.

Reactions: aresknights

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
In Ottawa game he was on the ice for all 4 goals and hamilton on the ice for 3 out of 5. Against petes 2 out 4. He was -3 against ottawa and -2 against hamilton. So unless those teams scored 5 empty net goals you point is invalid. I love how you think you know everything. Check your facts before coming at me. Good thing he got some points or his minus be worse on the team.

Actually prior to the Hamilton game he was -5 for the season,now he is -7 and he was on the ice for the 3 empty netters Ham,Ott, and Peterborough scored, so he was a plus player empty netters not withstanding.
So before u come at me u better know everything like I do.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Then why did he spend 2 months in Windsor? Why the long standing rumors from "insiders" his buddy from the Q was joining him in Windsor? Why, when this didn't happen did he all of a sudden say hey its my last year Im heading back to Michigan instead of figuring that out in the spring or summer.

Maybe there is nothing to it all. But it is interesting considering all the factors. Could have been any # of reasons he choose to bail after 2 months and Id support alot of them. Just curious considering....

I hear ya! But as we all know things can change, Would have been nice if he made that decision in the Summer but it is what it is. I never believed any of that Lynch crap! lol That was completly fabricated from the start.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't believe that it was fabricated. Truly. This isn't the only place I had heard it. That said, circumstances chance in the blink and we've all seen it. Yeah, it's unfortunate that he's not coming but we shall move on.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Yes he logs a lot of minutes but so does boka and he puts up less points. I don’t like the plus minus but when you are on the ice for over half of the other teams goals in 3 games then kinda shows he needs to work on defense.

I agree!! Hopefully the next 3 games tells a different story.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I agree with those who would rather see the kids getting the ice time but with this team sitting with a 4-5-0-0 record and Rychel looking for a top 4 spot in the conference I doubt he leaves that spot open.

Rychel is going to want to find some way to "add more veteran leadership" and consistent offensive production. The problem is one OA isn't going to change the fortunes of the team if the others who have not been contributing remain in place. This team is not one move away from getting things on track, they are four or five moves, both additions and subtractions.

Unless Boka, Purboo, and Kutkevicius among others can start contributing more it should be time to add some more youth to the roster whether it be from internally or externally.

There is a large chasm between what the organization thought of the team and what they have done to date. As we saw and I would agree if they do move a couple pieces it's probably a 7th-8th seed. Nobody should be happy with that and honestly that shouldn't be the case considering a lot of the heavy lifting was done last January. What has happened to certain players? Why does the PP still struggle. There's time to still figure it out but a lot will be dictated upon the moves this team makes and if certain players start taking ownership of this group.

Reactions: member 71782

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
I don't believe that it was fabricated. Truly. This isn't the only place I had heard it. That said, circumstances chance in the blink and we've all seen it. Yeah, it's unfortunate that he's not coming but we shall move on.

It had been put out there by some "insider" it caught some steam....but I know for a fact it was not on the radar.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
That is an interseting ?
Esp in light of those rumors that his buddy would sign in Windsor. But it didn't happen in spite of assurances from some his Q team couldn't block the move. ( Im not sure of the rule quoted at the time) Change of mind on signing in Windsor perhaps? Someone misinterpreted the rule and he couldn't sign? Player felt state side was a better option? Who knows.
For Larionov to also up and leave is cause to wonder why neither happened at the very least.

Larionov Sr probably tried to release Lynch from Drummondville's protected list and it never happened. It seems to me he thinks he can send his players wherever he wants in the CHL but it doesn't work that way... at least, it isn't supposed to work that way.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
At the very least Purboo will always be a lightning rod for opinions. At this point as always has remained streaky and what comes with that is inconsistency. He has worked hard to improve his game but the biggest this he lacks is speed. This hurts him in his ability to play against top lines and in the end hurts his +-. The problem is he's probably maxed out his talent , maybe he will score a couple more goals than last year but at this stage he needs to make a larger impact on games.

Reactions: OHLTG

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I’ll eat crow on this. Yep Lunch isn’t coming lol. Now you know it alls calling it “fabricated” and “ you know for a fact”. You don’t know!! Lynch was coming here. Went to US team, enjoyed it, made some friends and was close to home. Decided to stay. Jr wanted to play with and chose to go. End of story. Nothing more to it. As for another OA I’d only take a proven goal scorer. But, to play a young guy that isn’t getting it done doesn’t make sense either. At this level you need to perform to stay. Yea sometime warm bodies get to stay but you’ll be on thin ice. Seems to be 2 sides on this board although the negative side could be one guy with MPD as the rhetoric is way to similar lol.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Quick geography lesson. Larionov lives in the Detroit area. Muskegon is 3 hours away, while Windsor is less than an hour ( depending on customs).

Also, in the CHL, OAs get paid $500 per week. The USHL is an NCAA development league and doesn't pay players.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Quick geography lesson. Larionov lives in the Detroit area. Muskegon is 3 hours away, while Windsor is less than an hour ( depending on customs).

Also, in the CHL, OAs get paid $500 per week. The USHL is an NCAA development league and doesn't pay players.

Actually overages get 200 per week
in monies.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
I’ll eat crow on this. Yep Lunch isn’t coming lol. Now you know it alls calling it “fabricated” and “ you know for a fact”. You don’t know!! Lynch was coming here. Went to US team, enjoyed it, made some friends and was close to home. Decided to stay. Jr wanted to play with and chose to go. End of story. Nothing more to it. As for another OA I’d only take a proven goal scorer. But, to play a young guy that isn’t getting it done doesn’t make sense either. At this level you need to perform to stay. Yea sometime warm bodies get to stay but you’ll be on thin ice. Seems to be 2 sides on this board although the negative side could be one guy with MPD as the rhetoric is way to similar lol.

Because I knew this information that does mean I am a "know it all " You saying "Lynch was coming" was obviously something you really wanted to believe. Sometimes people hear different information than you do, if their information turns out to be true.....you just gotta except it, no need to throw barbs out.

Reactions: aresknights

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Good for Eric but he's in an awful situation. The franchise is run by the league, the CHL commish's son is the GM. He's the one responsible for all those players and this is what they have? OHL needs better and Branch should ask for better.
Agreed - but I hope it is a good stepping stone for him.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Because I knew this information that does mean I am a "know it all " You saying "Lynch was coming" was obviously something you really wanted to believe. Sometimes people hear different information than you do, if their information turns out to be true.....you just gotta except it, no need to throw barbs out.
You claimed “it was fabricated” I simply debunked that. I heard it directly out of an agents mouth that’s y I repeated it. For you to say it wasn’t simply isn’t true.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
You claimed “it was fabricated” I simply debunked that. I heard it directly out of an agents mouth that’s y I repeated it. For you to say it wasn’t simply isn’t true.

I know 100 % Lynch was not on the Spit's radar, with that said you very well could have heard that out of a agents mouth I do not doubt that or put that into question. People hear information all the time, I shared what I know not to be true, it's not a big deal. Maybe when I used the "Fabricated" that was the wrong choice or words, I knew that Lynch was not on the radar...so to speak.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Like I said 6 weeks ago or so it's along the lines of rumor mongering. If people don't like that term that's fine. Is dishing dirt more appropriate? If someone is going to spread a rumor you better hope your source is impeccable. Hence why people talk about wanting to hear it from the horses mouth. If you want to say something and speak to it as fact you should put your name on it and say your source because it's quite possible the source doesn't want to put his name on it either but it got out anyways. We will always have the Bobby Lynch era, just like the Clayton Keller era and Schmaltz brothers era......

Reactions: randomhero4life

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Hahaha putting a name to a source isnt likely to happen even if it comes true. Not the way it works... usually. They often hear "this is what I know but you didnt hear it from me." Yes, rumours are out there. No, not all will materialize. Thats reality. Are people supposed to stop posting credible info in case its not 100% guaranteed? Not going to happen. Most wont post rumours unless they have a reason, though.

Reactions: Teflon

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Like I said 6 weeks ago or so it's along the lines of rumor mongering. If people don't like that term that's fine. Is dishing dirt more appropriate? If someone is going to spread a rumor you better hope your source is impeccable. Hence why people talk about wanting to hear it from the horses mouth. If you want to say something and speak to it as fact you should put your name on it and say your source because it's quite possible the source doesn't want to put his name on it either but it got out anyways. We will always have the Bobby Lynch era, just like the Clayton Keller era and Schmaltz brothers era......

I will take the brunt for this one, I will not be posting any information I have from now on. Better to let people speculate, perhaps dig their own graves! :laugh: Everyone has their sources/ information, I have learned now it is better not to post it on here.

:booboo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad