Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakotawarmth

Jan 20, 2018
In respect to Igor Jr. with all due respect , to pull the plug on your team like this , is an insult. These boys work their butts off for each other as much,if not more than for themselves and the fact that a player decides they are not up to his caliber is less than disrespectful, its insulting.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor vs Barrie
Dipietro and rookie Jet Greaves are the starting goalies.
Not dressed for Windsor, dman Thomas Stevenson and F- Cody Morgan
For the Colts leading scorer Ryan Suzuki and F- Connor LePage.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
In respect to Igor Jr. with all due respect , to pull the plug on your team like this , is an insult. These boys work their butts off for each other as much,if not more than for themselves and the fact that a player decides they are not up to his caliber is less than disrespectful, its insulting.

I hope you don’t think this decision was made by Igor Jr.
You can bet this decision was made by Igor Sr . who is looking after the interest of his son. It’s not the first time it’s happened and won’t be the last. What would you do, for instance, if you were a first round pick and found yourself not only on the end of the bench but rotated into the stands. Take a guy like Morgan for example.
Say what you will but you can bet his folks & agent are not happy.
You can say he needs to play better and that’s fine but if I had to bet I’d say they’ve talked to WR already. Other examples could very well be Starikov, Stevenson, Kutkevicius to name a few. These guys are part of a team yes but they all have a dream of moving up.
So dont be surprised if it happens again shortly. It’s really all about the money and the potential of making it..

Reactions: aresknights

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Like I always used to say on this board Punch, junior hockey today is " ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY".........you said it.

Dakotawarmth

Jan 20, 2018
I hope you don’t think this decision was made by Igor Jr.
You can bet this decision was made by Igor Sr . who is looking after the interest of his son. It’s not the first time it’s happened and won’t be the last. What would you do, for instance, if you were a first round pick and found yourself not only on the end of the bench but rotated into the stands. Take a guy like Morgan for example.
Say what you will but you can bet his folks & agent are not happy.
You can say he needs to play better and that’s fine but if I had to bet I’d say they’ve talked to WR already. Other examples could very well be Starikov, Stevenson, Kutkevicius to name a few. These guys are part of a team yes but they all have a dream of moving up.
So dont be surprised if it happens again shortly. It’s really all about the money and the potential of making it..
Agreed with all of the above.
At the end of the day he threw his entire squad , coaches and all under the bus.
That to me is something unforgivable.
Good luck going forward

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
4-3 Windsor wins.

We started off pretty slow, but in the 2nd, we started playing well.

The kids played great, and they got some production from the vets. The line of Douglas, Foudy, Kutcevicius played well throughout.

This may be the game we needed to get going.

On a different note, is it possible Boka gets a suspension for the fight after the game?

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Is that the DiPietro franchise win record tying win or breaker?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spits with a come from behind win against Colts.
Young kids played very well again. Wish the vets played like them.
A few vets got a point in this game. Need more production from them. They are still non existent on the ice many many times during the game.
DiPietro played very well. 2 out of the 3 goals he had NO help at all from the defence of the spits. Left him out to dry.
Nothing new there. Though the spits played better, there was many many times during the game where the spits were terrible. The coaching is terrible.
New smoking law coming to the arena.
No smoking at all around the rink including cigarettes.
That should bring the fans to the games now. lol

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Okay, thoughts on this one...

The WFCU Centre hosted their 10th anniversary party outside before the game. While a neat idea, and clearly had the fans pumped outside... the arena opened Dec 2008?! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and enjoy a good celebration, especially for the arena, but does this have anything to do with Monday being election day???

The good...

- Come-from-behind win. You never want to be down but, if you can get the win inspite, you take it.

- Veterans stepped up today. Douglas, Playfair, Boka, Allen, Corcoran all had really good games. This was a leadership game that they needed.

- I liked the energy in the second half of the game. It took the Spits a while to get going but they managed to find their legs.

- The scrum at the end might have been what this team needed. I don't know what set it off but you had Allen, Boka, and Playfair in there for sure. Boka and Keane went near the Spits bench to end it. Decision to Boka, which REALLY got the team fired up. D'Amico and DiPietro were alllll into this one.

- Corcoran PPG on a shot from the point. Good to see him find the net.

- DiPietro ties Engelage for most wins in a career by a Spits' goalie (78). Get that next win and do what needs to be done.

The bad...

- The first half felt like the Spits were allergic to hitting. I watched D'Amico skate full speed towards a guy at the boards, then stop right when he got to him. Why not go through? Make the hit! They peel off and don't put any fear into the opponent.

- Decision-making defensively is reall lacking. Feels like they can't make up their minds then, by the time they need to get rid of it, they turn it over.

- They need to stop trying to make that one final pass. Get the puck on net and charge for a rebound. At least once tonight, a Spitfire had the puck in the slot and, insted of shooting, tried to pass it to the blocker side wing. The winger didn't get the puck and it went into the corner instead. You need that shot on net.

- Weird new rule at the arena - no smoking ANYWHERE on the property. No vaping, smoking, or cannabis. Tonight was the last night you could do it. I'm not a smoker but I'm not sure that's the smart move.

Take the win and two points and hit the road. The game was kind of a snapshot of the season - one Spits team early, another Spits team late. Which one shows up this weekend?

great, boka will probably get suspended a game for it.
hope it was worth it.

If he's suspended, 100% worth it. Stood up as the leader and got the team fired up.

Reactions: Teflon

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Okay, thoughts on this one...

The WFCU Centre hosted their 10th anniversary party outside before the game. While a neat idea, and clearly had the fans pumped outside... the arena opened Dec 2008?! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and enjoy a good celebration, especially for the arena, but does this have anything to do with Monday being election day???

The good...

- Come-from-behind win. You never want to be down but, if you can get the win inspite, you take it.

- Veterans stepped up today. Douglas, Playfair, Boka, Allen, Corcoran all had really good games. This was a leadership game that they needed.

- I liked the energy in the second half of the game. It took the Spits a while to get going but they managed to find their legs.

- The scrum at the end might have been what this team needed. I don't know what set it off but you had Allen, Boka, and Playfair in there for sure. Boka and Keane went near the Spits bench to end it. Decision to Boka, which REALLY got the team fired up. D'Amico and DiPietro were alllll into this one.

- Corcoran PPG on a shot from the point. Good to see him find the net.

- DiPietro ties Engelage for most wins in a career by a Spits' goalie (78). Get that next win and do what needs to be done.

The bad...

- The first half felt like the Spits were allergic to hitting. I watched D'Amico skate full speed towards a guy at the boards, then stop right when he got to him. Why not go through? Make the hit! They peel off and don't put any fear into the opponent.

- Decision-making defensively is reall lacking. Feels like they can't make up their minds then, by the time they need to get rid of it, they turn it over.

- They need to stop trying to make that one final pass. Get the puck on net and charge for a rebound. At least once tonight, a Spitfire had the puck in the slot and, insted of shooting, tried to pass it to the blocker side wing. The winger didn't get the puck and it went into the corner instead. You need that shot on net.

- Weird new rule at the arena - no smoking ANYWHERE on the property. No vaping, smoking, or cannabis. Tonight was the last night you could do it. I'm not a smoker but I'm not sure that's the smart move.

Take the win and two points and hit the road. The game was kind of a snapshot of the season - one Spits team early, another Spits team late. Which one shows up this weekend?

If he's suspended, 100% worth it. Stood up as the leader and got the team fired up.

got the team fired up for what?
the game was OVER with.
sometimes it is better to do the smart thing.

Reactions: aresknights

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Smart thing is being a leader and defending your team. They now head on the road with a come-from-behind win and a leader that took a stand. The emotion on the players faces said it all.

so u r showing your teammates that fighting after the game is ok?
and could possible get suspended if the league looks at it.
Sometimes fighting is not the right thing to do.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
You're showing your teammate that standing up for each other is okay, regardless of when it is during the game. I'm fine with that. If I'm the coach, I'm giving Boka a pat on the back (which, btw, several players did).

But u r not a coach.
Time to get out of the stone age with fighting is always the best thing and get into the way hockey is going now.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Standing up for your teammates is the "stone age"? Hockey still has fights and players defending teammates. That's just reality. Just because you don't like a fight after the game doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

so missing a game due to suspension is a good thing?
I guess it would mean the young kids get more ice time which is a good thing.
At least they contribute.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I will take the brunt for this one, I will not be posting any information I have from now on. Better to let people speculate, perhaps dig their own graves! :laugh: Everyone has their sources/ information, I have learned now it is better not to post it on here.

:booboo:

It's not so much speculation or spreading rumors but if you're wrong own it. Don't go out talk about stuff that's going to happen and when it doesn't play the deflection game and call out haters. If you're going to say something and you're wrong own it. Also some people fail to comprehend the idea of vetting your source. I could walk downtown and somebody could tell me that Letowski is going to get fired. I'm not going to repeat that because 1) I don't know if the guy is a valid source 2) Put on your thinking cap. The issue is and always will be now people always want to be first with a "rumor" or news accuracy be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->